Fyrinnae?? (formerly Bombshell Bath)

Fataliya

Ok, so I got bored and decided to swatch all my Fyrinnae piggies, lol. I'm a NW20, if that helps any.

The pictures could have been better, I guess, but it's dark here, so I had to work with what I've got:

IMG_0158.jpg

R to L:
Platinum, Fruitcake, Trickery, Shinkirou, Kung Pao, Angel's Tale, Okapi, Conjuror,

IMG_0160.jpg

R to L:
Peaseblossom, Christmas Tree, Daemon's Tale, Meerkat, Orion's Belt, Sumatran Tiger, Titania, Happy Fun Pink, Lemmus Sibiricus, Healer's Touch, Arctic Fox

IMG_0163.jpg

R to L:
Immortality, Merlot, Pure Sugar, Winter Again, Baby Beluga, Moon Child, Finnegan's Wake, Nijiro, Polar Bear

IMG_0167.jpg

R to L:
Japan, Rebellion, Javan Rhino, Bali Mynah, Digital Faerie, Blue Whale, Wizard's Apprentice, Dragontears

IMG_0169.jpg

R to L:
Dragon Magic, Naughty Elves, Sea Otter, Farseer, Mirrors, Equality

IMG_0171.jpg

R to L:
Snow Leopard, Solstice, Avian Shapeshifter, City Glam: Lights of Tel Aviv, City Glam: Lights of Quebec, Mineral Highlighter: Confidence

The City Glam is loose microscopic glitter that you can use all over. It's not really glitter, either...it's not disco ball glitter, or little kid glitter. But it makes you nice and shimmery. The mineral highlighter swatch didn't come out, either. It's a really pretty pale pink that I use every freaking day. I love it. It's in my FOTD's that I post.

Anyhow, hope this helps someone out, and I'm sorry the pictures didn't come out better.

-moonflower-

Has anyone used the gel primer yet or any of the new Alice in Wonderland eyeshadows? I just ordered some stuff yesterday, the primer, the new eyeshadows and a few of the lip lustres. I'm really impatient for it to get here now though, I hate that it takes so long!!

Almost black.

I haven't ordered anything in such a long time and I probably won't cause I'm a bit tired of mineral cosmetics
greengrin.gif

But please give us some review on those products!
smiles.gif

jenizzle

Oooo there's new stuff?! I must get some now, should be here in July! Definitely worth the wait though
greengrin.gif

I love Fyrinnae. They are my favorites along with AL. I tend to go for Fyrinnae when I want really poppy, intense looks. Al is less glittery I suppose, but still intense and beautiful. The colors from FY are so unique. I love their Neouniverse, Curious & Curiouser, etc. I have tons of pigment samples from them as well as some full sizes. Their samples are so generous to work with. With them, I've found colors like greens & blues that don't usually look good on me that now look great on me. The key is application to getting the pigment and true quality to shine through. Takes a bit longer than normal blending but its so worth it. Their rice primer is one of my favorite primers.

Onychophora

What are their lip glosses like? I'm always looking for colors that work with my super-pale, super-cool-toned skin, and Ice Cream Party and Lollipop-Pop look like they might.

mdjmsj

Their glosses are more like stains really-they are moisturizing but don't stay glossy for long, they dry to a long wearing 'stain' without being drying. I personally love them.

InspiredBlue

I recently ordered some e/s samples from Fyrinnae. Most of the colors were great, but some I feel are just to full of sparkles that simply fall off when applied. This goes especially for darker shades with sparkles like Biker Chick.

I'm in love with the color Cupcake Sprinkles. It this wonderful purple-blue color.

Now I just need to stop myself from putting in another order, because I want almost so many of their e/s, but I should really create some looks and wear the ones I already have.
winks.gif

shatteredshards

Does anyone happen to know if they're redoing the website or something? It's just a blank black page, except for some white ">>>>>>" and some black text about the company making mmu that you have to hilight to see.

InspiredBlue

Now it says "10/6: be back soon" as well. I've seen those little arrows a few times over the last week. The site usually comes back up in a few hours. I don't know if it's just updates, or if they are having some kind of trouble with the site.

Rosalie1915

Favorite Fyrianne Eyeshadows?

So i would love to hear some of your favorite eyeshadows that fyrinnae sells, i am thinking about asking for some for christmas!! TIA

* Just noticed i spelled Fyrinnae wrong so i apologize!!

SuSana

Re: Favorite Fyrianne Eyeshadows?

My favorites are Dragonskin, Newcastle & Oberon. I really like Newcastle over a black base.

user19

Re: Favorite Fyrianne Eyeshadows?

I actually just got a bunch of samples and am eager to try them out. I'm going to swatch them for my blog's debut, which won't be for a while. I can tell you which colors I really liked. I did already try Curiouser and Curiouser and I loved it. I didn't like Arctic Fox as much because it simply wasn't shimmery enough, but it would be perfect for a dark purple smokey eye.

jenizzle

Just have to mention that I got a partial refund today from Fyrinnae as my order was delayed by 2 days.

Quote:
We're very sorry that your order was late going out (we try to keep
them under 8 business days, and this was 10)

Their website states an 8-12 day turn around.

I ordered a load of their newest shadows that they did for Hallowe'en and I hadn't expected to hear anything back from them for a month or so (shipping to Ireland is sloooow), so kudos to them for great customer service!
choochoo.gif

bhevarri

I'm planning to make a christmas order from them =D I am so excited! I love the complexity of these colors!

Wintertulip

Edit: Never mind- it's working for me now!

Is anyone else having issues with their website? I haven't been able to get onto it for a week now. All I get is this message:

Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.0; en-GB; rv:1.9.1.5) Gecko/20091102 Firefox/3.5.5 (.NET CLR 3.5.30729) You may be rceiving this message if our site is undergoing maintainence, or is temporarily unavailable.

Can anyone advise please? I would love to be able to buy some of their new collection!

Kragey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wintertulip
Edit: Never mind- it's working for me now!

Is anyone else having issues with their website? I haven't been able to get onto it for a week now. All I get is this message:

Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.0; en-GB; rv:1.9.1.5) Gecko/20091102 Firefox/3.5.5 (.NET CLR 3.5.30729) You may be rceiving this message if our site is undergoing maintainence, or is temporarily unavailable.

Can anyone advise please? I would love to be able to buy some of their new collection!

It was just temporary site maintenance. They mention it on their front page now.

Kragey

I think these aren't comparable to MAC piggies, not because they "aren't as good," but because they're different. MAC pigments, IMO, are more like true shades, whereas Fyrinnae shadows are rather complex and multi-layered.

Personally, I recommend putting a dot of water or visine on the back of your hand (I just use water), then dropping in a bit of pigment to apply the colors wet. If the stuff on your hand dries, just reactivate it with a bit more liquid. A firm taklon brush works best for this, like an artist's brush. Then I like to sweep a layer of dry over top with a fluffier shadow brursh...it lasts for hours and looks GORGEOUS.

I haven't used ALL of the colors yet, but Digital Faerie deserves the hype, IMO, and Sidhe looks great with Lucky Charmed.

The super-sparkly colors are best used with pixie epoxy. I don't care much for sparkles, so I don't really own any of those shades, but one of my friends LOVES sparkles and uses Biker Chick and Avenging Salem A LOT with the pixie epoxy.

If you EVER get a color that seems REALLY off, contact them about it and perhaps attach a photo. They are VERY good about sending you a new jar; several people have told me that one of their colors looked "off," but when they sent the issue to Fyrinnae, the new jar was the correct color. I would assume that would happen from time to time with handmade cosmetics. Really, the customer service is great; I sent them a message asking if they ever planned to make a green lip lustre and asked about how metallic Hair Dye is, and they responded promptly. Very sweet people.
smiles.gif

I wish I could've tried their perfume oils and their foundation, because everybody RAVES about them.
ssad.gif

user19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kragey
I sent them a message asking if they ever planned to make a green lip lustre

Well what'd they say? Are they going to make a green one?
winks.gif

Kragey

Quote:
Originally Posted by psychobunny13
Well what'd they say? Are they going to make a green one?
winks.gif

"My partner has tossed around the idea of a green before, so that may be in the near future."

^ Sounds like a strong maybe to me.
yes.gif