Fake Brushes

NaturalSister19

Re: Bargainpad brushes are FAKE

Quote:
Originally Posted by avjwc
I bought a 239 and a 168 from this seller. After reading this thread I compared those two brushes to the ones I know are authentic and see some difference. 1) The 239's black handle has bits of shinny specks compared to the matte black handle on the authentic brushes. 2) the rounded metal part on the fake isn't the same proportion as the authentic brushes. 3) The "V" between the "M" and the "A" on the MAC label on the handle is more rounded on the fakes compared to the authentic ones. and of course 4) the brushes did not come in the plastic packaging with bar code on it. The 168 from Bargainpad came with an additional clear plastic sleeve to protect the hairs.

Although the hairs on these brushes are very soft and comparable to real MAC brushes, I don't like being fooled by dishonest sellers. Help report fake MAC items by using this ebay form. http://cgi1.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAP...i rationDate=

In addition, I'm going to leave bargainpad NEGATIVE feedback, and I suggest anyone else here who has purchased from her to do the same. It's the only way other people interested in her auctions will realize the brushes she sells are fake.

>>>I have brushes that I purchased from the MAC PRO Store in NY and they DO have the little glittery specks in the handles unlike my older MAC brushes that have a solid shiny black handle.

I also noticed in the 'newer' brushes, the handles seem less 'woodlike' than the newer ones. I just attribute this to manufacturing changes.

erine1881

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xqueeze_me
I need opinions and comments regarding these brushes, please!

MAC professional 7 piece brush set + MAC pouch
MAC 7PC brush set + MAC leather pouch

The crimping on the ferrules for the big brush looks different?

Seller is also selling Chanel brush sets, Giorgio Armani brush sets and Christian Dior brush sets.

All the brush set pouches are similar.. roll up and tie.

both sets are FAKE! not only do both sets look janky, the first set has no numbers on the handles, and the second set has incorrect numbers. plus, MAC brush sets include either 4 or 5 brushes, not 7.

luvly_bubly

Hi there, I didnt want to make another fake brushes thread. So thought I would paste here.
Is this 217 brush fake?

http://i148.photobucket.com/albums/s...IMG_8245-1.jpg
http://i148.photobucket.com/albums/s...e/IMG_8245.jpg

And also i got this in a set its the - MAC Holiday Formal Basic Brush Set 129 219 239 266 316.. i cant tell if its real or not
ssad.gif
.. I havent included all brush pictures just 1 or 2. It is written china on the back of the brushes.
Package
number on package
brush box
brushes
brush2
brush name prints on handle

luvly_bubly

I was kind of worried there because the brushes didnt have any numbers on the plastic sleeves. Is that normal when their in a set? Or for Special Edition brushes?

panda0410

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvly_bubly
I was kind of worried there because the brushes didnt have any numbers on the plastic sleeves. Is that normal when their in a set? Or for Special Edition brushes?

I dont think the SE brushes do come with barcodes because they are often split from combined packaging. The standard brushes should always have them though
smiles.gif

creayu

Hi,

I just purchase #194 from this ebay seller: marescot (http://myworld.ebay.com/marescot). The handle has slight shimmer and comes with a strong laquer smell. When I asked him/her, she says there's no way the brushes are fake.
[FONT=Arial, Verdana]The UPC code is a on a separate sticker on the sleeve and not printed. Is it normal? Please advise. Thanks! [/FONT]

Quote:
[FONT=Arial, Verdana]Let us assure you that our brushes are NOT FAKE. they are 100% Authentic. We purchased them directly from an authorized MAC distributor (from who we have a receipt), not from some fly by night outfit or out of the trunk of someone’s car. To suggest that they are not real is totally preposterous. We have sold hundreds of MAC brushes & NEVER received a complaint, nor would we expect one since our brushes are real. The salesperson at the MAC counter will never verify a brush that was not bought directly in their store. Our brushes all come in original sleeves and every sleeve has the original UPC code on it (which you wont find on fakes).[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Verdana]

[/FONT]

panda0410

Barcoding on sleeves is PRINTED - NOT a sticker. Unfortunately I have seen a few fakes, both pigments, eyeshadows etc now presenting with sticker barcodes. Pigments, eyeshadows etc SHOULD have sticker barcodes, HOWEVER unfortunately in this case the barcode is SUPPOSED to be printed on the brush sleeve...
There is no such thing as a MAC distributor - MAC itself has verified that they do not, nor are ever likely to distribute wholesale. The only way they could buy in bulk is to purchase directly from mac pro members who also happen to have limits on numbers and items purchased.

Perhpas if you could post a pic of the item in question we may be able to help you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by creayu
Hi,

I just purchase #194 from this ebay seller: marescot (http://myworld.ebay.com/marescot). The handle has slight shimmer and comes with a strong laquer smell. When I asked him/her, she says there's no way the brushes are fake. [FONT=Arial, Verdana]The UPC code is a on a separate sticker on the sleeve and not printed. Is it normal? Please advise. Thanks! [/FONT]

[/size][/font]

Nomi Abebe

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruca_or_hina
just a heads up...
this seller is selling brushes again
i don't remember this l/e set or what would have been in it
it looks similar to the 7 peice brush set that xsqueeze me posted above, but includes a mascara wand
look here

not that i'm interested in buying them, BUT...

anyone have any idea if these are real?

I compared the 190 that I received and its authentic.

Nomi Abebe

Quote:
Hi,

I just purchase #194 from this ebay seller: marescot (http://myworld.ebay.com/marescot). The handle has slight shimmer and comes with a strong laquer smell. When I asked him/her, she says there's no way the brushes are fake.
[FONT=Arial, Verdana]The UPC code is a on a separate sticker on the sleeve and not printed. Is it normal? Please advise. Thanks! [/FONT]

[/size][/font]

UPC on sleeve is always a sticker and not printed. This is only for professional brushes that are available individually at MAC or Cosmetic Company Stores.

panda0410

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nomi Abebe
UPC on sleeve is always a sticker and not printed. This is only for professional brushes that are available individually at MAC or Cosmetic Company Stores.

No its not actually. All my brushes have come DIRECTLY from Pro stores and they are all printed barcodes. Please read through some of the threads, you will see this in quite a few.

It is perfectly normal to have PRINTED barcodes on sleeves of individual brushes sold at pro stores!

creayu

Hello,

I've managed to take some shots of the brush. Thanks so much!

The UPC Code (See the top right hand corner, it can be peeled off)
194.jpg

The brush close up
194-1.jpg

The brush number close up
194-2.jpg

The slight shimmer on the handle
194-3.jpg

Quote:
Originally Posted by panda0410

Perhpas if you could post a pic of the item in question we may be able to help you.

Nomi Abebe

The Ferrull (silver part) of the brushes look like its folded up at the edge. On an authentic brush it will be straight and not bent up.

Nomi Abebe

Quote:
Hi ladies, so the conclusion of the 194... Is it a real or fake brush? Thanks...

I do not think it is authentic

sherrle

just adding my two cents.....

i've bought several brushes on ebay and all of them turned out to be fake. i thought they looked real at first, but once i used them i wasn't too impressed with the quality and figured they were fake. after reading this thread i know for sure they are fake. i have bought from bargainpad and mandy06shop.

one thing i noticed though when comparing my real brushes to the fake ebay ones is that the middle line in the "A" in MAC is kind of short; it doesn't go from one side of the "A" to the other. of course the real MAC "A" doesn't connect both lines, but its pretty close. hopefully that makes sense. i can't post pictures right now.

i would love to get my money back but i've been using them and its been a few weeks. in any case, now my list of MAC stuff i need to buy is just a tad bit longer.

wolfsong

You can still get a refund if the item is used as long as you file a dispute before 45 days after payment. You can argue that you didnt know for sure, used them and them found out - and always provide evidence when messaging the seller on the paypal dispute centre section - photographic and ifo comparing authentic with the counterfeit is best (they use conversations to and fro in choosing who should win the claim). HTH