Let's Report the Fakes

BellaItalia1969

I agree,ebay has lost it!With all the new changes it seems to penalize genuine sellers!This one way feedback is so totally crap!
One of the fake Mac 12 eyeshadow CREAM palettes sold for more than a genuine MAC eyeshadow palette !!
ssad.gif

This particular UK seller:perfectpricebeauty
is really raking in sales of these ...she/he has been reported even directly to ebay Safety dept.and hey ho this week they listed even more !

MAC 12 colour eyeshadow pallette 04 on eBay (end time 11-Oct-09 07:29:00 BST)
Over 100 pieces of these fakes they sold !
thmbdn.gif
thmbdn.gif
Who said that crime doesn't pay
ssad.gif
I rest my case because apart from the few sellers who have been mentioned on her i would not buy Mac,B.Brown and BeneFit make up on ebay!!
PS.Linn,where do you usually buy your Mac from?I really envy you US gurls...you have more Mac outlets in US ,then we have ere <sigh>
%21B%28WVv3gBmk%7E$%28KGrHgoH-DUEjlLlw8DFBKb0pWvGg%21%7E%7E_12.JPG

BellaItalia1969

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle25
I actually asked ebay why they don't do more about the fake makeup and they basically said they have no control over it.

I'm pretty much stopping buying mac/makeup off ebay but I occasionally buy stuff not from recently released collections. I've reported quite a few fakes but its so time consuming that theres way too much to keep with only a tiny percentage of it.

I feel bad for the people that just have no idea that what they're buying is fakes. I bought a lot of fake pigments about a year ago because it just never occurred to me that there would be fake ones. But on the listings where it states that its fake or replica mac, I think the people who buy that deserve it. I won't purposefully buy fake mac but I'm now using the fakes I own to try to learn how to tell authentics from fakes.

Elle, ebay is just a venue...they profit from sales of all these counterfeit stuff!Recently L'oreal has began suit against ebay for allowing sales of counterfeit cosmetics
L'Oréal begins lawsuit against eBay over sale of fake cosmetics - Times Online
not too mention luxury group LVMH ,has fined ebay last year £ 31.million for allowing sales of fake Hermes bags ,LV and such ...
Some of these fake bags,makeup is simply crap but at least the fake bag won't make you come up in rash or worse...with makeup /cosmetics you just don't know what nasty stuff is in it
angry.gif

Eleentje

Quote:
Originally Posted by chickatthegym
I have never seen anything like that. I was thinking maybe MAC did a special set or something back in the day before I started collecting (pre-2005). Or maybe it was released just in the UK?
th_dunno.gif
It looks suspicous though, and the packaging looks fake. Let us know how they turn out!

I received the set yesterday, and I am pretty sure it's authentic Mac. The packaging was actually not that bad for a set of tiny lipsticks: it has plastic casing with a kind of slip-in transparent lid, with MAC logo engraved on it. On the back the description of the contents included the name of the lipsticks with reference to the type of finish, and also the ingredients sticker was printed on both sides (I don't think counterfeiters would go to such great lengths for something of relatively low value). Also, it has a dot-style printed batch number A42 on the box sticker, and each lipstick has its own stamp-on batch number, all of which end with 2.
So your guess was correct, this is an old set from 2002! I've finally been able to find reference to it via google:

MAC Cosmetics Holiday Kits Collection for Holiday 2002

I'm well chuffed that it's the real thing
th_DANCE.gif

BellaItalia1969

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casadalinnis
I've harassed their Trust & Safety as well and they gave me the until Estee Lauder fills out the Vero there's nothing they can do deal. I'm all for authentic sellers because not everyone can live 20 minutes away from 3 different stores but Ebay should be enforcing the fakes that are getting put up there. I have spent hours reporting for free and it now feels like a slap in the face that I don't need and at least the UK checks out more reports than what the US does. I was never paid for it nor gained anything from it but it eventually grates on your nerves. I'm now spot checking certain power sellers I find questionable feedback from so people are aware if they're safe or not. I stop at $18 and if it's fake, Paypal gets opened and I add the situation to a thread here with pics and info.

I've read too many threads where good sellers turn bad and it just irked me somewhere I guess. I have the one guaranteed fake so far and have been lucky enough to buy from a safe piggy source on here and said screw Ebay unless it's something I know hasn't been copied yet or is last resort....even a lipstick I compare stickers to authentic as well as boxes and look for vanilla over that harsh smell the fakes have. Ebay can't say anything of me since I gain nothing since I'm not a seller and I'll keep proof the minute someone says slander and it gives at least the members here a heads up of whether they're safe or not. It really irks me when I go to test a seller and they're real and then discover they quit selling because fake sellers got all of their business and I learn it through them just giving up listing.

Bella, I was happy for a moment there but Ebay has won two cases in two seperate countries so far. EBay wins court fight against L'Oreal in UK - USATODAY.com
You asked where I buy mine from and it's majority counter at the MAC store in Towson, 2nd is CCO in Arundel Mills and 3rd is Specktra sellers for items I overlooked and kicked my own ass for later. Ebay is just random purchases to test sellers authenticity and I only allow one a week.

Linn,thanks for that info
yes.gif
Im not surprised that L'oreal ,wants to sue (and lost) because the fake Lancome mascara that my mate bought was just too awful for words!
I do understand that some people live too far away from Mac stores etc so maybe that's why they buy on ebay....personally im really choosy...i wanted so bad this really gorgeous B.Brown lipgloss ,but couldnt be bothered to make trip to London Oxford st,so decided to look on ebay...well there were some genuine B.B but the fake B.B lipgloss just looked so nafff i will deffo be going to Selfridges on friday!i feel sorry for my mastercard...i think it says to me ...stop,stop im worn out
tong.gif

1165Cheryl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casadalinnis
People are believing this in their listing :

"Professional Grade Pigment Eyeshadow

Full size pigment 7.5g

Color A65 Dark Gray

ALL items are brand new and in a box.
"

Cute batch number and BNIB can sell a lot of fake crap. It sounds bad but when you Google MAC Dark Gray pigment and it shows up on other places like Ioffer, shopping.com and all; it gives the fake credibility to new to pigment people. I'd report it but the seller's in Utah and will get away with it even if it is reported....no idea why buy US Ebay isn't firm about taking down fraudulent listings and haven't been for a while now. It sounds terrible but I hit up the previous collections thread and look for a few sellers' Ebay stores to compare the bottom of my pigments to so I'm not a nuisance any more. I'll look up Makeup Emporium, julie150463 and my boo kitty to see if my batch number and detailings match their current listings and compare down their pics to the bottles in my hand. A little more work but I'm 98% sure all of my pigment bottles are safe based off others pics or a little more work peering into peoples' train case pics to see more details....gives people like you and panda a break from scrutenizing bottles and people like me taking up your time. I would never waste the time to compare piggies from m******x or m******i but legitimate sellers who let the pics sell the real products luckily help pigment noobs like myself.
yes.gif
You have pictures of yours stacked on top of each other or I'd use yours too.
tong.gif

I also have many single pictures of my pigments so if you ever need to see one feel free to ask
smiles.gif
Before I stocked so many colors I took pictures of every color and advertised/sold them in single listings, eventually it got easier to sell in lots.

I'd say around 50% of the one's I report to Ebay i do see eventually removed. If a group of people report the same seller/fake item it makes a differance but your right, the U.S. doesnt seem as strict
ssad.gif

BellaItalia1969

Quote:
Originally Posted by chickatthegym
^Wow, 50% is pretty good. Better than nothing. I feel like all the ones I report never get shut down.

Chicka, i feel the same ,i sometime spent like 30 min going trough and reporting various fake Mac ,and nothing happens
th_confused_new.gif
it's very demotivating ...
Some of the fakes are so obvious that i do wonder sometimes who works in the ebay counterfeit dept!!
angry.gif

BellaItalia1969

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1165Cheryl
I also have many single pictures of my pigments so if you ever need to see one feel free to ask
smiles.gif
Before I stocked so many colors I took pictures of every color and advertised/sold them in single listings, eventually it got easier to sell in lots.

I'd say around 50% of the one's I report to Ebay i do see eventually removed. If a group of people report the same seller/fake item it makes a differance but your right, the U.S. doesnt seem as strict
ssad.gif

Cheryl,what is even worse that people use photos of genuine Mac while selling fake..i think ages ago i saw UK auction,which was using piccys from your website and i did report it and im sure i emailed you too ...
That's another of my pet hates when peeps steal piccys from others to sell their fakey crap!
angry.gif

1165Cheryl

Quote:
Originally Posted by BellaItalia1969
Cheryl,what is even worse that people use photos of genuine Mac while selling fake..i think ages ago i saw UK auction,which was using piccys from your website and i did report it and im sure i emailed you too ...
That's another of my pet hates when peeps steal piccys from others to sell their fakey crap!
angry.gif

I remember that and they took it down
thmbup.gif
another UK seller was caught doing it again last month. Thankfully someone emailed me and let me know and helped get her info so I could contact her. Since the site wasnt in english I couldnt read her contact info so this gal was so nice to translate for me. The person using my pics took them down once she got my email and apologized.

Your so right about sellers using others pictures. What I was writing about though was telling a gal to feel free to email me for single pics when needing one to compare fakes to. Her and I have talked in the past and she didnt realize I had single pics along with my group ones. Like you I hate seeing others steal pics or using MACS. This site I recently saw which I think sells pigment sample's uses her sample jar pics (many colors look off to me) and MACS swatch's. The way it's arranged makes it look like both are "her pictures" & thats not right. Theres also a huge differance between the 2 when it comes to the colors.

It's cool to send someone to MACS site or here when they ask for a good swatch link or something like that but the seller should always have a actual picture of the item/items for sale. Like you said, how do we know if it theres or not?? When did the world turn into a place were people are doing the things they are
ssad.gif

BellaItalia1969

Cheryl,i used to always said to all my friends who were thinking of buying any makeup on ebay to check the seller feedback!Sadly this is no longer correct as those selling fake MAC can still unbelieveably so have 100% feedback!
Or another myth is that Powersellers,do not sell fakes because they are Powersellers...please,please i do not mean no offence to all of you genuine,hardworking Powersellers who sell authentic makeup ,Mac etc!
Example is this UK seller:sherryb2647
selling the famous faked square Fluidline complete with brush
thmbdn.gif
thmbdn.gif

Page Not Responding
i forgot to add that both i and Linn,have advised this seller that her MacS Fluidline and Mascara&eyeliner 2/1 are fakes!

She replied to me with this:"[FONT=arial,sans-serif]Thank you so much for informing me, l will contact my wholesaler and fins out what is happening with these. Again thank you sherry

[FONT=arial,sans-serif]- sherryb2647
I will contact my wholesaler???Tradekey,alibaba,ioffer or Taochang?!
nonono.gif

[/FONT]

[/FONT]

1165Cheryl

Quote:
BellaItalia1969;1777178]Cheryl,i used to always said to all my friends who were thinking of buying any makeup on ebay to check the seller feedback!Sadly this is no longer correct as those selling fake MAC can still unbelieveably so have 100% feedback!
Or another myth is that Powersellers,do not sell fakes because they are Powersellers

LOL, LOL Thanks so much for saying that. I've always thought the same about the title "powerseller", so what that doesnt mean they cant sell fakes. I'm not pointing fingers at anyone, just making this statement in general. I also agree with you about the 100% feedback. Feedback does help and it's good to read and see how people are wording their comments. To me if you see a lot of "thanks", "good transaction" "great shipping" or short comments like that then I wonder. If the feedback is a detailed great comment and there are many then I do and advice others to take that into consideration. Good detailed feedback is a helpful tool for sellers. Like bella said, they could have 100% but it's the type of comments being left that means the most. Since many people agree to leave a "positive" if the buyer will take a fake back then we won't see the negatives.

Along with feedback is why I also suggest to people to ask to see receipts....anyone can say they buy direct.

MacNlaw

I have a question for everone...would you recommend and support a MAC seller that you have bought from who purchases their stock from "suppliers"? Someone you have had good transactions with, very nice, you know pretty well but also know they have gotten a fake here and there in a "batch" not knowing it.

I personaly wouldnt, I wouldnt buy from anyone who buys from a so called "supplier" period and then one who got a batch of fakes and didnt know it, no way. This came up in another forum/website because one o the sellers fakes were caught. Others at first said & thought what I did about suppliers but then 2 well known members in the group backed the seller. I don't think the seller is a member there. They did say the person bought from a so called "supplier" but they trusted them still. No one wrote/replied much after that and it seems like because of their reputation in the group either people backed off while others decided to trust this seller due to these 2 gals experience/word.

I'd love to hear what you all think, what does this say about fake sellers, "suppliers" and/or are popular members in forums being put to high on a pedistal?

elegant-one

Quote:
Originally Posted by BellaItalia1969
My abs hated fake product at the moment is from Mac HK collection :blingy looking mascara seller:treasure.treasure HELLO KITTY DAZZLELASH BLACK MASCARA - BNIB on eBay (end time 10-Sep-09 13:37:05 BST)
The above seller has fake HKitty blushers too complete with mirror and brush
thmbdn.gif

I dont know who have had this insane idea to put this Xmas looking glitter on it!!
2nd most vile are these fake HKitty eyeshadows palettes :seller:
amymcc2008

%21B,D4Gp%21%21Wk%7E$%28KGrHgoH-CIEjlLl4NtwBKpsko3Dh%21%7E%7E_12.JPG
Lancome does eyeshadows palettes of this type.....
All reported !
yes.gif

th_roll1.gif
This picture is just cracking me up - & that foot in the mirror
lol.gif

Aw, but look, the makeup is arranged in the shape of 2 little kitty paws
nope.gif

BellaItalia1969

Quote:
Originally Posted by elegant-one
th_roll1.gif
This picture is just cracking me up - & that foot in the mirror
lol.gif

Aw, but look, the makeup is arranged in the shape of 2 little kitty paws
nope.gif

lolol i see that too the eyeshadows are looking like kittys paw
yes.gif

The foot on the piccy looks gross i think feet are ugly apart from of course babies feet!Babies feet i could literally eat without sugar mmm pity my youngest one feet are already too big for oven
cutey.gif

1165Cheryl

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacNlaw
I have a question for everone...would you recommend and support a MAC seller that you have bought from who purchases their stock from "suppliers"? Someone you have had good transactions with, very nice, you know pretty well but also know they have gotten a fake here and there in a "batch" not knowing it.

I personaly wouldnt, I wouldnt buy from anyone who buys from a so called "supplier" period and then one who got a batch of fakes and didnt know it, no way. This came up in another forum/website because one o the sellers fakes were caught. Others at first said & thought what I did about suppliers but then 2 well known members in the group backed the seller. I don't think the seller is a member there. They did say the person bought from a so called "supplier" but they trusted them still. No one wrote/replied much after that and it seems like because of their reputation in the group either people backed off while others decided to trust this seller due to these 2 gals experience/word.

I'd love to hear what you all think, what does this say about fake sellers, "suppliers" and/or are popular members in forums being put to high on a pedistal?

I read this yesterday and have been thinking about it and it's a real good question/statement. Theres many different aspects to it...

I for one wouldnt by from anyone who buys from a "supplier".

I do think there are people in groups that are very knowlegable about MAC products and it's good people ask them for advice. As long as those people keep up on Macs changes or mfg errors then it's great. If they don't then it can be a bad thing since they can be trying to help but be giving out wrong advice since they not aware of any updates or changes.

The third thing about trusting a seller that buy's from a "supplier" who's been highly recommened, well theres the catch. For me I still wouldnt but at the same time I wouldnt doubt the good things I've heard or say anything negative about that seller.

Good for you for bringing up such a interesting topic
thmbup.gif