MAC - Colour Craft Discussion

Susanne

Thanks for all your reviews!!

I will get my Colour Craft tomorrow, one day earlier than expected
yes.gif

I look really forward to MSF Smooth Merge and l/g Crazy Haute now. And the 131 of course!

hatchetwhore

Do any of you lovely ladies know if any of the MSF's are similar to those that came out in the Blonde Brunette Redhead collection? Judging by swatches Triple Fusion reminds me a lot of Redhead MSF...
001_unsure.gif

Ernie

Quote:
Originally Posted by hatchetwhore
Do any of you lovely ladies know if any of the MSF's are similar to those that came out in the Blonde Brunette Redhead collection? Judging by swatches Triple Fusion reminds me a lot of Redhead MSF...
001_unsure.gif

If you go back to page 105 I posted a comparison swatch of the two.

Sophia84

Thanks Ernie so much for the Nuance-Improvise comparison. I definetely do not need Improvise, since even Nuance is already sheer on me and I'm only a NC25!!

Now I only need to see a comparison between Nuance and Cheek Cheerful!!

gigglegirl

hiya nora, what are the 4 items? (or did you post it already and i missed?)

what are you wanting to get from bb? ive not been in forever, its crazy pricey for me but i want some gel liners! (i really want a deep shimmery blue gel one--couldn't find one @ sephora!)

ive stayed away from mac (didnt want to be tempted by GG preorders!) but am so going on thurs @ lunch!!

Lauli

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kayraphat
I just added Girlish Romp MEs to the list, looks super pretty!

iagree.gif

Gaah, it's so hard to decide what to buy...

celestia

Some people who have reviewed this brush believe the bristles to be 'soft' and others have claimed its downfall is that it is actually 'scratchy'.
One review gussed the earlier ones in the BBR collection released may have in fact been soft while those released later (in the same collection) somehow changed to being scratchy.

I have NO idea what to expect with the ones coming out with Colour Craft, but I'm hoping someone is kind enough to come back with an answer here on specktra so I know exactly whether I want to purchase this brush or not. The alleged inconsistency is absolutely KILLING me.

Aside from the 226 which I may or may not decide I must have (whether it confirms or dispells my concerns) I'm really digging the Smooth Merge MSF.
I may just settle for these two because I am predisposed with the Love that Look collection (hello STARFLASH 8D)

dreamer246

Quote:
Originally Posted by hatchetwhore
001_unsure.gif

Triple Fusion is similar to Redhead. Smooth Merge is similar to Blonde.

I believe there are comparison pics in the swatch thread.

hello, was wondering if there is any comparison swatch between triple fusion n improvise? from KarlaSugar's swatches they look pretty similar, both being peach based. TF is a more golden peach while improvise is just sparkly peach?

TIA!

am cutting down on MAC hauling cuz my finance situation won't allow me to splurge!
ssad.gif

btw my confirmed list: Cheeky Bronze MSF & Fadabulous

i feel Daft Pink & Hand Finish are easy dupes?

Ernie

Quote:
Originally Posted by gigglegirl
hiya nora, what are the 4 items? (or did you post it already and i missed?)

I was wondering the same thing!

Ernie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sophia84
Thanks Ernie so much for the Nuance-Improvise comparison. I definetely do not need Improvise, since even Nuance is already sheer on me and I'm only a NC25!!

Now I only need to see a comparison between Nuance and Cheek Cheerful!!

Here ya go!

Left to right: Nuance, Cheek & Cheerful
DSC01859.jpg

elegant-one

Quote:
muhahaha elegant one your review made me smile! I love how you loved pretty much it all.

I'm dead! I love mineral things!!

not going to lie, I'm still worried about the pinwheel mes' for messiness. But karlasugar's swatches make some look absolutely dreamy!!!

ssad.gif
th_LMAO.gif

Oh, the eyeshadows with their four little quadrants look so great & irresistible in their pots! Really, they didn't seem to get into each others way
nope.gif

Me too - I Love the mineral stuff!!!!
mac_haul.gif

Ernie

Quote:
Originally Posted by midnight_plue
hello, was wondering if there is any comparison swatch between triple fusion n improvise? from KarlaSugar's swatches they look pretty similar, both being peach based. TF is a more golden peach while improvise is just sparkly peach?

Left to right: Improvise, Triple Fusion

DSC01862.jpg

elegant-one

Quote:
ernie, you rock!! I was sad I had missed out on Nuance last year but this just looks so much better!! improvise for sure!!

Improvise was my second fave color - Daft Pink being 1st - of course
lol.gif
Improvise is a really, really pretty color!

only1angel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ernie
Thanks lovey, I'll try and do a pink version tomorrow. Oh and here's a comparison of BBR redhead msf and Triple Fusion msf.

Left to right: Triple Fusion, Redhead

DSC01813.jpg

DSC01815.jpg

Redhead is lighter

Thanks Ernie, yea redheads lighter. I'm actually liking redhead more based on the swatch, so MAYBE I can skip Triple Fusion. That would make my wallet so happy!!!

Quote:
Eclectic Edge with Lush n Lilac lip pencil
DSC01818.jpg

Odd Bits and Girlish Romp with Raven eye pencil
DSC01823.jpg

Daft Pink mineralize blush
DSC01830.jpg

Daft Pink mineralize blush
DSC01844.jpg

GORGEOUS!!!!!!!!! Those were all on my list already so I'm just gonna "borrow" this look
th_LMAO.gif
. Now I just wish I had your eyes
yes.gif

Quote:
Here you go: Left to right, Improvise, Nuance

Nuance is a deeper less frosty orangey color.

DSC01850.jpg

DSC01852.jpg

I actually like improvise more!!!!!!!!!!

Quote:
ernie, you rock!! I was sad I had missed out on Nuance last year but this just looks so much better!! improvise for sure!!

Me too!!!!!!!!!!! I have been on the search for nuance b/c I missed out on it, too. But now that I'm seeing this swatch, I want improvise so much more!

Quote:
Left to right: Improvise, Triple Fusion

DSC01862.jpg

This confirms it. Triple Fusion is officially off my list, and Improvise has been added on. (I really hope I don't change my mind when I see triple fusion though especially with my frequent impulse purchases lol) I want so much from this collection (I love ANYTHING mineralize) so the more I can take off my list means more $$$ to the next collections.

only1angel

Ernie, I was just looking through your swatches and noticed from the pics, redhead looks similar to improvise. How do they compare? Irunno if it's the lighting b/w both pics, but they look super close

elegant-one

I thought I wanted Triple Fusion, but wasn't all that excited about it in person. Smooth Merge is the only one I'm getting of the MSF. SM didn't seem to have that shiny, rainbow "fish scale" look that a lot of the MSFs have. I just don't care for that on my skin.

Someone mentioned glitter in the blushes - no, there isn't glitter in the Mineral Blushes. They are very very soft.

only1angel

I'm excited about smooth merge. It was the first msf that caught my eye when pics of this collection first came out. Even though I already have blonde and many have compared them as being similar, I'm lemming over that raspberry stripe in the middle. I just wish it wasn't the middle thin part. MAC- you just HAD to make it the smaller stripe?????????
angry.gif