Fake Pigments Closetmustgo

look_divine

your emerald green label looks foggy not as clear as the others
now what do i think?
I have no bloody idea
ssad.gif

panda0410

Thanks for the pics!!!

For all those looking at these - these are all pre 2006 pigment batches. Just remember that pre 2006 inclusive jars have text aligned CENTRALLY on the the backs of the jars, post 2006 have text aligned to the LEFT on the backs of the jars and this is normal
winks.gif

ExquisiteImages

A15 is called the batch code right? Or date code? Since it's A15, the 1 is for January and the 5 is for 2005 so your pigment was produced in January 2005. After looking and reading the other forum about updated counterfeits, it appears that the really foggy labels are fake. Anyone else?

gigglegirl

Hey Panda, I was checking out my pigment jars after your post about the batch code not being underneath the name. I've purchased all mine either through the counter or online, and my Provence, Cornflower and Vanilla have the codes underneath. Coincidentally all from 06 but not at the same time. *shrug*

These threads grow wicked fast. Wow.

ExquisiteImages

Quote:
Originally Posted by panda0410
Thanks for the pics!!!

For all those looking at these - these are all pre 2006 pigment batches. Just remember that pre 2006 inclusive jars have text aligned CENTRALLY on the the backs of the jars, post 2006 have text aligned to the LEFT on the backs of the jars and this is normal
winks.gif

Thank you for pointing that out. I never knew that! I now must read everything about counterfeit pigment threads here on Specktra so that I am aware because I almost bought Basic Red pigment one eBay since I saw one for cheap, but thank goodness I didn't. I'll just stick to ordering straight from MAC Pro even though the shipping and handling is around 7 bucks.

panda0410

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExquisiteImages
A15 is called the batch code right? Or date code? Since it's A15, the 1 is for January and the 5 is for 2005 so your pigment was produced in January 2005. After looking and reading the other forum about updated counterfeits, it appears that the really foggy labels are fake. Anyone else?

Thats what we thought too. The problem is that the packaging is now so very good that labelling and boxes are almost impossible to tell - the fake White piggie for example actually has a CLEAR base sticker - its the pigment that isnt right. If you saw the deep blue green then you'll know that just looking at the pigment is no longer good enough either because they are almost identical - the only real way to tell now is to swatch
ssad.gif

No more ebay for me....lol!!

panda0410

Quote:
Originally Posted by gigglegirl
Hey Panda, I was checking out my pigment jars after your post about the batch code not being underneath the name. I've purchased all mine either through the counter or online, and my Provence, Cornflower and Vanilla have the codes underneath. Coincidentally all from 06 but not at the same time. *shrug*

These threads grow wicked fast. Wow.

are they printed on or stamped in hun?? the stamped ones are usually always on top, the printed ones can be either on top or below
winks.gif

gigglegirl

They are stamped. Maybe its us crazy Canadians? LOL I'm not worried b/c they're legit, I was just sharing that I had a few with the batch code below the name.

If I had a digital camera period I would take a pic.

panda0410

Quote:
Originally Posted by gigglegirl
They are stamped. Maybe its us crazy Canadians? LOL I'm not worried b/c they're legit, I was just sharing that I had a few with the batch code below the name.

If I had a digital camera period I would take a pic.

ROFL!!! hahaha, Canadians, maybe you do do it differently
graucho.gif

No really, the reason I asked was because some of the mid 2007 fakes had the stamped stickers and many of them were stamped under the name - often the authetics were stamped over the name or not stamped at all, they were printed
th_wink3.gif

ExquisiteImages

I have an authentic Chartreuse pigment to take a picture of to post on here too. I just found it in my traincase full of backups. I'll have them posted up tomorrow since I'm about to head out to the movies. If anyone here needs me to take a picture of a particular pigment to compare it to, you can ask me and see if I have the pigment and I'll take a picture for you.

MACForME

Quote:
Originally Posted by look_divine
you try telling closetmustgo that
angry.gif

Uh-oh.. did you try telling her that her items are fake? I'm SURE that there are a ton of people with real Green/Brown out there that would be happy to show her the real color..You can show her my pics if you like..

MACForME

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExquisiteImages
I have an authentic Chartreuse pigment to take a picture of to post on here too. I just found it in my traincase full of backups. I'll have them posted up tomorrow since I'm about to head out to the movies. If anyone here needs me to take a picture of a particular pigment to compare it to, you can ask me and see if I have the pigment and I'll take a picture for you.

Yes! I'll help out too! If she doesn't have it, and I do, I'll post a pic!!

MACForME

Quote:
mine is exactly like sushis
looks almost gold
ssad.gif

and i wiped a little on the paper does it look green to you?
heres pics to prove it
look_divine - Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Nope- When I swipe my green/brown.. its almost a bricky-brown with green. How much green or brown reflection depends on how I hold the paper against the light.. I'll swatch it on my arm and paper later.. its after midnight now, and i'm beat!

wolfsong

Quote:
my emerald green has batch code A15
whatever that means and its label is foggy
so what we all think now

Just to add to this:
The frst digit means the batch that month (A= 1st, B= 2nd etc - though ive personally never seen anything other than A and B).
The second digit means the month (1= Jan, up to 9= Sept, A= Oct, B= Nov, C= Dec).
The third digit means the year (2= 2002, 7= 2007). So therefore its not logical to have a MAC product that has a batch code like this A49 - like some of those seen on ebay - as it would have to have been made in the future (unless the mastermind behind MAC is Michael J Fox
graucho.gif
).

BeautyPsycho

Here you go.. Green brown. I only have sample that I got here (on specktra) and I trust that seller, so I believe these are going to help you compare your pigment to this one...
IMG_1387.jpg

IMG_1386.jpg

Xqueeze_me

Quote:
Originally Posted by panda0410
No really, the reason I asked was because some of the mid 2007 fakes had the stamped stickers and many of them were stamped under the name - often the authetics were stamped over the name or not stamped at all, they were printed
th_wink3.gif

I have.... HAD
cry.gif
(hehe!) 3 MAC pigments (Accent Red, Copperclast and Fairylite) with the batch codes stamped under the name on the bottom of the jars but majority ARE stamped above the name.

Sushi.

Quote:
Uh-oh.. did you try telling her that her items are fake? I'm SURE that there are a ton of people with real Green/Brown out there that would be happy to show her the real color..You can show her my pics if you like..

i tried to show her the difference but she said she cannot view links :S

iamadreamer

I have an authentic chartreuse and I recently purchased another on ebay and recieved a fake
angry.gif
(a different seller though). It's scary how much detail the counterfieters have put into these to make them convincing, but the color is waaaaaaaaaaay off!!

I took some detailed pictures, I hope this helps.

momsjunk52842.jpg

momsjunk52836.jpg

momsjunk52833.jpg

momsjunk52829.jpg

momsjunk52826.jpg

momsjunk52824.jpg