Let's have a "What the f**k??"-Ebay thread....

user2

Argh I hate people like that....

just look at the description!!!!!

http://cgi.ebay.com/NIB-MAC-WHO-S-TH...cmdZVi ewItem
:crap:
th_crazy.gif
th_crazy.gif
th_crazy.gif
th_crazy.gif
th_crazy.gif
th_crazy.gif
th_crazy.gif
th_crazy.gif
th_crazy.gif
th_crazy.gif

caffn8me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Star
6a_1_b.JPG

1098271665408_52_1.JPG

Aren't you all sick & tired of seeing dozens of this crap item in the MAC listings??? You know they're just including a MAC "sample" as an afterthought so eBay can't yank their listing for being in the wrong category or keyword spamming. This pisses me off immensely.

Yes, it pisses me off enormously too. When I'm looking for M·A·C on eBay I want to find M·A·C not some inferior generic product.

Interestingly enough, a lot of folks who are frequent flyers get free upgrade certificates which cannot be sold but they still put these on eBay. The trick is that they actually sell a "plain security envelope" and give the upgrade certificate free. An example can be found here - note that the vendor states;

Quote:
You are bidding on a plain white envelope.

Inside that envelope as a free gift will be 1 US Airways Transatlantic Space Available better Upgrade.

Just to expose the system I tried to sell a "Plain White Security Envelope suitable for holding upgrade certificates" but not actually including such a certificate. It got pulled by eBay! That exposes the lie that folks aren't actually selling the certificates.

caffn8me

Here's another one. Note the overlaying of M·A·C logos onto illegally scanned pictures from Kevyn Aucoin's Book "Making Faces" suggesting it is part of a M·A·C training manual.

Other wild claims include "The step by steps easy procedure will turn you into a make-up professional" and "This CD will make you a Professinal Make Up ARTIST!!!!."

As if!

I looked into a UK vendor of this same CD and they'd sold more than fifty of these illegally produced CDs often for quite large amounts of money. They've just got themselves a new ID and they can be seen here

I just love their little disclaimer at the bottom;

Quote:
NOTE TO ALL AUCTION VIEWERS AND EBAY: The source of this informations is self-produced. This CD has been produced to conform to all eBay rules and the law concerning copyright. It is either freeware, public domain or made and owned by myself.

That's nice to know
icon_eek.gif

iluvtinkerbell23

bluegrassbabe

Holy Crap! ebay craziness

This is absolutely insane. This is my absolute fave color ever, but not for this price. It's only one day into the item and already over a hundred bucks.
I have wanted a backup of this for eternity. I guess I will have to keep on wanting because I will never pay this much for it...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...MEWA%3AIT&rd=1

For those who can't use the link, it is Pretty Twisted E/S

ms.criss

wow, that is pretty , but i could never pay that for my fav eyeshadow, the hubby would be pretty angry

user4

oh shit!!! who the hell is paying 100 bucks for that??? and damn... it got 5 more days to go!!! i need to see the winning bid on this!!!

mspixieears

Guess I've no right to argue, I'd probably pay that much for a rare book or CD (I still buy them!) but even then it'd have to be rare. Alas, for an e/s...no. Don't think I've ever wanted one that badly! Perhaps a palette at a stretch...

lah_knee

the seller posts on here
smiles.gif
im sure shes wayy happy hahaha

but no i wouldnt spend that much one an eyeshadow. it looks so much like melody to me... just a little more vibrant but eh...

Monique0a

The person who is winning that auction never loses and is willing to pay whatever it takes to win something (this was a good thing when I was a seller, not a good thing as a buyer *grin*). For me, as soon as I see her name on an auction, I don't bother to try to win it, it will ALWAYS go for a ridiculous amount. I almost think people purposely bid to see if she has any limits, haven't seen them yet
smiles.gif

niecypiecy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monique0a
The person who is winning that auction never loses and is willing to pay whatever it takes to win something (this was a good thing when I was a seller, not a good thing as a buyer *grin*). For me, as soon as I see her name on an auction, I don't bother to try to win it, it will ALWAYS go for a ridiculous amount. I almost think people purposely bid to see if she has any limits, haven't seen them yet
smiles.gif

OMG! I just looked at her feedback to see how much she has spent - she must be rich! She has paid thousands on postcards alone in the past couple of months!