MAC - Colour Craft Discussion

stv578

I was just looking at the pics of the MES, and I just don't get why MAC would have made them pinwheel quads? I just don't see how the colours won't get all muddied up unless someone is super careful dipping the brush into each indivudal shade. What a shame really, because there are so many nice colours available.

gigglegirl

EXACTLY Nora! Its hard enough when they are duos; once you start really using them up, its near impossible for it not to get messy! So as much as I <3 MES', I am vowing to pass!

but I do have to say, Porcelain Pink is on my mind!

FemmeFatale

I am really looking forward to some blush pictures or swatches.
I wonder if smooth merge is a dupe of petticoat? It looks as if it would be similar? Smooth merge is sitting pretty though!
smiles.gif

franimal

Quote:
Originally Posted by FemmeFatale
I am really looking forward to some blush pictures or swatches.
I wonder if smooth merge is a dupe of petticoat? It looks as if it would be similar? Smooth merge is sitting pretty though!
smiles.gif

I don't think they would put two identical shades in the same collection. That would be pretty silly.

saab

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susanne
I am NC 25 in winter and I love Springsheen, Pink Swoon, Style, Sunbasque, Flirt & Tease and Peachykeen from the perm line!

My fave LE blushes are X-Rocks, Blooming, Starked Naked, Tippy, Fun & Games and now On A Mission
yes.gif

My fave finishes are Sheertone Shimmer and BPB
love.gif

Hey Susan i have most of them that you mentioned , the only ones i dont have are flirt and tease and peachykeen from the perm line ...

I got stark naked , but you know on me it looked alot like Gentle mineralised blush so i swapped that one ..

Yeah i love sheertone shimmer and BPB.

OMG i cant wait for the sale now and then color craft yippeeeeeee....
yahoo.gif

saab

a

Quote:
Originally Posted by only1angel
50/50 is fine with me lolol. I'll get the face masks ready, or would you rather we just put a stocking on our face
yes.gif
I agree fashion mews is becoming a fave of mine. I know......how's about we wear the face masks- this way we could rock fashion mews
th_LMAO.gif
and still look cute robbin the bank!

It's not the usual lip color I normally go for, but when the MA made me try it on, I loved it. Mine needs a sister too lol, but I tend to lean more towards glosses that are pigmented. When this collection comes out, of course I'm still going to check them all out, but if they're anything like the ones from the sugarsweet collection, I'm gonna pass. I was thinking maybe via veneto from euristocrats II would be a good match for fashion mews. I guess I'll see when it comes out.

choochoo.gif
28 more days until Colour Craft!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
choochoo.gif

yahoo.gif
I CAN'T WAIT
yahoo.gif

Sounds fun , christmas stockings and fashion mews ...
th_LMAO.gif

You are right abt fashion mews , i didnt even buy it when it came out and i didnt even buy lavender whip when it came out .. Then later i decided to give them a try and got lavender whip in a swap and loved it , and then got fashion mews , i agree its not an everyday color but its different ...

omg i am definately getting vie veneto , thats the only thing i am getting from that collection ... the swatch is soooo prettyyyy ......

Get ready for the sale now !! i have my list ready ...
yahoo.gif

saab

Quote:
Susanne- I FINALLY got the 188 brush you recommended I get to use for JAP gel blush, and let me say I LOVE IT!!!!!! I have to admit when I saw the brush in person I was a bit skeptical b/c it looked so tiny compared to other blush brushes. This looked like an e/s brush to me lol. But I was in love with the way JAP looked in your FOTD so I figured why not try it and if I don't like it I could always return it. I'm so glad I ended up getting it. This brush and JAP go hand in hand perfectly! When I first got JAP, I was applying with my finger and it never came out the way I wanted and it took forever. With the 188, it's super quick and it applies the blush so evenly. I was worried that I bought JAP for nothing b/c it wasn't working for me. But now it has quickly become my HG along with the brush. Now that I found the brush, I'm HOPING MAC will come out with some different colors of gel blushes. I LOVE THIS BRUSH!!!!! Thanks Susanne
th_hug.gif

OMG , i just used JAP with my 188 for the first time and i love it , the only thing i didnt like was the staying power . did it fade on you too ??

only1angel

Quote:
Originally Posted by macnificent
Howcome hardly anyone likes the mineralized eyeshadows?! I'm super excited about them
th_confused_new.gif

IM EXCITED 2
yahoo.gif

I was wondering the same thing though lol, but I'm actually loving them all!

only1angel

Re: a

Quote:
Originally Posted by saab
Sounds fun , christmas stockings and fashion mews ...
th_LMAO.gif

You are right abt fashion mews , i didnt even buy it when it came out and i didnt even buy lavender whip when it came out .. Then later i decided to give them a try and got lavender whip in a swap and loved it , and then got fashion mews , i agree its not an everyday color but its different ...

omg i am definately getting vie veneto , thats the only thing i am getting from that collection ... the swatch is soooo prettyyyy ......

Get ready for the sale now !! i have my list ready ...
yahoo.gif

lol that's so funny that you said that b/c you're like me- I only want vie veneto from that collection (which saves $$$ for colour craft!)
Is there a swatch thread that compares lavender whip and fashion mews? I've heard the hype for LW but I didn't buy it either. You have both, which do you prefer/wear more often.

From all this talk, I think I'll wear fashion mews tomorrow lol

only1angel

Quote:
OMG , i just used JAP with my 188 for the first time and i love it , the only thing i didnt like was the staying power . did it fade on you too ??

Yea I noticed that, too!!!!!!!!!! You think it's b/c of the brush????????? I just thought maybe the staying power of the blush wasn't so great. But the color and end result is just too damn gorgeous for me to care lol. But If I was out for the whole day I probably would use something else or just have it in my purse. Did yours fade completely though? Mine didn't. It just looked a lighter pink than how it looked when I had first applied it

stv578

Quote:
Originally Posted by gigglegirl
EXACTLY Nora! Its hard enough when they are duos; once you start really using them up, its near impossible for it not to get messy! So as much as I <3 MES', I am vowing to pass!

but I do have to say, Porcelain Pink is on my mind!

Well I know I'm walking away with one MSF, possibly two (Sunny By Nature is a maybe, I've been really into bronze-y cheeks lately).

There was one MES that I really liked, but just won't bother. I guess it's for the better anyway!

saab

Re: a

Quote:
lol that's so funny that you said that b/c you're like me- I only want vie veneto from that collection (which saves $$$ for colour craft!)
Is there a swatch thread that compares lavender whip and fashion mews? I've heard the hype for LW but I didn't buy it either. You have both, which do you prefer/wear more often.

From all this talk, I think I'll wear fashion mews tomorrow lol

I love lavender whip way more than fashion mews , trust me you will love it too !! i think you should get one , you wont be disappointed . Ive heard some mac counters still have it , i got myself a backup at the mac counter alongwith ever so rich cremesheen glass which goes perfectly with it .. i wore lavender whip today and loved it !! its my new love
yes.gif

saab

Quote:
Yea I noticed that, too!!!!!!!!!! You think it's b/c of the brush????????? I just thought maybe the staying power of the blush wasn't so great. But the color and end result is just too damn gorgeous for me to care lol. But If I was out for the whole day I probably would use something else or just have it in my purse. Did yours fade completely though? Mine didn't. It just looked a lighter pink than how it looked when I had first applied it

How do you apply the gel blush ? i just got it and the first thing i tried it was with the brush ... it was lighter though.. i applied the rose romance beauty powder over it and it made it look even prettier ...

Susanne

Quote:
Originally Posted by trulynicole
are there swatches of the blushes yet? sorry ):

No, I don't think so.

Susanne

Quote:
Hey Susan i have most of them that you mentioned , the only ones i dont have are flirt and tease and peachykeen from the perm line ...

I got stark naked , but you know on me it looked alot like Gentle mineralised blush so i swapped that one ..

Yeah i love sheertone shimmer and BPB.

I have Gentle as well. A gorgeous colour, but I prefer Stark Naked. Mineralize blushes always fade on me very quickly, no matter how I apply them
ssad.gif

Susanne

Quote:

No, this one doesn't fade, although I have very oily skin. Weird
winks.gif

Susanne

Quote:
How do you apply the gel blush ? i just got it and the first thing i tried it was with the brush ... it was lighter though.. i applied the rose romance beauty powder over it and it made it look even prettier ...

iagree.gif

LMD84

i like the colours in the mes but i think they will get messy and plus if i use one quarter more than the rest it's all go un-even and that won't do for my ocd!

i like the mes duos though - i wish these were duos because then i would be tempted

Susanne

Quote:
Originally Posted by LMD84
i like the colours in the mes but i think they will get messy and plus if i use one quarter more than the rest it's all go un-even and that won't do for my ocd!

i like the mes duos though - i wish these were duos because then i would be tempted

iagree.gif
The duos from Electroflash last year were awesome.