Fake Pigments Closetmustgo

Jade1012

Wow..... I will never buy from this woman again (Closetmustgo) Thank goodness the ones I got from her were legit. My MAC counter verified them. As for everyone else... I am so sorry you are going through this.
cry.gif
Good luck gals.

Jade

rockin

I do think you should now only correspond with her via the PayPal dispute, as per her request. That way PayPal can see for themselves just who is behaving in an unreasonable or even suspicious way.

How about including something like:

'Please be assured that I am seeking no compensation other than the refund of amounts already paid to you for these items. The only reason I asked about your suppliers is to prove that you obtained these items from a legitimate source.'

elegant-one

This is so curious, as many of us here have purchased absolute authentic Mac products from her for a long period of time.

Kana

how much is a fullsize pigment at the mac store?
most of her pigments are 16/17 dollars. that is a bit cheap isnt it? if she buys from mac then why would she sell at a lower price then it cost her???
it's almost to good to be true...

wolfsong

Quote:
Originally Posted by look_divine
no doubt you all will get the same lame excuses me and sushi got
plus the best one yet i got was and i quote

"I cant see colours very good like other people and the labels all look clear as crystal to me"

what a load of B*LLOCKS!!!!

Does she have the eyes of a dog lol! If this meant 'colour blind' wouldnt she have said that, rather than this reponse... Complete bull if you ask me - its very convenient that she cant open links nor can she see shade differences! How on earth will she see the proof with these obstacles
graucho.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xqueeze_me
Maybe its just me but I canNOT trust the shade colours listed on the MAC websites because they look different when its swatched, even on white paper. I have to see with my own eyes physically at the shades swatched or just in their packaging.. but I normally swatch it on my wrists to see the what the colours look like on my skin.
sneaky.gif

Totally agree - the swatches are terrible for determining what the colour and finish looks like, and shouldn't be used as indication as to whether a product is authentic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kana
this is her answer to my email:

Hello,
Pigments are often questioned with all the fakes out there I understand. The email group posting by WC RACER describes beautifully how to spot them. Mine pass all "tests" put forth by this seller. If you read the ENTIRE posting. I stand behind my product sa genuine as I purchase direct from mac warehouse. THey would certainly not sell me fake mac. You are most welcome to send them back if they are unused and you still do not believe me with all my great feedback and telling you they are 100% authentic and that I purchased direct from mac. There would be no way for me to prove it to you other than my word. If you do send them back unused, please enclose a note with all item information in it so I know where they are coming form.
Thank you

She must know that this guide is out of date due to Panda informing her! Why the hell does she think that a couple-year-old guide can tell whether pigments are authentic? Is she not aware that these fakes are being reformulated/improved often (and 2+ years is a long time in regards to manufacturing)? Wouldnt this be the logical reasoning?

Quote:
as i used the pigments before i found out i dont know if its wise to send them back...
what is she doesnt refund because they are used? then she gets to keep the pigments and my money, and she might sell them again to someone els.....

i really hate this!!!!

Are they obviously used? I would just make them look new and send them as if i didnt use them (i tap pigment into sample jar lids to use so it wouldnt be contaminated, but even if you use from the jar and double dip it serves her right!)
She'll have to prove they are used, just like us buyers would have to prove they are fakes
th_wink3.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by look_divine
well wait to you read my email off her
Dear ebay buyer,
Respectfully, I have offered you a refund on return of unused product. I have offered you all proof of authenticity that is available to me, short of
giving you information that is confidential.
It is my understanding that you wish to be refunded and that is what I am willing to do for you. I do suspect that you are now
attempting to extort information or perhaps further compensation from me. I will not allow this behavior to continue. Your continued
harassment is not appreciated nor will it be tolerated. Further slander of my name will result in further actions. Please discontinue
all communication with me at this time. Further communication will result in further action as well. Send all corespondence to Paypal
and your dispute filing. I will, as I always have, do exactly what paypal asks of me in their settlement of this dispute.

I have not asked for money except my refund and exort information? i only asked if she can prove in writing ewhere she bought them
GEEESH this jsut gets better
ssad.gif

Sounds like she is bullshitting due to having no answers to any of your (reasonable) questions. Counterfeit sellers often threaten to report you/actually do it, but i dont think they really will because it means ebay will investigate (and therefore take a look at all communication between you/the evidence you sent, and from that will probably take a closer look at her auctions). I would do as rockin wisely wrote though, its best not to keep poking at a bee hive
greengrin.gif

Quote:
most of her pigments are 16/17 dollars. that is a bit cheap isnt it? if she buys from mac then why would she sell at a lower price then it cost her???

I think they are $18 and above (LE items can be more expensive than Pro and regular).

ExquisiteImages

Quote:

A MAC full size pigment is $19.50 Dollars whether it's PRO, regular, or limited edition and MAC glitters are $15 US Dollars. She didn't purchase wholesale at the MAC store. She purchased from this wholesaler that had a warehouse in Canada that had the MAC pigments as well as the eyeshadows so maybe it's either a MAC warehouse or her supplier's warehouse, but I do know that occacsionally there are MAC warehouse sales that you have a ticket to go to to purchase the makeup items in Canada (There was a thread on Specktra in regards to the sale). I believe her supplier was selling it at $9.00 US Dollars a piece.

rockin

It's £15.00 for a jar of pigment in the UK - seems we have to pay a hell of a lot more than those of you in the USA or Canada
ssad.gif

BeautyPsycho

The seller replied to me, one of the things she said was "The reason that the lids appear shinier in the pictures is that when I upload my pictures through e-bay I always use the auto correct option. When I do this the pictures tend to show up brighter and shinier (I use this option so the pictures appear more clear). As for the color, it may be affected by this process as well and everybody?s computer screen shows colors differently"
She did cancel my bid and refunded my money, but do you think her explanation is any good?

Xqueeze_me

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeautyPsycho
The seller replied to me, one of the things she said was "The reason that the lids appear shinier in the pictures is that when I upload my pictures through e-bay I always use the auto correct option. When I do this the pictures tend to show up brighter and shinier (I use this option so the pictures appear more clear). As for the color, it may be affected by this process as well and everybody?s computer screen shows colors differently"
She did cancel my bid and refunded my money, but do you think her explanation is any good?

Wow, now she's pulling that photoshop info out of her ass? I agree with the change of colours due to monitor settings but still, she's lying re the shiny-ness of the lids.

I'm glad she refunded you! No, I still don't believe her.

Like a Specktrette said, after so many complains with the same particular pigments, the seller would know that there's wrong something with that batch of pigments BUT still selling them.
thmbdn.gif

Also with the extortion and whatever bullcrap about her selling authentic MAC when in fact a batch of them are fakes... I will NEVER check her listings again nor buy from her again. NEVER. Said they're direct from MAC and then tells us there are ways to buy from the manufacturers. What a LOAD OF BULL!!

BeautyPsycho

Thanks. Yeah, I'm glad I noticed that before she shipped it..
ssad.gif

I'm looking at pigments again and I'm scared lol I don't know if I should trust even those who have 100% positive feedback

gigglegirl

Nope, never trust even those with 100% positive. All those buyers could either be duped, or "fake" buyers either a friend of hers or herself.

darkishstar

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeautyPsycho

Tell her that is utter BS.
Because her other pictures (I've looked at them) don't have the lids as shiny as that one. I'm talking about the eyeshadows. Anyone who knows MAC knows that all their products pretty much have the same finish and gleam on the product containers, that auto correct option sure didn't make her eyeshadows turn into disco balls!

look_divine

I just replied that i didnt want any compensation and that i never mentioned any compensation to her via email, i also stated that i didnt want to know who her supplier was jsut proof they are legit
then i wrote best do like you said and leave this to ebay and paypal to sort
thanks

i was polite
smiles.gif

Sushi.

BeautyPsycho you can always buy direct from maccosmetics.com (figure out what colors you want by checking out the swatch threads on here) or there are people selling in the sale/swap thread as well on here.