MAC Divine Night Collection (October 17, 2013)

KMQE716

can't wait to see more swatches...i only bought one thing...and i hope that i was smart to keep it that way. Those MSFs are calling me

Just called-told them that when I ordered yesterday, it said that our discount WAS available, but then noticed it wasn't applied to my order. Thy said it was a mistake on their part and they would credit me the discount on my cc for yesterday's order. They DID say though, that if I order any more, that the discount will not apply. It was worth calling-you should too if you ordered yesterday!!!! Good luck!

Mac-Guy

I'm not sure if that would be applicable here becasue the price has always been advertised as the full price of the item, This is simply a Pro Members discount and I bet somewhere in the T&C's of the Pro membership there is some clause about the discount not being avaliable on all collections and being able to revoke said discount from being applicable to any collection at any time, etc etc etc, usual corporate - covering - their - asses BS!

Also on another note, in the UK at least, that isn't actually true either but quite a widespread misbelief. In the UK if something is priced incorectly the reatialer must remove every single one of those items from the shop floor for at least 24 hours. They can then return them at the correct price. If they do that they do not have to honour the marked price legally but a lot of places will as a gesture of good will and so they don't have to remove the goods :)
Yes, you are correct. From the Pro guidelines: M·A·C reserves the right to modify the program and its benefits at any time without prior notification.

While I understand that it is annoying that the Pro discount does not apply, it is nothing uncommon. It happens from time to time that Pro is late. If the Pro discount is added at a later point, just call them to get a refund. Mind you, it will take a few weeks to get your money back. The last time this happened to me was the Miss Piggy collection. If I recall correctly, Archie's was also a bit late.

For me, it's not a big deal. Yes, it can be frustrating, but that's just how MAC Pro works (same applies to when it goes up for Pros, which can be 10 days earlier or at the same time as for regular customers). When I want a product, I'm happy to buy it at full price. I'm not just buying MAC because I get the discount. However, if I get the discount, it's even better, but it not, I'm o.k. too.

To end on a (few) positive note(s): If the reverse situation occurs, it's just heaven. When MW2 was released, I was able to order all my products with Pro discount. It only lasted for a few hours on Pro until they took it down. Finally, a lot of us Pros were thrilled that the glorious overnight code PROCYBER (or was it a different one?!) worked forever for free overnight shipping.

martiangurll

What is the alphabet code y'all are talking about? Can someone PM me about this?
PM'd ya.
peace2.gif

missmacqtr

I ordered yesterday the 3 MSF and one blush ,MAC sent me an email saying that they :shock:canceled my order because all of the items are out of stock..i can't believe this ..why they did this ?

NaomiH

i didnt buy just for the packaging i love the colors of the lipsticks i got but could have lived without them lol but that voice in my head haha "just buy one thing and by one thing i mean two things" LMAO
LMAO! Isn't that how it always goes too? Like that damn RiRi collection, I was only going to get 3 things and ended up with way more than 3 things. lol

NiniCakes

I ordered yesterday the 3 MSF and one blush ,MAC sent me an email saying that they :shock:canceled my order because all of the items are out of stock..i can't believe this ..why they did this ?
I would totes call CS! I just checked the website and all the MSF's and blushes are still in stock... crazy MAC
blink.gif

martiangurll

LMAO! Isn't that how it always goes too? Like that damn RiRi collection, I was only going to get 3 things and ended up with way more than 3 things. lol
Sorry, we just love to enable here. ANd don't you hate it when you add a few things to the cart to get the lower shipping and then the one thing your actually wanted gets cancelled?

NYCBeautyJunkie

Just ordered two items; lavish living and scene to be seen.

So is it the consensus that Lavish Living will be 'highlighter-ish' on darker skin (nc 50)? I wish there were more swatches available online. :(

NaomiH

Sorry, we just love to enable here. ANd don't you hate it when you add a few things to the cart to get the lower shipping and then the one thing your actually wanted gets cancelled?
I've been lucky and haven't had that happen (yet). The only order I've had canceled ever was during the summer RiRi fiasco when I "hacked the system" and ordered early. I'm sure my time is coming though.

vamua703

So I did another chat with MAC (inquiring on another launch that will occur next month) and they said that Pro Discount is "NEVER" available on Holiday sets/kits, but it SHOULD be available on Rihanna's Holiday collection. Just an FYI.

mousygiggles

I seem to remember MAC always being slow or stingy with samples of the Holiday stuff since at least Glitter and Ice. I remember buying blind last year at the store.

AccordingToJenn

I've kept quiet on this thread, because I wasn't sure I even wanted anything! But I missed out on Nude so I went for Exclusive Event and You've Got It Cremesheen! Actually excited about it! Still eying the holiday sets, but people tend to get those for me for Christmas because they don't know what to get me! lol Because I've just caught up, there seems to be soo many helpful ladies pm-ing people, I'm not sure who to PM! Can someone fill me in please?

Latest posts