Giveaway 12/22/07 - Congrats Cosmopolitics!

Status
Not open for further replies.

liv

Re: Giveaway 12/22/07 - "Dirty" Berry MAC combo

I LOVE decorating the tree, and I always begged to be the one to put the star on the top (with my dad's help when I was little). We always made ornaments in school and gave them to our parents as presents, and they still have them. And I love real trees. When I have my own house...it's all real for me! I love how they smell. =]

redambition

There are two things that I do every Christmas morning.

The first is running a sink of water in the bathroom, dropping a coin in there and then washing my face using that water. It's a Polish tradition that my family have passed on to me - it's meant to bring good luck and good health. My whole family does this every Christmas morning.

After I've washed my face I stumble into the kitchen and grab some leftover christmas pudding, drown it in custard and eat it to perk me up from the night before - our main festivities are always on Christmas eve.

lindsaykinzie

Cooking with my dad.
th_thstars.gif
My mom pretty much decided not to be a part of our lives so my dad had to be both a mom and dad to me. Every year we make tons of cookies before christmas. Then on christmas day we make a huge dinner and have family and friends over.

mena22787

Mine is actually Christmas Eve. My family [me, my mom, my dad, and brother] goes over my grandparent's house and we open our presents and have dessert. It's also my dad's birthday, but we always joke he gets gypped. It'll actually be different and bittersweet this year and for years to come unfortunately because my grandfather just passed two weeks ago, but he'll still be there in spirit.

prettygirl

My family tradition.. ever since I can remember.. is going over to my grandmother's house every Christmas morning to have a big dinner and switch presents with the entire extended family. I love watching the little kids open their presents now... it's cliche.. but the look on their faces is priceless.

Thank you again Specktra for these Hauladays.. I LOVE THEM!

kblakes

My favorite Holiday tradition is having my grandparents over on Christmas Eve. We hang out, eat dinner, and open all the gifts. Then we go to mass at 10 pm. As my family members get older it makes me appreciate this small tradition even more than I did before.

janelovesyou

The only tradition that I can think of for every holiday is Gumbo at any family event. Sooooo good!

FREYA

My mom and I never really had a steady place to live, and every Christmas was hard for us. The closest we ever came to an actual tradition was watching Christmas funny movies like "Christmas Vacation", "charlie Brown Christmas" and the claymation ones. Anyway, we still watch movies and drink tea every year, regardless if we can afford a 'real' Chirstmas or not.
smiles.gif

SlimSugar

we have a Tree trimming party. Although the Tree is already trimmed. WE invite our family over. Everyone brings a new special ornament (bought or made) and we do a grab bag. So everyone gets a new special ornament to take home and add to their collection. Drinking eggnog and hot chocolate listening to christmas music and watching christmas movies. Plenty food fun and laughs. pictures too.. creates the best memories! I cant wait for this year!

makeupwhore54

My favorite ever since ive been little is going out looking at all the Holiday lights and we come home put icing on sugar cookies then open our Christmas eve gift[which is always pjs]. I think thats my favorite thing to do ever!

XShear

Christmas, on Christmas Eve ... it's been that way ever since I was little, and I would love the continue that tradition with my kids someday.
smiles.gif

j_absinthe

My family is impateint. My favorite holiday tradition is waiting up till midnight of Christmas Eve to open presents.

It sucks though, as my mom is working that evening, but it's something I remember that still makes me a little happy.

Holly

My favourite tradition is making Christmas dinner with my mom, and being with my family on Christmas eve (That's my moms birthday) and christmas day, listening to christmas music and just spending time together. I don't get to see my family all together very often, so Christmas is great
smiles.gif

Holls*

We always get a christmas tree the day after thanksgiving and decorate it together with music and cocoa. Then we wrap gifts together. On christmas eve we go around to family parties and share the gifts and get home, have cocoa while watching where santa is. then when we tuck the girls in we will read a night before christmas and the girls go to sleep, we do the santa stuff and then on christmas morning the kids wake us up. we open gifts and have a nice breakfast.

toxik

hanging out with my cousins during new year! (a get-together)
and those festive goodies like pineapple tarts, almond&peanut cookies. woo!
i love fireworks and crackers too
party.gif

minerva

My family and I all pile up in our car on Christmas Eve and drive around the neighborhood, looking at Christmas lights and decorations.

aziajs

Hmmmm...decorating the house for Halloween. I love finding new ways and new themes to decorate each year.

Lisa J

My favourite tradition is opening one gift on Christmas Eve... which is always a new ornament that we can keep for our tree once we 'grow up'! I think next year I may actually get a tree of my own, and I have plenty of ornaments already to decorate it with
smiles.gif

kyoto

My favorite holiday tradition is getting together with my family on Christmas Eve and watching an old Christmas movie like Miracle on 34th Street, or White Christmas.

Status
Not open for further replies.