MAC - Colour Craft Discussion

darkishstar

I'm down to four items. And I'm not budging.
Cheeky Bronze, Improvise, Cheek & Cheerful, and Eccentricity. All corals and purples for me!

And somehow, that combo sounds HOT.
greengrin.gif

miss_primer

Quote:
Originally Posted by alka1
I really want Maui! it's the pink coral bronze I mentioned in the other post
smiles.gif
Bali brown looks gorgeous as well

I Bali is really pretty also. I think it might be too light to use as a bronzer for me. I am NC44. I think that Bali as a blush would look good with Refined MSf layered over it or even trying Refined MSF over the BB Bahama Bronzer....Just thinking though...lol

stv578

Quote:
Originally Posted by xoshopaholicxo
I think pinker sand was the working name for fast thrill:]

I love fast thrill! It's my favourite frosty pink l/s. Pinker Sand is a much nicer name though!

dreamer246

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeonKitty
I don't want a thing from GG or Euristocrats.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wizzer3245
I don't want anything from Euristocrats or Graphic Gardens

Quote:
Originally Posted by LMD84
i will not be buying from graphic garden, euristocrats or naked honey
smiles.gif

jawdrop.gif
nope.gif

Why are so many people skipping those collections? I personally think they're more lovely than Color Craft (huge disappointment here).
th_rolleye0014.gif

I'd probably just pick up Cheeky Bronze, Fashion Patch, and a couple of lippies. No news about the blushes & brush yet.
th_dunno.gif

Miss QQ

I won't be skipping Euristocrats, I want so many lippies from it. I may just pick up Graphic Garden e/s palette or nothing from GG. I'll be passing Naked Honey. I may just get a MES from here.

Fast Thrill was pretty. Is it a Frost?

dreamer246

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss QQ
I won't be skipping Euristocrats, I want so many lippies from it. I may just pick up Graphic Garden e/s palette or nothing from GG. I'll be passing Naked Honey. I may just get a MES from here.

Fast Thrill was pretty. Is it a Frost?

OMG we think the same.
greengrin.gif
Although I might be getting Buzz l/g from Naked Honey
th_drool.gif
, but it's only one item!
winks.gif
And the Graphic Garden palette is sooo pretty.
love.gif

NeonKitty

I'm skipping euristocrats because I have no willpower when it comes to buying lippies, so I have avoided that thread like the plague. GG I don't want because the one palette I was interested in has two lustres, and I just don't do lustres. For colour craft, one or two MBs, one lippy, one l/g.

dreamer246

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeonKitty
I'm skipping euristocrats because I have no willpower when it comes to buying lippies, so I have avoided that thread like the plague. GG I don't want because the one palette I was interested in has two lustres, and I just don't do lustres. For colour craft, one or two MBs, one lippy, one l/g.

I have no willpower when it comes to lippies and blushes too. Yet I'm still not impressed with this collection.
winks.gif
Maybe you should just look at Euristocrats too, who knows, you might not be impressed by it so you can pass it more confidently.
winks.gif

NeonKitty

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamer246
I have no willpower when it comes to lippies and blushes too. Yet I'm still not impressed with this collection.
winks.gif
Maybe you should just look at Euristocrats too, who knows, you might not be impressed by it so you can pass it more confidently.
winks.gif

LOL I actually did just look at it and the only thing that grabs my attention is costa chic. But the swatch I saw made it look quite orange, I'll have to see that one in person.

Susanne

Quote:

Why are so many people skipping those collections? I personally think they're more lovely than Color Craft (huge disappointment here).
th_rolleye0014.gif

iagree.gif

SMMY

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susanne
iagree.gif

Me three.
Usually I'm not wowed by the Nordie's exclusive, but what I've seen so far looks lovely and also a great value for the money. Naked Honey looks like some very pretty neutrals.
On the other hand, Colour Craft just seems like the same old, same old to me. No really new colors or earth shattering designs. I miss the days when we were waiting for new msfs with baited breath. Remember how excited we all were when we first saw Petticoat? Not to mention Lightscapade. I wish Mac would give us a break from msfs for a while, because they kind of feel like they're losing their specialness. Like "hohum, look another unicorn/shooting star/ four leaf clover".

/end of geriatric Mac fan rant

alka1

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMMY
Me three.
Usually I'm not wowed by the Nordie's exclusive, but what I've seen so far looks lovely and also a great value for the money. Naked Honey looks like some very pretty neutrals.
On the other hand, Colour Craft just seems like the same old, same old to me. No really new colors or earth shattering designs. I miss the days when we were waiting for new msfs with baited breath. Remember how excited we all were when we first saw Petticoat? Not to mention Lightscapade. I wish Mac would give us a break from msfs for a while, because they kind of feel like they're losing their specialness. Like "hohum, look another unicorn/shooting star/ four leaf clover".

/end of geriatric Mac fan rant

agreed about the MSFs "losing their specialness". Especially when they release all 6 at the same time. Wouldn't it make more sense business-wise to release 3 now and 3 more in the fall? space them out a little to get more people to buy? but I'm not a business major so what do I know.

I hate to bring up Laura Geller again, but she makes blushes similar to MSFs so it's hard not to compare. A while back some people complained about the shimmer so she released "Sugar-Free" ones that were matte.

What do you guys think about shimmer-free MSFs? I know, I know.. the point of the MSFs is to give the skin a sheen/highlight, but I know many people that don't like them for that very reason. It'd be great to take the concept of baked blushes with swirly color pigments but no shimmer. Or you could also have a palette with mini-MSFs - it'd make traveling with them a lot easier..

Susanne

Quote:
agreed about the MSFs "losing their specialness". Especially when they release all 6 at the same time. Wouldn't it make more sense business-wise to release 3 now and 3 more in the fall? space them out a little to get more people to buy? but I'm not a business major so what do I know.

yes.gif

SMMY

Quote:

I hate to bring up Laura Geller again, but she makes blushes similar to MSFs so it's hard not to compare. A while back some people complained about the shimmer so she released "Sugar-Free" ones that were matte.

What do you guys think about shimmer-free MSFs? I know, I know.. the point of the MSFs is to give the skin a sheen/highlight, but I know many people that don't like them for that very reason. It'd be great to take the concept of baked blushes with swirly color pigments but no shimmer. Or you could also have a palette with mini-MSFs - it'd make traveling with them a lot easier..

Yes, so far this year they've released/repromoted:
So Ceylon
Petticoat
Blonde
Brunette
Redhead
Perfect Topping
Refined
and it's not even June yet and I'm not even counting the Grand Duos collection. On top of all the other new products and collections, they just kind of get lost in the shuffle. I agree, three at a time is a much better way to promote these and keep up the excitement for them as well.

alka1

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMMY
Yes, so far this year they've released/repromoted:
So Ceylon
Petticoat
Blonde
Brunette
Redhead
Perfect Topping
Refined
and it's not even June yet and I'm not even counting the Grand Duos collection. On top of all the other new products and collections, they just kind of get lost in the shuffle. I agree, three at a time is a much better way to promote these and keep up the excitement for them as well.

Bobbi Brown usually releases one shimmerbrick every couple of months.. One! Most other companies do their color collections based on the different seasons.. (Spring 09, Summer 09, etc.) With that being said, I appreciate that MAC is unique in that aspect.

MAC collections are so varied and interesting in how they are presented.. but then that also raises the question.. how much is too much? MAC released nearly 35 different collections in 2008 (and that's not including Bag collections!). will it eventually be a case of quantity/quality? although that might be a subject for a different thread.

Quote:
Did they re-release So Ceylon and Petticoat? With which collection?

that was for the Sheer Minerals collection in Oct 2008

nadiya

I'm not really fussed about whether MSF's are special or not. I just want nice products that suit me. When Soft and Gentle was released as a perm colour last year I noticed it didn't get nearly as much attention as the LE ones that were released at the same time. But I really happen to like it and think it's been underrated. I'm glad MAC are releasing heaps of colours, it increases my chances of finding a colour that is right for me. I don't feel pressured because I don't want to buy every shade anyway.

Miss QQ

Quote:
OMG we think the same.
greengrin.gif
Although I might be getting Buzz l/g from Naked Honey
th_drool.gif
, but it's only one item!
winks.gif
And the Graphic Garden palette is sooo pretty.
love.gif

drinkup.gif

Quote:
Did they re-release So Ceylon and Petticoat? With which collection?

These two MSFs never made it to our MAC counters and store. I only know of the MAC counter at DFS recently so last year, I didn't check if they were available there.