Let's Report the Fakes

BellaItalia1969

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casadalinnis
Some of the buyers ARE dumb enough to say even though it's fake that it's a great item and leave a positive knowing it's a fake. It's stupid and idiotic because the same lipstick people get ripped off paying $15 for, they could have gotten the authentic instead of praising a fake. My response if I get a fake anything and this can be quoted....

Fake items...may cause cancer or worse. Beware of seller.

I have a few items coming in from a seller here on states side and everyone will know who left that feedback if they see it. Copyrighted.
choochoo.gif

Red,that baffles me too!
So basically some of the buyers are so ignorant although they know it's a fake ,they will still use it as long as it looks good on their makeup shelf and in their handbag
ssad.gif
oh man !I don't understand that sort of mentality ,i hope Im not offending anyone but you must be so shallow if you feel that you MUST own brand names even if it's counterfeit!!!!!!!! Rant over
yes.gif
mac_addict.gif

fashionjunkiexx

i completely get you. id be embarrased to be seen with fake in my makeup bag never mind actually using it on my face. I've been looking on ebay recently and iv not actually seen a genuine product

RedRibbon

Quote:
Originally Posted by fashionjunkiexx
i completely get you. id be embarrased to be seen with fake in my makeup bag never mind actually using it on my face. I've been looking on ebay recently and iv not actually seen a genuine product

Exactly but some people are more into the fact that they look rich with the stuff. I have seen many a girl with fake handbags looking down their noses at me when my handbags are all authentic. One had a fake LV murakami bag with yellow LV's on and came over to me to tell me that my bag was fake
nonono.gif

I saw one genuine palette but I still won't risk it because you never know, I'd rather pay the bit extra for piece of mind or scour Specktra for trusty sellers
smiles.gif

Aranetti

Hi! We would like to ask for your assistance in detecting and stopping this seller form further passing off fake MACs as the real thing.

We were recently victimized by eBay seller innerbeautyrevealed, who claimed that her MAC items came from Macy's. When the parcel arrived, it was chock-full of fake stuff.

We contacted MAC, and they did verify that the items are fake. They also informed us that the the seller, Julie McClellan Bowles / Inner Beauty Revealed is not an authorized reseller. It turns out that MAC and Macy's do not sell floor displays, and they certainly don't look anything like what the seller sent. We asked for a verificaiton letter. However, neither MAC nor Macy's would entertain further inquiries since the items were not bought from them.

May we ask for your assistance? Could you please tell us what you think of these photos?

Package from Inner Beauty Revealed - a set on Flickr
fake MAC pigment - a set on Flickr
MAC pigments - a set on Flickr
fake MAC loose powder - a set on Flickr
Juicy Couture Crittoure - a set on Flickr
Lancome Powder - a set on Flickr

on eBay, she sells these fakes for $19-20 each! Item numbers include:
item: 110422542962
item: 110431238172
item: 120457235741
item: 110431236081
item: 110422542899
item: 110431235992
item: 110422543088
item: 110422543015
item: 120465973221
item: 110431236022

If you enlarge the pics on her store page, you will see that the logos are not consistent or uniform. There are many other discrepancies. But eBay requires that we submit an evaluation, other than by us, to stop this seller.

Your assistance will go a long way in helping us find justice, and helping many other people as well. Your comments can determine whether this seller will continue to victimize buyers further.

Stopping sellers like innerbeautyrevealed can also lead buyers to the right sellers.

So please, do post your findings, or email us at [email protected]

Thank you

Eleentje

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedRibbon
Do MAC make mini lippies? These don't have the MAC writing on the metally bit
5 x MAC Mini Lipsticks Boxset on eBay (end time 04-Sep-09 10:27:42 BST)

I've actually bought these out of curiosity. Did google mac mini lipsticks, but couldn't find anything, so decided to take the risk for that price. I thought i did see writing mac on the lids, but will be able to report back, when I get them sometime this or next week.

About misspellings. How about this lovely example

mac powder select sheer/prseede 12g brand new in box on eBay (end time 07-Sep-09 19:59:39 BST)

It was meant to be "pressed powder" I'm guessing. And still 10 bids on this shit!

Eleentje

I'll let you guys know my findings, as soon as they arrive! Could be my very first fakes experience.

RedRibbon

I wasn't sure if they were fake or not because I googled the names and they were actual names of MAC lippies, the only thing that gave it away for me was the cheap boxing that all the lipsticks were in, I've never seen any MAC sold in something like that before .

And
lol.gif
@prseede, it's not even CLOSE to being pressed, I'd understand if it said pressde or pressd.

chickatthegym

Quote:
Originally Posted by BellaItalia1969
I forgot to add that ebay makes far too easy for the sellers of fake Mac,to open another account
thmbdn.gif
If they exceed the limit on selling designer brand they just simply create another account e voila!!!
I had this seller in my favs on ebay,purely for the reason that all his Mac was attrociously fake!Seller:arthur100067 and one of his previous auctions for fake Mac:BRAND NEW MACs MASCARA **VOLUME**LENGTH**CURL** on eBay (end time 23-Aug-09 19:00:00 BST)
!BYwpdcQ!mk~$(KGrHgoH-C0EjlLlzVpnBKjSZbNKc!~~_35.JPG

Now a new seller has popped up who has exactly same counterfeit Mac for sale,same piccys,same location..junka500
M, A, Cs MASCARA VOLUME + LENGTH + CURL on eBay (end time 05-Sep-09 14:46:47 BST)&
!BZuoPvgB2k~$(KGrHgoH-D!EjlLl0oH(BKoDjsEJPQ~~_35.JPG
!BZukR+!CGk~$(KGrHgoOKigEjlLm,etkBKoDVI6s!w~~_35.JPG

Oh according to the auctions all these are authentic 100%genuine Mac
greengrin.gif
thmbdn.gif

item nu:280393339679
item nu:280393339015
item nu:280393307798
item nu:280393102931
item nu:228039333983
item nu:180393102397
item nu:280393338644
item nu:280393102276
item nu:280393317130
item nu:280393117480
item nu:280393321520
item nu:280393338851
item nu:280391745152
item nu:280391760747
item nu:280393099970
item nu:280393105791
item nu:280393116604
item nu:280393119182
item nu:280393321649
item nu:280393321950
item nu:280393332533
I rest my case !

I would HATE to even think of what's in that mascara
nope.gif
And that pigment is awful! I get so tired of reporting those stupid "cream" shadows with the sponge applicator and the mirror. Oh and the brush sets are bad too! It really sucks because some of the single brushes are hard to tell... oh but the "MACS" gives it away. What is up with that? They think since they are listing it as "MACs" that it's okay?!? I emailed a seller and told her that her palette was non-existant by MAC and that it was fake and she said, "I know, that's why I listed it as MACs." Of course she did NOT get shut down and is still listing a ton of stuff and selling it like crazy
angry.gif

chickatthegym

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eleentje
I've actually bought these out of curiosity. Did google mac mini lipsticks, but couldn't find anything, so decided to take the risk for that price. I thought i did see writing mac on the lids, but will be able to report back, when I get them sometime this or next week.

About misspellings. How about this lovely example

mac powder select sheer/prseede 12g brand new in box on eBay (end time 07-Sep-09 19:59:39 BST)

It was meant to be "pressed powder" I'm guessing. And still 10 bids on this shit!

I have never seen anything like that. I was thinking maybe MAC did a special set or something back in the day before I started collecting (pre-2005). Or maybe it was released just in the UK?
th_dunno.gif
It looks suspicous though, and the packaging looks fake. Let us know how they turn out!

BellaItalia1969

My abs hated fake product at the moment is from Mac HK collection :blingy looking mascara seller:treasure.treasure HELLO KITTY DAZZLELASH BLACK MASCARA - BNIB on eBay (end time 10-Sep-09 13:37:05 BST)
The above seller has fake HKitty blushers too complete with mirror and brush
thmbdn.gif

I dont know who have had this insane idea to put this Xmas looking glitter on it!!
2nd most vile are these fake HKitty eyeshadows palettes :seller:
amymcc2008

%21B,D4Gp%21%21Wk%7E$%28KGrHgoH-CIEjlLl4NtwBKpsko3Dh%21%7E%7E_12.JPG
Lancome does eyeshadows palettes of this type.....
All reported !
yes.gif

RedRibbon

Quote:
Originally Posted by fashionjunkiexx
hah in the bottom left mirror of the pallette picture theres a foot.. very professional i must say!

lol.gif
I was just about to point that out!

elle25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casadalinnis
I'd report it but the seller's in Utah and will get away with it even if it is reported....no idea why buy US Ebay isn't firm about taking down fraudulent listings and haven't been for a while now.

I actually asked ebay why they don't do more about the fake makeup and they basically said they have no control over it.

I'm pretty much stopping buying mac/makeup off ebay but I occasionally buy stuff not from recently released collections. I've reported quite a few fakes but its so time consuming that theres way too much to keep with only a tiny percentage of it.

I feel bad for the people that just have no idea that what they're buying is fakes. I bought a lot of fake pigments about a year ago because it just never occurred to me that there would be fake ones. But on the listings where it states that its fake or replica mac, I think the people who buy that deserve it. I won't purposefully buy fake mac but I'm now using the fakes I own to try to learn how to tell authentics from fakes.