Fyrinnae?? (formerly Bombshell Bath)

ilexica

Re: Aromaleigh?

Just to say that I got my package - Parental Advisory is just the *perfect* purple, and Cheshire Cat Grin is a wonderful royal blue. They also sent me a sample of immortality so that and equality are now on my wishlist. I really like the pixie epoxy too. Overall, two thumbs up.

Artemisia

My order arrived and I'm so happy with it!
smiles.gif

All the colours are so pretty, they actually look much better than their pictures would suggest.
Hypercool is indeed really awesome, glad i ordered that one.
I think I'll stick with sample sizes though as they are quite generously filled.
The lip lustres are really great as well, they smell fab and the colour pay off is really good.
Very opaque, unusual colours and they last quite long too.
Definitely need more of these.
I'm sad that My Toi appears to be gone now though
ssad.gif

Really wanted that one, it was a pretty visual kei-ish dark blue (which kinda reminded me of Mana-sama, one of my style icons).

Ohh and Pixie Epoxy is something everyone should own, seriously.

Kragey

^ Yeah, I noticed that a bunch of stuff I wanted to buy is gone now. Kabuki eyeshadow and the My Toi and Deceptive Innocence lip lustres, namely...

-moonflower-

You didn't miss much with My Toi, it was a bitch to get it to apply evenly and the colour was much more sheer than it looked in the tube.

Kragey

Actually, they appear to be back up. No clue why they disappeared for a day or two; might've been a fluke on my side, or they could've been updating when I checked. I do know that they got rid of Kabuki, which is an eyeshadow I've been dying for.
ssad.gif

Also, Twitter-stalk update!

"new "sample" size (shadows &___?) is 1/3tsp. Will function as both sample and Mini size, no qty limit, can pan-press w/ 2."

Damn, guess I'm gonna have to start buying full sizes.
winks.gif

EDIT: apparently, people have been complaining about the price changes: http://bit.ly/c2Cp1Y

WTF?! You're getting MORE, and you're only paying an extra quarter! And there's no limit on how many samples you can get anymore! And this company has always put out great products at ridiculously low prices! WTF is wrong with these people; why in God's name are they whining?!

shatteredshards

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kragey
"new 'sample' size (shadows &___?) is 1/3tsp. Will function as both sample and Mini size, no qty limit, can pan-press w/ 2."

I'm just as baffled as you are as to why people are whining about it. A 1/3 tsp jar for $2 is a pretty nice trial size - bigger than a standard sample, but not a full jar, which I never really can use up. I definately like it.

tangledrose

People are really complaining about an extra 25 cents? Sheesh.

I know that for me personally, a small increase like that is no problem given that they offer free postage to international customers. Thats what usually stops me buying overseas, when business wants $12 and way way up just to post a lipstick or something to australia. Its ridiculous.

Just patiently waiting for the store to reopen! Want new colours.

Almost black.

That's so funny and so typical. People will always complain about something so ridiculous like extra 25 cents (WOW), but when it comes to bigger changes (like MAC pigments for example) they are actually okay with than and they even justify something like that (like - it's expensive to make pigments, they had to change something, bla bla bla).
th_LMAO.gif

I'll still be a loyal customer when it comes to Fyrinnae. I'll pay $2 and great if I get more! I love their e/s and I don't think I'll ever finish up any of them.
greengrin.gif

Which reminded me - haven't ordered anything for some time, I kinda miss that.
love.gif

Flowitu

WOW, a 1/3 tsp for $2, worth it! Of course, some people will always complain and it's only normal to. After all, we've been getting great deals from Fyrinnae and it's natural to expect more. However, I want to see Fyrinnae keep their shop open, so I'm totally fine. People should know that for $2, you don't have to buy a full size jars, and I doubt you would be using that anytime soon!!

Kragey, this blogger is really funny! "they have been receiving hate mail over this? Yes that's right. Some people are so damn cheap that they don't want to pay a whole twenty-five cents more for (in my humble opinion) some of the best eye colors around!" Why is fyrinnae getting hate mail is beyond me.......

One thing to complain about fyrinnae is that last time they stopped carrying few colors without much of a warning, namely "but I like frogs" collection. Sigh... Tangledrose, namely cough"archetype"cough...

I'll have to try pressing some when I order next time. And 2 bucks isnt bad for the amount and quality you get! I'll always order from them :]

Kragey

I plan on placing an order ASAP, just to prove my loyalty. These people are crazy if they think $2 for a JAR (I freaking HATE baggies) is something awful. And there's no limit anymore!

I should also try a sample of the Pixie Epoxy. I love my TFSI, but everybody raves about it.

tangledrose

The pixie epoxy is an absolute must have. I use it with every brand of eyeshadow I use, not just the Fyrinnae's.

shatteredshards

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kragey
I should also try a sample of the Pixie Epoxy. I love my TFSI, but everybody raves about it.

It's not like a normal eyeshadow base, rather, it's an extra product that helps sparkles stick and gives a foiled look when used with dry eyeshadow application. I use it over TFSI, in fact.

crashingg

love them!
I made my first purchase from them a couple weeks ago and finally did some swatches, very impressed! The samples came in nice labeled sample jars as well and they gave a generous amount imo. They threw in a free sample too!

DSC_0182th.jpg

I have a more detailed description and a fullsized image in this post!
makeupbyMAN yo: Fyrinnae Swatches

shatteredshards

They've revealed all the size/price changes in the blog - again, I really don't get why people are complaining! Maybe they should stop having CrabbyOs for breakfast.

Quote:

• Shadow Full Size (e/s is about 1.25 to 1.5 tsp) - $5.90 (was 5.25)
  • Shadow Mini (sample) - 1/3tsp = $2 (was $1.75 for 1/4tsp)
  • Arcane Shadow Full Size - $6.35 (was $5.95)
  • Arcane Shadow Mini - 1/4tsp = $2 (was $1.75 for 1/8tsp -see, twice as much for .25 more)
  • City Glam Mini - 1/4tsp =$2 (was $1.75 for 1/8tsp. Full size price did not increase)
  • Fluff - reduced in price by .50 (not including sample)
  • Pixie Epoxy - reduced in price by .50 (not including sample)

Fyrinnae: Here we go

Kragey

Quote:
Originally Posted by crashingg
love them!
I made my first purchase from them a couple weeks ago and finally did some swatches, very impressed! The samples came in nice labeled sample jars as well and they gave a generous amount imo. They threw in a free sample too!

DSC_0182th.jpg

I have a more detailed description and a fullsized image in this post!
makeupbyMAN yo: Fyrinnae Swatches

I've been wanting Bali Mynah, Kamikaze, and Shinigami, so thanks for this!

I have Parental Advisory and even though I'm usually not in to purple, I loooooove it! Great as a liner with a wash of bright orange on the lid.
smiles.gif

Teggy

Huh...I wonder if their formula changed. I own a Selkie Skin sample from a few years ago and it does not have that pretty green shimmer.

Kragey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teggy
Huh...I wonder if their formula changed. I own a Selkie Skin sample from a few years ago and it does not have that pretty green shimmer.

Small companies tend to have slight differences in between batches, since it's all hand made. That may be it.