MAC - Colour Craft Discussion

Sophia84

Thanks soooo much Erine for all the hard work!!

Natural Flare is very pretty, i hoped the 2 medium gold shades weren't that similar but it's still a lemming for me!!!

But why ohhhhhh WHY Improvise is sooooo sheer????

wizzer3245

I was actually looking forward to this collection but at the moment i've got higher priorities that i need to take care of, so my list may end up with nothing on it
ssad.gif

snowflakelashes

I soooo reserve to go hog wild on this if I love it in person the swatches are super pretty.
winks.gif
Being in person has that insta-gratification thing too. But if I am 'good' I will get help picking out the best 2 msf's for my skin tone, and the brush. Those are on a 'must get' list. Everything else will have to wow me. I also need to get foundation/powder matched, a foundation brush/applicator. Concealer etc so I'll be spending a mini fortune lol
smiles.gif

FemmeFatale

Quote:
Originally Posted by erine1881
yes please!

i'm soooo getting natural flare! it reminds me of fall, the most bestest season of all the seasons! too bad we only have fall for two weeks here.
cry.gif

Where the frick do you live that you only have 2 weeks of fall?? Fall is the BEST SEASON ever!

LMD84

here is my final list -

smoothe merge msf
cheeky bronze msf
eclectic edge gloss
131 brush
226 brush

not too over the top
smiles.gif

FemmeFatale

Quote:
IMG_0375-1.jpg

IMG_0372-1.jpg
IMG_0373-1.jpg

IMG_0377-1.jpg

Erine, Please serioulsy move to NYC so we can be bffaeae! Hahahaha
Anyway, i was set against not getting these because the quality looked chunky but your swatches changed my mind.

Smooth merge and Sunny by Nature Please!

Sophia84

Quote:
Originally Posted by FemmeFatale
Where the frick do you live that you only have 2 weeks of fall?? Fall is the BEST SEASON ever!

We have the same problem here too. Fall is slowly dissapears, we go from hot to cold , the temp is really high for fall here. We don't have the traditional fall anymore, maybe only for a few weeks!!!!

Kayraphat

Quote:
IMG_0375-1.jpg

IMG_0372-1.jpg
IMG_0373-1.jpg

IMG_0377-1.jpg

Quote:
IMG_0395-1.jpg

IMG_0395-2.jpg

IMG_0395-3.jpg

Quote:
IMG_0384-1-1-1.jpg

the full hand shot is swatched in the order the colours lay in each pot. some of the following pics are of my hand at different angles.

IMG_0387-1.jpg
IMG_0389-1.jpg

IMG_0390-1.jpg
IMG_0387-2.jpg

IMG_0389-2.jpg
IMG_0393-1.jpg

I honestly didn't liked that MSFs. Way too far from my taste. Pass.
But ooh Style Demon
th_worship.gif

And Odd Bits & Assemblage
th_worship.gif

Thx for pics erine!

LMD84

i love the look of eccentricity mes but not keen on the design of them. i know i'd end up using one colour more than the others and it'll all go uneven! plus the fact i am already spending a reasonable amount on this collection so can't justify it
ssad.gif

Civies

Thanks SOOOOOOOOOOO much Erine (Or actually no thanks my wallet hates you).

I'm lemming warm blend, cheeky bronze, and smoothe merge msf. I'm not sure about the MBs anymore.

Does anyone have any msf/mb recommendations for a NC35 ? I wanted improvise but I don't really need a highlighter !
ssad.gif

Also how would smooth merge look on a NC35 ?

Rinstar

OK well thanks to Erine's efforts, I am now excited about this again!
I am getting Smooth Merge, Cheeky Bronze, Warm Blend, Style Demon blush (wans't getting that before), Eccentricity MES and maybe Assemblage MES as well!

coachkitten

I am going to TRY and limit my list to:
All of the MSFs (minus Porcelain Pink)
131 brush
226 brush
Trimming Talk lipstick

I should really pass some of the MSFs but I know that would regret it later. I am just hoping and praying that some of the MES show up at a CCO someday as there are a few of those that I would like.

gigglegirl

katie i think there will be quite a few of the mes, unless mac produces few.

some colours are pretty but I'll be passing.

smooth merge msf, improvise and maybe daft pink.

not bad...right? this fall is going to slay me

GlamQueen21

Quote:
Originally Posted by LMD84
i love the look of eccentricity mes but not keen on the design of them. i know i'd end up using one colour more than the others and it'll all go uneven! plus the fact i am already spending a reasonable amount on this collection so can't justify it
ssad.gif

Me too. I feel the same way as you. I too am passing on the MES. I can't wait to see the lipstick and the lipglass swatches!

BeautyPsycho

I'm sorry if this has already been answered but how much is 131 going to be? I think that's the only thing I'll get from this coll.

coachkitten

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeautyPsycho
I'm sorry if this has already been answered but how much is 131 going to be? I think that's the only thing I'll get from this coll.

I believe that I read it is $34 USD. I might be mistaken though as everything is starting to run together!
lol.gif

erine1881

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlamQueen21
The MSF swatches are now making me want to have 4 MSFs now (Cheeky Bronze, Porcelain Pink, Triple Fusion and Smooth Merge) even though I told myself that I'm getting only 2. Also, the blush swatches are gorgeous!!!! I now can decide which ones that I can get. I want Cheek & Cheerful and Fab-dabulous. Also, Style Demon kind of reminds me of Merrily mineralize blush.

i think merrily has more red to it. i'll check tmrw.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xoshopaholicxo
Thanks Erine for the great swatches!! Can you tell me if Sunny by Nature will turn orange? Does it have orange undertones? Thanks so much lady:] Seems i'm the only one interested in SbN.

its a bit orangy on me. it'll prolly be better for more of the nc40-ish range.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sophia84
Thanks soooo much Erine for all the hard work!!

Natural Flare is very pretty, i hoped the 2 medium gold shades weren't that similar but it's still a lemming for me!!!

But why ohhhhhh WHY Improvise is sooooo sheer????

its not sheer, its just on the lighter side of the colour spectrum.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FemmeFatale

indiana.
ssad.gif
its hot all the way to the end of september, then a few weeks of fall, and then its not unusual for the first snow to hit around halloween.
cry.gif
if i could have fall all year round i wouldn't complain of anything ever again!

Quote:
Erine, Please serioulsy move to NYC so we can be bffaeae! Hahahaha

i would LOVE to live in NYC!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RayannaBanana
Is Hand-Finish similar to Porcelain Pink?

nope.gif
PP has a gold duochrome to it that HF doesn't. and PP is more glowy, where HF is more shimmery.