MAC Divine Night Collection (October 17, 2013)

mousygiggles

I am sure we will see post heaux'! LOL...
puke.gif

My list was HUGE!!!
I got:

3 MSF, 3 lippies, 3 csg, 2 blushes, 2 MES, 1 Fluidline and a partridge in a pear tree!!!

I might still get Talk of the Town. I am getting the Nordies face kit, one eye kit, and 1 gloss set when those launch. Much better than last year. I went way cray with that one.

mousygiggles

A private section would be nice, but 50 posts won't cut it. It's so easy to get up to 50 posts. 500 substantial posts or even a 1000 posts sounds more reasonable to keep ebay-lurkers out of the threads. 1000 posts will give them a ride for their money (pun intended!).

However, if the MAC forum will be private, where are newbies (the serious ones) going to post to achieve their post count? Lol.

One other issue: This won't prevent T & Co from posting that the collection is up. Interestingly enough, most of the time T seems to get an alert from her fans. I assume she doesn't have time to stalk. Bless her.
T's minions get it from here I am pretty sure. I think these numbers sound reasonable. MAC is the only launch section that gets 100's of guests so it makes sense. IDK where they would build their post count but there are other places.

Richelle83

A private section would be nice, but 50 posts won't cut it. It's so easy to get up to 50 posts. 500 substantial posts or even a 1000 posts sounds more reasonable to keep ebay-lurkers out of the threads. 1000 posts will give them a ride for their money (pun intended!).

However, if the MAC forum will be private, where are newbies (the serious ones) going to post to achieve their post count? Lol.

One other issue: This won't prevent T & Co from posting that the collection is up. Interestingly enough, most of the time T seems to get an alert from her fans. I assume she doesn't have time to stalk. Bless her.
Pretty much. I kinda brought that up in my lengthy explanation of the state of affairs over here. Will definitely be hard to find a decent solution to this especially since a ton of traffic is for this area specifically.

It could be set up for a fee of like $5 or $6 a year you can access this area of the site?

Mac-Guy

T's minions get it from here I am pretty sure. I think these numbers sound reasonable. MAC is the only launch section that gets 100's of guests so it makes sense. IDK where they would build their post count but there are other places.
Which number? 50, 500, or 1000?

mousygiggles

I wish people came for reviews and how to wear items. Like what goes with X on X skin tone. There is so little of that now and that is why I came here. Now it is busy busy for launches then dead.

Spikesmom

True, 50 is too easy. I was just using that as an example. Something else I haven't seen address is people coming back and listing what they ordered. Isn't that enough of a clue that a collection is live somewhere? It won't take a rocket scientist to check 5 or 6 sites and start snapping it up. I'm honestly not criticizing everyone who has graciously been looking for a solution, but imo it wasn't well thought out.

Ayanna

Pretty much. I kinda brought that up in my lengthy explanation of the state of affairs over here. Will definitely be hard to find a decent solution to this especially since a ton of traffic is for this area specifically.  It could be set up for a fee of like $5 or $6 a year you can access this area of the site? 
thats actually a great idea IMO. I belong to a hair board that charges $7 a year. A modest fee that keeps spammers & foolishness to a minimum.

mousygiggles

What if there was a review section for new members to post it but no release chatter. Sort of like the swatch threads for the collections. Leave the swatch thread open for them.

MaitaiFluff

A private section would be nice, but 50 posts won't cut it. It's so easy to get up to 50 posts. 500 substantial posts or even a 1000 posts sounds more reasonable to keep ebay-lurkers out of the threads. 1000 posts will give them a ride for their money (pun intended!). However, if the MAC forum will be private, where are newbies (the serious ones)  going to post to achieve their post count? Lol. One other issue: This won't prevent T
Pretty much. I kinda brought that up in my lengthy explanation of the state of affairs over here. Will definitely be hard to find a decent solution to this especially since a ton of traffic is for this area specifically.  It could be set up for a fee of like $5 or $6 a year you can access this area of the site? 
I don't post much as of recent, but I had to pipe in and give my two cents. I think a small yearly fee isn't a bad idea. I know that some of my SO's forums have a yearly fee and the money goes to keep the forum running smoothly and you see less of the weird stuff that one might see on something like Reddit. I also like the post limit plus the 30 day wait like with the clearance bin.

NYCBeautyJunkie

Just got my blush and mineralize skinfinish!

Both are extremely pretty; STBS is so pigmented! It's a very pretty warm pink shade when mixed together.

I like Lavish Living but I think I have to try it on my face; I was worried it would just be a highlighter on my dark skin, but I *THINK* it may work. It's nicely pigmented as well but not as much as the skinfinish.

RayRay88

I went up to my local MAC counter a few days ago to check out the Divine Night goodies. The MUA there told me about an event they're having for the collection launch, and insisted I schedule an appointment sooo I did. The thing is, I've never gone to a MAC event like this before, and I don't know what to expect! Could someone please explain them to me?

Spikesmom

Pretty much. I kinda brought that up in my lengthy explanation of the state of affairs over here. Will definitely be hard to find a decent solution to this especially since a ton of traffic is for this area specifically.

It could be set up for a fee of like $5 or $6 a year you can access this area of the site?
$5 or $6 will be a drop in the bucket to someone making $80 selling a Heroine lipstick on ebay! LOL!!! That's not going to stop anyone.

cocotears

I'd rather pay than have to make 500 posts. Between school and looking for a job, I can't just comment on Specktra all day long and I'm not really that talkative which explains my 200 posts in 7 months.

StrongWoman

It really isn't about being new. It is more about just using the forum as an alert system and not participating as more than a parasite. That sounds shitty but that is how I see the 1000 guests and 35 members. They are the resellers and bloggers that just come to steal info, swatches, pics, and use it for their blog or they come to find out when it is up on sites so they can buy it all and resell it back to us.
Well said. I think people are mistaking Richelle's kindness for weakness. I just want to address the people that have beef but don't know what they have beef with: The forum moderators that volunteer here don't work for you, nor do other members *owe* you anything, particularly if you haven't 1) been active; 2) been known to play nice; or 3) been helpful. Sorry, we don't know you from Dick and we are nice to people that are nice to us generally. That's not mean or catty. That's life. Now if you have no clue what's going on, just PM a regular member or catch up on threads. There is no need to throw around accusations when you haven't been around enough (either as an MIA regular member or a newbie) to know the whole story. Remember to say "please" and "thank you" to the members you PM. I would like the Specktra gods to create a flag button like on MUA. It shouldn't be on Richelle or Erine to babysit bad behavior. Back on topic: What's so special about Flair for Finery that it's sold out on the website?

Mac-Guy

I wish people came for reviews and how to wear items. Like what goes with X on X skin tone. There is so little of that now and that is why I came here. Now it is busy busy for launches then dead.
I can only speak for myself, but I'm sure others can relate as they had similar experiences. I stopped posting reviews, color stories or provide swatches (I'm talking about the early ones 2 - 3 weeks before the official release) as I got burnt by bloggers or other forums that blatantly stole my pics or copied my review without my consent. About a year ago, it got to the point where it was extremely frustrating to see that the info (including the little bugs I inserted) I posted on Spectra was floating around on other blogs, thus I decided to stop posting any information on new collections. I'm certain that this is the reason why others also stopped posting or at least don't post as much any more. It seems to be a common problem, but there is no solution.

Latest posts