Identifying fake MAC Pigments ***Guide with photos***

panda0410

^^LOL, thats hilarious! I recently saw an article talking about the amount of fake cosmetics, MAC included on NZ trade me. In fact NZ Trademe was the focus of the article!

littlepickle

I'd avoid it. I recently successfully reported a 'MAC Pro 120 palette', lol. It had bids too! I've posted those pigments and eyeshadow listings before here too, can't tell for sure until one is purchased, but they just seem too good to be true.
Mac Pigment - Rocking Orange for sale - TradeMe.co.nz - New Zealand Here's another fake, bid before I thought it through properly. If the auction is withdrawn (has been reported) before you guys see this, the seller is glamourpuss88.
Hey, there weren't any Lip Gelees with the Fafi collection were there? I've seen some in a bulk lot but I don't think they ever existed.

hyazinth

Sometimes I wonder if there is any place (except mac stores,..) to get real mac without worrying of getting fakes...guess not....I just got some pics of a so called authentic blue pigment, but it is fake
thmbdn.gif

Attachment 11043

Attachment 11044

I doubt I will ever get some of the older pigments in a jar
cry.gif

panda0410

Yeah, unfortunately fake Blue has been flooding ebay for about 18months or so now... the horrible thing is that on first impression, (jar flaw aside), the pigment looks authentic. But the swatch reveals the lie.....

Nzsallyb

Quote:
Originally Posted by littlepickle
I'd avoid it. I recently successfully reported a 'MAC Pro 120 palette', lol. It had bids too! I've posted those pigments and eyeshadow listings before here too, can't tell for sure until one is purchased, but they just seem too good to be true.
Mac Pigment - Rocking Orange for sale - TradeMe.co.nz - New Zealand Here's another fake, bid before I thought it through properly. If the auction is withdrawn (has been reported) before you guys see this, the seller is glamourpuss88.
Hey, there weren't any Lip Gelees with the Fafi collection were there? I've seen some in a bulk lot but I don't think they ever existed.

yip, she has a whole bunch of fake, expensive pigments. i think the seller 2posh (she has the kitty couture stuff) is way to expensive too. i see you got revved up last night! i got silver fog from the same seller
lol.gif

hyazinth

Quote:
Originally Posted by panda0410
Yeah, unfortunately fake Blue has been flooding ebay for about 18months or so now... the horrible thing is that on first impression, (jar flaw aside), the pigment looks authentic. But the swatch reveals the lie.....

That's an awful long time. But it will surely go on like this since it is one of the rares. If I did not know about the jar flaw I would not have seen the difference. The fakes are so good
thmbdn.gif
Perhaps the person (a contact from a social network) that sent me the pics got it there. Who knows...I will tell her that it is fake and will see how she responds....

marusia

Ask for a back of jar and back of box side by side. It's one of the ones that had the misprint of Made in Canada on jar and Made in USA on box. I know from experience...it's one of the most rare...and most COUNTERFEITED items of MAC.

panda0410

There isnt enough detail to see if this glitter is a fake though I will mention it looks rather single toned to me, and it shouldn't be though it could just be the angle of the pic/flash... you'll need to ask for more info. I did do a comparison swatch of fake Vs real jewelmarine glitter here, do a search and you'll see it
winks.gif

littlepickle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nzsallyb
yip, she has a whole bunch of fake, expensive pigments. i think the seller 2posh (she has the kitty couture stuff) is way to expensive too. i see you got revved up last night! i got silver fog from the same seller
lol.gif

Miser1 (Gail) is an awesome seller, she's really lovely and all her stuff is authentic
smiles.gif
I've been lay-buying a few things with her, I already purchased Greenstroke PP, Cuddle SS, Rushmetal & White pigments. I'm still lay-buying Revved Up, Fuchsia, Shiseido Liquid Eyeliner, Teal & Reflects Gold
smiles.gif
yay!!!!

poshbunny

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nzsallyb
lol.gif

Argh please! You don't give up on me do you?!? I'm 2posh from the other site you talk about ... and constantly might I add. I know your TradeMe username, as you are always stalking my Auctions, hence why I blacklisted you ages ago. And if you don't stop harrassing me, then I will be laying a complaint and take this further, as this is absolute slander, bullying and harrassment - it's downright sick! Seriously move on, and stay focussed on the people selling counterfeit MAC, instead of slandering an honest seller just because my MAC Kitty Kouture prices are out of your reach. As the MAC Hello Kitty Kouture Collection never came to NZ, then you would have absolutely NO IDEA the cost involved for that particular collection which I purchased from Australia. You are already aware that prices in NZ and Australia are far more expensive than MAC prices in the US, so shouldn't that prove to you that I'm not even making a single cent on the MAC Kitty Kouture Dazzleglasses - I'm just taking into consideration the seller's fees that are involved. What about all the other sellers that sell MAC limited edition collections where they have marked up the price by a whopping huge percent ... however, you never slander them and mention their usernames. So why constantly go off about me? I chose to ignore you last year when you first started going off about this, but as you're still doing it, it's about time I have my say. And what irks me most is that my name suddenly pops up, yet has nothing to do with the context of this whole conversation, ie illegal fakes, which I am totally 100% against. You're a sad troll!

Flaminbird

I have a question. A friend of mine bought some pigments from someone specifically Lovely Lily and I swapped some of mine with her as well. She said when she got mine and compared it to this other gals LL they werent the same color. Hers were more blue then mine so she's wondering if they could be fake. I bought mine at the CCO this past fall so I know mine are real and I had a sample from a friend of LL and they were identical so it's odd the other person's LL would be a different color. She contacted her about it and she told her that MAC changes the color formulations from year to year. Does that sound right?

marusia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poupette
Thanks! I'll have to ask for more pictures then!
greengrin.gif

My sister's CCO has Jewelmarine right now if you want a REAL one for cheaper. LOL

Also, another thing I've learned, if a buyer is selling something like Jewelmarine, glitters or pro jars without a box, its most likely because the made in usa/canada wasn't matching up and they got called out on it.

marusia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flaminbird
I have a question. A friend of mine bought some pigments from someone specifically Lovely Lily and I swapped some of mine with her as well. She said when she got mine and compared it to this other gals LL they werent the same color. Hers were more blue then mine so she's wondering if they could be fake. I bought mine at the CCO this past fall so I know mine are real and I had a sample from a friend of LL and they were identical so it's odd the other person's LL would be a different color. She contacted her about it and she told her that MAC changes the color formulations from year to year. Does that sound right?

That rarely happens, especially with pigments. It sounds like the seller is feeding your friend a bunch of crap.

Flaminbird

Thanks! I had a feeling it wasn't true. It wouldnt make sense they'd change color formulations. Customers would be unhappy because it's not the same thing. And why Pigments and not e/s that they would change? I'll let her know! Thanks so much!!

angi

Colour formulations can change (e.g. Kitschmas, Dark Soul). There can also be slight variations in pigment colours. Use the colour variation as a starting point for investigations, but definitely don't base a whole decision that it is fake on that - look at all the other features too.