MAC - Colour Craft Discussion

kiss

What I would like to know is how does Style Demon compare to Intenso???

I loove Intenso, and want to know if style demon is different enough to be coming home with me.

Face2Mac

Quote:
Originally Posted by spectrolite
^^Would Daft Pink look any good on darker skin tones or is it too pale/frosty? I wont have an opportunity to try it in store before I buy it. TIA
greengrin.gif

Highlighter only unless you are fair maybe NC40 and under and the blue undertones will kill you in that shimmery form.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ernie
Left to right: Improvise, Triple Fusion

DSC01862.jpg

Triple Fusion looks so good on your hand, I want it, knowing it is bad for me, I would have to layer a blush under that to make it show but wait, I do that anyway, Why am I not getting this
th_dunno.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by elegant-one
That middle pink strip in Smooth Merge is Gorgeous! It should've been in a big ol pot by itself

Because MAC knows people are scared of highly pigmented blush, not you and I but and a lot of us but you know. How many times have we heard that a blush is too pigmented on here. I wonder if Style Demon will even sell.

xpucu

I'm really confused what to get from this collection
ssad.gif
.For sure i know i want Smooth Merge .
Triple Fusion - Maybe
Fad-Dabulous - Maybe
Hand Finish - Maybe
Improvise - Maybe
Since we dont have MAC at our country i have to see more swatches to made my mine lol .

Marjolaine

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiss
Also, can someone do a swatch of made with love beside costa chick??

I can't show you a swatch but I can tell you that they are different, I just compared those two yesterday because I was planning to buy Costa Chick
smiles.gif
It is a great color but very bright, orangy coral, while Made With Love is a coral but with more pink tones.

kiss

Quote:
SM didn't seem to have that shiny, rainbow "fish scale" look that a lot of the MSFs have. I just don't care for that on my skin.

I love shiny fish scale msf's! Too bad I am not interested in any of the color though.

Ernie

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiss
Also, can someone do a swatch of made with love beside costa chick??

Left to right, Made with Love, Costa Chic
DSC01869.jpg

elegant-one

Quote:
Originally Posted by Civies
For some odd reason I am now lemming Odd Bits MES ..

Anyone else or is it just me ?!

I didn't like it in the pics, but I really liked it in person

Winthrop44

Quote:
SM didn't seem to have that shiny, rainbow "fish scale" look that a lot of the MSFs have.

Oh that's great to hear! I can't stand that!

stv578

Quote:
Originally Posted by gigglegirl
hiya nora, what are the 4 items? (or did you post it already and i missed?)

what are you wanting to get from bb? ive not been in forever, its crazy pricey for me but i want some gel liners! (i really want a deep shimmery blue gel one--couldn't find one @ sephora!)

ive stayed away from mac (didnt want to be tempted by GG preorders!) but am so going on thurs @ lunch!!

Quote:
I was wondering the same thing!

My list so far is... Cheeky Bronze, Daft Pink, Funky Fusion l/g and Girlish Romp MES. I'm tempted by a couple other lip colours, but I really need to pass.

As for BB, I was going to have a look at the cream eye shadow and creamy lip colour. The prices are far too expensive, so I really don't hit the non-MAC lines often.

kiss

Quote:
Left to right, Made with Love, Costa Chic
DSC01869.jpg

Oooh Thanks so much Ernie! They are so different! Now I need both.

Ernie

Quote:
Originally Posted by only1angel
Thanks Ernie, yea redheads lighter. I'm actually liking redhead more based on the swatch, so MAYBE I can skip Triple Fusion. That would make my wallet so happy!!!

GORGEOUS!!!!!!!!! Those were all on my list already so I'm just gonna "borrow" this look
th_LMAO.gif
. Now I just wish I had your eyes
yes.gif

I actually like improvise more!!!!!!!!!!

Me too!!!!!!!!!!! I have been on the search for nuance b/c I missed out on it, too. But now that I'm seeing this swatch, I want improvise so much more!

This confirms it. Triple Fusion is officially off my list, and Improvise has been added on. (I really hope I don't change my mind when I see triple fusion though especially with my frequent impulse purchases lol) I want so much from this collection (I love ANYTHING mineralize) so the more I can take off my list means more $$$ to the next collections.

I like redhead better than TF, better texture too. Ditto for Improvise versus Nuance. Thanks for the compliments!
th_DANCE.gif

elegant-one

Made With Love is the sweetest prettiest color. I don't think there is a current pinky coral color like this available.

Improvise on my skin was a really pretty true natural peachy color.

elegant-one

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winthrop44
Oh that's great to hear! I can't stand that!

A lot of us on here can't wear that shiny stuff
th_dunno.gif

The middle raspberry strip seemed pretty normal - & thats what I want it for - that strip
tong.gif

elegant-one

Oh, I have to share with you guys what I bought non mac that I am in LOVE with & will never do my makeup (or no makeup) without EVER again
tong.gif

Chanel's Le Blanc Sheer Illuminating Base - Holy Cow, I put it on the back of my hand to test & fell in love with the look & the smell. It makes the skin look so radiant & even, flawless & beautiful. I know that it has illuminating particles in it, but I don't want to say that there is actually any visible shimmer. Made my skin look amazingly even skintone/flawless. My hubby noticed it too & loved the smell so he bought it on the spot for me
lol.gif

Oh, with macs PandP trans. finishing powder = fabu!

Ernie

Quote:
ssad.gif
th_LMAO.gif

Oh, the eyeshadows with their four little quadrants look so great & irresistible in their pots! Really, they didn't seem to get into each others way
nope.gif

Me too - I Love the mineral stuff!!!!
mac_haul.gif

Agreed!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Civies
For some odd reason I am now lemming Odd Bits MES ..

Anyone else or is it just me ?!

I liked it in person too!

Quote:
Made With Love is the sweetest prettiest color. I don't think there is a current pinky coral color like this available.

Improvise on my skin was a really pretty true natural peachy color.

MWL is very pretty on the lips, I'll go swatch for you.
I also love Hand Finish, perfect lighter peach on me.

elegant-one

Quote:
Agreed!

I liked it in person too!

MWL is very pretty on the lips, I'll go swatch for you.
I also love Hand Finish, perfect lighter peach on me.

Oh, yes I agree - I loved Hand Finish
jerkit.gif
too!

^ya'll know your mind has gone there
nope.gif
th_LMAO.gif