MAC - Colour Craft Discussion

bis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susanne
Sure I do! I loved her movies. Have them all on video.

I loved her movies when I was little. Do you remember the name of the episode with the hatpin?
smiles.gif

Face2Mac

Quote:
Originally Posted by bis
th_LMAO.gif
But not a cartoon, she is an old lady (and this time I mean an old lady) with white hair in black and white. Does anyone remember the scene with the hatpin?

I just wikipedia it. ok, now i know why I don't have a recollection of her, that never really played in US unless it was PBS (public access) and they play a lot of imported shows that don't hit corporate tv channels.

But I do remember the 2 American movies made with her character.

elegant-one

Quote:
Originally Posted by Face2Mac
Dear God,

I would like to put my bid in for 47, 50, 52 and beyond because these women make it seem hot, healthy and fabulous.
yes.gif

I will be 36 on July 14th and I swear I haven't been happier since I turned 30.

I have wrangled a 1hr road trip to the CCO this weekend from the hubby for this grand occasion with his money
th_DANCE.gif

^^^
lol.gif
OMG This made me laugh!

Hot, Healthy & Fab - yes it is!
graucho.gif
th_DANCE.gif

I feel better now than when I was 20. Its a very freeing age in so many ways.

Happy Birthday!!!
winkiss.gif

kiss

Ernie, if you have earth to earth, can you please swatch it beside improvise and cheek and cheerful?
winkiss.gif

And if someone could do a style demon swatch beside intenso that would be awesome!

miss sha

lol.gif
This collection is awful for a newbie's bank account! It seems that the biggest complaint of this collection is that most of the MSFs and MBs are dupes for other releases from previous collections. But if you don't have any of those other items, then everything is already new and must-have!

kyoto

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeonKitty
OH MY GOD... the things we do for our children. I just returned from the Jonas Brothers concert, and my ears are ringing. Not from the loud music, but from the sound of 48958267206752 preteen girls screaming for three hours straight.

But ahhh she looks so happy
smiles.gif

Photo0560.jpg

In other news, I wore odd couple MES today in eager anticipation of this collection. You know, the collection that seems to never want to come out....except every place on earth but here
ssad.gif

She's adorable neon, and that look she's giving you just melts my heart. So worth it!

bis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Face2Mac
I just wikipedia it. ok, now i know why I don't have a recollection of her, that never really played in US unless it was PBS (public access) and they play a lot of imported shows that don't hit corporate tv channels.

But I do remember the 2 American movies made with her character.

There were American movies? I had no idea. I think I need to do some nostalgic DVD shopping
smiles.gif

When will you get your CC stuff? Will you get Fab-dab or Style Demon?
mac_haul.gif

Face2Mac

Quote:
Originally Posted by bis
There were American movies? I had no idea. I think I need to do some nostalgic DVD shopping
smiles.gif

When will you get your CC stuff? Will you get Fab-dab or Style Demon?
mac_haul.gif

American stage and screen legend Helen Hayes portrayed Miss Marple in two American made-for-TV movies, both for CBS: A Caribbean Mystery (1983) and Murder with Mirrors (1984). Sue Grafton contributed to the screenplay of the former. Hayes's Marple was benign and chirpy.

Both Fab-dab and Style Demon are going to be mine. I'm not passing up coral blushes and lipstick.
And I nearly fell out my chair when on lunch dh offered to get me a giftcard from mac for my birthday which I replied is this in addition to the CCO trip and he said yes.

BEST HUSBAND IN THE WORLD!
mac_haul.gif

for this week at least

elegant-one

From what I can remember Style Demon seemed like a brighter (but not bright itself) berry red & not a more muted dusty red than Merrily.

Merrily is more of a dusty coral red than a berry red blush.

I thought SD was beautiful!

Improvise is a straight down the middle true peach with some light shimmer - very very pretty

Fab-dab was also subtley beautiful.

Susanne

Quote:
Originally Posted by bis
I loved her movies when I was little. Do you remember the name of the episode with the hatpin?
smiles.gif

Yes, it was "16.50 Uhr ab Paddington"!
yes.gif
My fave movie.

MzzRach

Call me crazy, but I am skipping this collection. However, I hope everyone enjoys what they get! Soime really lovely colours being released.

heart.gif

Susanne

Quote:
Originally Posted by MzzRach
Call me crazy, but I am skipping this collection. However, I hope everyone enjoys what they get! Soime really lovely colours being released.

heart.gif

No, I can understand you! I got a lot mineralized products last year with Electroflash, Sonic Chic, the perm mineralize line and the holiday collection
sigh.gif
I think you have enough at some point and I passed all the blushes and MES.

I really look forward to this fall with MAC!

capmorlovesmac

Quote:
Jeanette, did you get Porcelain Pink today?? Enjoy CSI:NY!

yes.gif
Yes I did.

I am really glad that I caved.. it is such a pretty MSF. Not a necessity but very pretty.
smiles.gif

Enjoy CSI NY too hun!
drinkup.gif

Susanne

Quote:
Originally Posted by capmorlovesmac
yes.gif
Yes I did.

I am really glad that I caved.. it is such a pretty MSF. Not a necessity but very pretty.
smiles.gif

Enjoy CSI NY too hun!
drinkup.gif

Good to hear!

drinkup.gif
Thanks!

MarsG

Quote:
Ok, I am back from my counter
yes.gif

I got Smooth Merge, Crazy Haute and the 131. These three are my highlights of the collection!!

Smooth Merge is definitely my fave MSF of Colour Craft. It gives an awesome pink-raspberry-golden sheen on my cheeks and has a reat colour pay-off! I even like it better than Blonde. It is worth getting it because of the raspberry strip in the middle!
The other MSFs did not impress me that much. They were not unique enough for me. Maybe because I already have a few which I all like
winks.gif
Warm Blend was already sold out BTW after one day.

The blushes reminded me to the ones from Grand Duos - Daft Pink is the prettiest one for me!! But they are not so soft and buttery like the ones from Sonic Chic I think, I passed them all.
If you have missed Sonic Chic, take a closer look at them!

The MES disappointed me a little bit. I still love the older MES from Electroflash or Rushmetal, they were great colours and had that typical mineralized veining. I miss this veining in the new MES, they look like e/s quads in baked form for me. And they are not bright enough for me
winks.gif
I will wait to get new e/s with Love That Look and the fall collections.

I LOVE the lipglasses!! OMG, they are the best part of the collection and such a positive surprise!
heart.gif
They have a rich, smooth, very pigmented texture and are not too sticky!! Such a great colour pay-off! You don't need to mix them together before applying - you always get an awesome shade at once.
My faves are Crazy Haute, Funky Fusion and Eclectic Edge - I just bought one but I love all three. An amazing new texture from MAC. Hope to see more of them in the future.
Go and try at least one!

I am totally convinced with the new 131. It is smaller than I had expected it, but perfect to apply MSFs or blushes. You have a lot of varieties to handle it I think. And it is so soft! I wish MAC would make a 224 version now!!
All three brushes - 109, 131 and 226 - are totally worth getting them!!

All in all a small but very satisfying haul for me. I am glad I did not pass these three things.

I´m new to this forum so sorry if i had unnecessarily quoted your entire msg. Just wanted to say thanks for the review, esp. on the 131 brush. Sounds like it may just be the brush I´m looking for. I somehow don´t get the effect I´m aiming for when I apply products on my face. Too much everywhere or too low on the cheeks, etc. Guess that´s what I get for being impatient & rushing to get ready in the mornings. Amazing that Colour Craft is out in Germany already. Norway hasn´t even launched Naked Honey, how sad is that?

Lauli

Omg I want everything from this collection! Thanks Ernie for your swatches, you've convinced me that I need both Made With Love and Colour Crafted.
tong.gif

so far, here's
mac_wishlist.gif

1 MSF, Smooth Merge, Cheeky Bronze, Triple Fusion or Porcelain Pink
(want all 4 but my wallet doesn't,
ssad.gif
haha)
1 MB , Daft Pink or Handfinish
Girlish Romp MES
Colour Crafted l/s
Made With Love l/s
Funky Fusion l/g

Since I want so many MSF:s I might get 2 and no MB:s ...
th_dunno.gif