Giveaway 12/22/07 - Congrats Cosmopolitics!

Status
Not open for further replies.

HOTasFCUK

Re: Giveaway 12/22/07 - "Dirty" Berry MAC combo

My fave tradition is getting together with all my close family & enjoying a very long, big, & great Italian dinner!

gigglegirl

Favourite holiday tradition:

I love putting up the Christmas tree and every year going to Hallmark and buying a new ornament for that year (it had to have the date on it somewhere).

prettybaby

My favorite is the baking of the ham! I always do the ham ( cause Im pretty much the best ever at it). It doesnt matter where we have the meal if its my place, or my sisters, but for years it has always been us, our spouses and our kids for the meal and play time.... sigh.... What would we do without family to share these special days with?

Marcita

We don't celebrate Christmas so we've come up with a way to be with family and friends on Christmas Eve. Every year I make a big pot of chili, serve hot dogs and Honey Baked Turkey, salad, cornbread and desserts galore. We invite just about everyone we know that doesn't celebrate Christmas either (and some that do!).
I started by using 3 pounds of meat and I'm up to 10 pounds of meat just for the chili so we grow and grow.
It's so wonderful to be with everyone for a happy occasion, whether we celebrate a holiday or not.

Lexx13

My tradition is to get together with all my family for brunch on X-mas morning. We party until the next day lol.
yahoo.gif

gracetre123

We always open the presents in the morning, and my mom make this delicius pan cakes and hot chocolate...I love that morning...

nunu

opening the gifts and sip hot chocolate!

CaraAmericana

Every Xmas my mother always takes her shower way too late and takes long showers at that; somebody is still at home not awake yet and hungover from a celebration the night before; my son is bugging the heck out of me to open gifts but I keep telling him he needs to wait till grandma is out the shower; my Uncle Joe is sulking at home and we have to keep calling him to get his butt over here because family should be together, BUT as soon as we are all together eating and talking and being all happy and joyous, I know it is all worth it and then I get sad that it is just for one day and the next day we will all go back to hating each other. =)

goink

The Christmas dinners.
It's great to eat with the family!

kristakamikaze

What is your favorite Holiday tradition?

my favorite christmas tradition,
is when we get together with my aunt/uncle on my moms side of the family, on christmas eve, exchange gifts, have pizza, and just enjoy eachothers company

glam8babe

i just love seeing my family, i dont see them alot apart from my mum and its just nice to finally spend some time with them on such a nice day. I also love it when we exchange gifts and have a huge talk and eat chocolates... then in the evening i see my boyfriend and spend the night with him which i love

Eugenia

On Christmas morning, we all (19 of us) gather at my Dad's house, the one we grew up in--my sisters, brothers, in laws, nieces, nephews. We have a huge southern-style breakfast. After that, we go to the living room to open gifts that have been carefully arranged beneath the tree, in front of the fireplace and under furniture, too! Everyone has their "pile," and we take turns, each opening one, until done.

well, that's the big family tradition. My own personal tradition involves running out on xmas eve for scotch tape --because I always underestimate -- so I can wrap all the last-minute gifts while listening to the Mormon Tabernacle Choir on TV.

kamenashi

count down to christmas on christmas eve, scream the house down at 12am sharp...and my family will dance around the house singing a xmas medley
smiles.gif

newagetomatoz

I have no clue how it started, but for about the past, oh, six years, every Christmas Eve my family and I have tacos and burritos for dinner followed by A White Christmas.

Araylan

When I was little it was cooking sugar cookies with my uncle but we eventually stopped doing that. Now I help my aunt (his sister, not wife) cook our big family dinner for Christmas Eve. Oh...and we make all kinds of goodies like chocolate covered pretzels and peanut butter pinwheels. Yum. :)

clslvr6spd

My mom, grandma and I get together on Christmas and cook prime rib
drools.gif
and get a little tipsy and enjoy each others company!

luckyme

My favorite tradition is opening presents on Christmas Eve in the evening and sleeping in late on Christmas day!

ln_marie_d

being with family and eating so much plum pudding and custard that you feel like your going to pop - then eating it again for breakfast the next morning

MorningGlory

Christmas Eve we spend the day making cookies and fudge. Then for Christmas eve dinner we always have cracked Dungeness crab. It is a fantastically messy but tasty meal. I love it because this is the most relaxed time of the holidays. Then Christmas morning we open presents and get ready for the formal dinner party we have every year.

Status
Not open for further replies.