Giveaway 12/22/07 - Congrats Cosmopolitics!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Janice

This contest is open to both US & international members.

Congratulations Cosmopolitics! Please PM me with your mailing address!

Today's giveaway consists of the following products:

Mineralized Eyeshadow: Earthly Riches
Nail Laquer: Nocturnelle
3D Glass: Algorithim

What is your favorite Holiday tradition?

How to Enter:

Reply to this thread with your tradition!

A random winner will be chosen from the replies.

Please remember the rules - only one entry per member per day! You cannot win more than one "Haul a Day" Giveaway, so if you have already won, please do not enter. (This does not include the Barbie raffle.)

And, if you haven't already, be sure to buy your raffle tickets for the Barbie raffle. Remember, with your purchase of each ticket you will also be entered into a second "surprise" raffle of MAC Cosmetics product.

Good luck!

starz

Re: Giveaway 12/22/07 - "Dirty" Berry MAC combo

My favorite holiday tradition since I can remember has been to open one gift on Ghristmas eve. We have passed this on to our kids and it creates excitement for the morning to come!!
yahoo.gif

soco210

Growing up we moved around so much and had family spread all over the country that it was hard to establish any sort of tradition.
Now, with my husband and son, we have a tradition of making sure we're home for Christmas Eve to wake up here Christmas morning. On Christmas Eve we read our son the book the Night Before Christmas. On Christmas Day my dad comes over and we celebrate, then we all go to my husbands Grandmothers, where his entire family is having a huge breakfast.

Later that day we head to my mothers house for Christmas dinner. Then, usually (weather permitting) we head up to Cleveland, Ohio to see my Aunt's beautiful old home decorated for Christmas. We spend a few days with them and are home for the New Year.
smiles.gif

And, of course, at some point we watch A Christmas Story
smiles.gif
lol who doesn't?!?!

MACATTAK

It's baking with my mom. We always make lots of goodies for our friends, and do it together. It's very fun & I look forward to it every year.

trip75

My son waking me up at the butt crack of dawn. Screaming cause Santa ate ALL the cookies then opening presents. Heading over to my sis' house having brunch there (in our jammies). Then lunch at my aunts. I love it!!

MxAxC-_ATTACK

Going to my Grandmothers house in the morning, with the whole family.

( we don't do this anymore since my grandma passed last year)

which no longer makes it a tradition, but It was for 25 years for me so , there you go.

Firebabe

Our tradition is some kind of non alcohol drink with the kids and lots of Christmas movies.. I always have Christmas songs playing during the day as well
Turkey and all the trimmings and then after that we watch movies and talk about how fast the year went by hehe

nikki

My husband, kids, and I spend all day Christmas Eve and Christmas Day with our families cooking, eating, and , of course, opening presents!! This has been our tradition for as long as we have been together :)

linziP123

i love everything about xmas, my favourite bit is waking up all excited and waiting for all my brothers and sister (theres 6 of us so its very exciting!!) to go to my mum's room to open our stocking presents!

poocatgrrl

My favorite holiday tradition is baking and leaving out cookies for Santa on Christmas eve! I don't have any kids (yet?) but still like the baking cookie (snickerdoodle!) part.
smiles.gif

natalie75

As the children get older, and the family gets bigger, Traditions change...... The one that never changes is Christmas day we are all together. This year we are more grateful than ever that we will be together. Mom has spent this year in treatment for cancer and is in remission.

We all feel so blessed to have this Christmas with mom after all she has been through.

darkishstar

We always go out for breakfast Christmas morning. =) I love the hot chocolate!

ellyd_hert

We always have a huge meal and listen to carols while we open all the gifts.

Switz1880

I love having all the family together and opening presents and having brunch together. Then my sister and I always make and decorate lots of cookies and play with all our new stuff!!

*KT*

Our tradition is to have the big family thing the night before Christmas so the actual day itself can be more simple and relaxed with immediate family. All of my family lives an hour away, so we pack up and spend the night with my folks. Simple is best this time of the year. =)

duch3ss25

We have a tradition every New Years Eve to hang grapes on each window of the house as well as on doors and arches. Also, we always make a fruit bowl/basket where we put money and rice at the bottom of the container, then place as many "round" fruits we can buy, with the number of fruits no less than 13. We do not touch these fruits until after the 1st day of the new year. Only then do we take apart the basket. The money placed underneath is returned to each family member and we keep it for good luck. Then my Mom and I make fruit salad and my Dad bakes mango bread (from the trees in our yard) then we get to enjoy it and share it with our neighbors and relatives!

Shadow

My favorite holiday tradition is very personal. Before I go to sleep on Christmas night I say a special prayer for all my family that has passed away. I think of each one of them and remember Christmas' past when they were here with us. I tell them I love them and miss them.

kokometro

Our family has a lovely tradition that takes place long after dark on Christmas eve.

My husband, myself and our two boys go outside and we give our youngest son a handful of glitter. It's his job then to close his eyes tight, wish Santa to our home and toss the glitter into the air.
Even though Hunter is starting to question the authenticity of Santa, I know that this tradition will be one that we will continue forever. The glitter is so beautiful falling in the moonlight as it summons Santa and his reindeer. This is a a real magic moment for me. It's one I wait for all year.

Status
Not open for further replies.