MAC Divine Night Collection (October 17, 2013)

Spikesmom

Exactly! I wanted to ask about this in this thread, then I thought: no, people gonna be p*ssed if I bring it up, then I was about to PM Richelle and ask her regarding this, but I didn't want to bother her again, so I just gave up. System failure indeed, lol.

Anywhoo... I hope T posts some swatches asap.
I was torn about whether or not to speak up, but I guess I wasn't alone here. Maybe it would be a better idea to just make the color collections section private like the sale/swap section is. Don't you have to have 50 legitimate posts to become active there?

mousygiggles

I'm a newbie too so I'm right there with you... guess it's only fair
It really isn't about being new. It is more about just using the forum as an alert system and not participating as more than a parasite. That sounds shitty but that is how I see the 1000 guests and 35 members. They are the resellers and bloggers that just come to steal info, swatches, pics, and use it for their blog or they come to find out when it is up on sites so they can buy it all and resell it back to us.

lovingmakeup

It really isn't about being new. It is more ab out just using the forum as an alert system and not participating as more than a parasite. That sounds shitty but that is how I see the 1000 guests and 35 members. They are the resellers and bloggers that just come to steal info, swatches, pics, and use it for their blog or they come to find out when it is up on sites so they can buy it all and resell it back to us.
iagree.gif
brilliantly put.

NaomiH

I'll be honest, I've been on Spektra for a few months but haven't really contributed much or really posted b/c of my own fear of awkwardness, and I'm trying to shake that off since everyone is so nice. But still, I didn't feel I'd "participated" enough to be all, "Give me your secrets!" and figure I'll wait to ask about the code stuff when I feel more like a participant then a lurker. But perhaps that's a bit extreme but I can see, and agree, with the sentiment expressed.

I think I'll be posting more also because I'm loving these
th_ymca.gif
I don't have a problem with newbies who don't have a ton of posts asking at all. It's just that instance that was brought up just now where it was kinda obvious this person had been lurking, saw something was up and wanted to get in on it so they created an account and will probably not post again or contribute after receiving the info they wanted. I could be wrong on this, but it was the impression I got and it seems others did as well. It's that impression that seems to of been what caused the bit of upset.

I also share your love of the smileys, they're pretty fun.
drinks.gif

Naynadine

Veteran Moderator
Staff member
I was torn about whether or not to speak up, but I guess I wasn't alone here. Maybe it would be a better idea to just make the color collections section private like the sale/swap section is. Don't you have to have 50 legitimate posts to become active there?
Yup. And that's what I have been thinking too, and I hope that is what Richelle hinted will happen soon.

ladymakeup80

Even though my goodies are due to arrive tomorrow I can't wait till everyone here receives theirs and starts swatching! I ordered Lavish Living, Talk of the Town, Flair for Finery, You've Got It, Centre of Attention and Scene to Be Seen. The only one I'm kinda worried about is COA since it may be a little sheer on my NC25 skin. I'll make that sucker work no matter what lol! I'm considering ordering Exclusive Event - need to see more pics!

Copperhead

That's what probably should happen. The only thing about that is, it will probably lead to a lot of "post whoring" in order to reach the 50 posts.

Also, I've been meaning to ask, is it 50 posts AND be a member for 30 days?

Tahlia

Even though my goodies are due to arrive tomorrow I can't wait till everyone here receives theirs and starts swatching! I ordered Lavish Living, Talk of the Town, Flair for Finery, You've Got It, Centre of Attention and Scene to Be Seen. The only one I'm kinda worried about is COA since it may be a little sheer on my NC25 skin. I'll make that sucker work no matter what lol! I'm considering ordering Exclusive Event - need to see more pics!
Please post swatches! We're the same skin shade :)

Naynadine

Veteran Moderator
Staff member
That's what probably should happen. The only thing about that is, it will probably lead to a lot of "post whoring" in order to reach the 50 posts.
True. But it won't make it as easy for people who are just lurking trying to get info as it is now. And I guess you can tell if someone is just post-whoring, which I think isn't allowed anyway, so hopefully those people will kicked outta here then.

Mac-Guy

A private section would be nice, but 50 posts won't cut it. It's so easy to get up to 50 posts. 500 substantial posts or even a 1000 posts sounds more reasonable to keep ebay-lurkers out of the threads. 1000 posts will give them a ride for their money (pun intended!).

However, if the MAC forum will be private, where are newbies (the serious ones) going to post to achieve their post count? Lol.

One other issue: This won't prevent T & Co from posting that the collection is up. Interestingly enough, most of the time T seems to get an alert from her fans. I assume she doesn't have time to stalk. Bless her.

Latest posts