MAC Give me Liberty of London Discussion

Boasorte

I'm so excited, I was on my way to MAC to pick up some more LOL goodies, when I stopped by Target, and got some LOL goodies, but forgot to go to MAC!! How cute! the MAC LOL stuff is on top, how lovely it all blends in with each other
smiles.gif

1zpqlbt.jpg

elegant-one

Quote:
Originally Posted by xoleaxo
Here are the comparison swatches between Fun & Games, Prim & Proper & Eversun.
smiles.gif

L-R: Fun & Games, Prim & Proper, Eversun
4436383838_ce8bc40298.jpg

Hope that helps!

See, I love how Prim & Proper has just that lil bit of vintage pink undertone to it. Pretty

only1angel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gonzajuju
buy it buy it!!! You'll love it
th_DANCE.gif

I did!!!!!
tong.gif
That's how I know I'm liking it!
winks.gif
I just did my 2nd look with this collection and I used this all over my lid
drools.gif

I don't know what to do bout Shell Pearl, though! lol
I like it but I just swatched Perfect Topping next to Shell Pearl and they're extremely similar. The only difference is that Perfect Topping is more shimmery whereas Shell Pearl is frosty. I'm still on the fence about whether this is worth keeping.......

It's official, I hate the finish of these lippies!!! They're so drying
angry.gif
I wanted to try the lippies with some balm and see if that would help with the dryness (which it did), but now I found out how to sheer the lippies out
yes.gif
Putting balm/chapstick/whatever on before the lippie really made them work for me- including Ever Hip, which was way too orange by itself! But I must say. I'm slowly falling for it
th_LMAO.gif
This one might just stay home with me hahahaha. I was able to make Petals & Peacocks work for me with this method, but I have dupes already that would get me the same look, so this one will be going back!

mac_aiken

Quote:
Originally Posted by elegant-one
icon_eek.gif
Really? The Pink Raspberry one
sweet.png
Awesome!

Actually, thats what I'm wearing in my avatar

OMG! I have that one and I totally forgot about it. Got it online from Brigette's Boutique along with the mauve palette both for $25 each and Liza PM eyes quad too. I will have to dig them out. I really want the BB Violet palette but I haven't been able to find it even at the CCO.

elegant-one

Quote:
Originally Posted by mac_aiken
OMG! I have that one and I totally forgot about it. Got it online from Brigette's Boutique along with the mauve palette both for $25 each and Liza PM eyes quad too. I will have to dig them out. I really want the BB Violet palette but I haven't been able to find it even at the CCO.

April - this is freaking me out - I was washing my face just a bit ago & you popped into my mind. I was worried about you
friends.gif
then I came here & viola - you just posted
smiles.gif
What a mother hen I am

I love the BB violet palette to. I also have the Bridal palette.

That was a great deal!

mac_aiken

Quote:
April - this is freaking me out - I was washing my face just a bit ago & you popped into my mind. I was worried about you
friends.gif
then I came here & viola - you just posted
smiles.gif
What a mother hen I am

I love the BB violet palette to. I also have the Bridal palette.

That was a great deal!

th_hug.gif

Thanks for thinking of me. Today was a rough day.

I am usually the mother hen so it is nice that someone is looking out for me. LOL .

stv578

Quote:
See, I love how Prim & Proper has just that lil bit of vintage pink undertone to it. Pretty

Yup, I noticed the pink in it too, which is bad... very bad!

elegant-one

Quote:
Originally Posted by stv578
Yup, I noticed the pink in it too, which is bad... very bad!

ssad.gif
NO! Why, does that not usually work for you? Ahh shoot

stv578

Quote:
ssad.gif
NO! Why, does that not usually work for you? Ahh shoot

The opposite! Pink works great, that's the problem! I'm supposed to be done with this collection!!!

AudreyNicole

Quote:
Originally Posted by shontay07108
Guys, I just cleaned up the jungle known as my makeup drawer. It took a good hour. I realized how much money I've wasted on things I never even used. I threw it in a bag and it's all going to one of my friends. She needs to build her stash.

Anyway, all that cleaning up made me think of items I had a hot and heavy love affair with and then tossed aside. Must use them again soon. I need to be WAY more selective with what I buy. I have realized what brands I prefer and what items from those brands that I like.

Totally off topic. Sorry, but I needed to share. If you need to clean your stash, do it and it'll make you realize you have to be honest with yourself and not get swept up into hype or overly happy (like me) when you have some extra $$$ to spend.

Shontay, I sat down the other day and added up how much money I have spent on MAC in the last few months (since Love Lace), and it literally made me sick to my stomach. I have gotten so many new things that I haven't even had time to enjoy them. I used them 1-2x, and then it was onto a new collection
ssad.gif
I posted a thread about it in MAC chat. Since I woke up (
lecture.gif
), and realized that there are so many other things I could have done with that money, I posted a sale, and have decided that I will impose a 4 item limit to every new collection. It will force me to choose carefully.

With that being said, I am really enjoying my LOL stuff. They are shades that I will wear often. They are very versatile, and worth the money, IMO. I have used Prim and Proper and Shell Pearl every day since I got them. Decided NOT to go back for GMLOL e/s, or anything else from this collection. I am DONE with this one, and completely happy with my choices.
smiles.gif

Shypo

Quote:
Originally Posted by AudreyNicole
Shontay, I sat down the other day and added up how much money I have spent on MAC in the last few months (since Love Lace), and it literally made me sick to my stomach. I have gotten so many new things that I haven't even had time to enjoy them. I used them 1-2x, and then it was onto a new collection
ssad.gif
lecture.gif
), and realized that there are so many other things I could have done with that money, I posted a sale, and have decided that I will impose a 4 item limit to every new collection. It will force me to choose carefully.

With that being said, I am really enjoying my LOL stuff. They are shades that I will wear often. They are very versatile, and worth the money, IMO. I have used Prim and Proper and Shell Pearl every day since I got them. Decided NOT to go back for GMLOL e/s, or anything else from this collection. I am DONE with this one, and completely happy with my choices.
smiles.gif

It can be extremely sobering. I think I'm going to take a cue from you lovely ladies and possibly do the same.....I'm not that excited about the next 2 collections, so maybe I'll set my sights on what might be coming with the late summer and fall collections (hopes for more pigments!!
th_DANCE.gif
).

I could open a shop with the cosmetics I have, and like you, have things that I have totally forgotten about - cast aside for 'the next big thing'. I need to stop (literally) and appreciate (and use) what I already have.

I may also do some spring cleaning and see what I might be able to offer up to the local organizations who help women getting back into the workforce, or perhaps women going through health issues.......something to think about!

Thanks Shontay and Audrey!!

shontay07108

Quote:
Originally Posted by AudreyNicole
ssad.gif
lecture.gif

smiles.gif

Audrey, I don't even want to calculate the cost of all the makeup I have bought. I would probably jump off of my roof. However, I don't want to place limits on myself when it comes to how many items I can buy from a collection. If I had done that, then I would've missed amazing things from Spring Forecast. However, if that system works for you, that's great.
One of my problems is that when there is an item that I'm not completely pleased with, I have a tendency to just let it sit and I never return it. That's a waste. Another waste is not following my instincts. People can suggest things and it will sway me when I am on the fence, but if something is telling me no, I need to listen b/c I have been right every time.
Also, there are certain brands that seem so pretty like YSL, Dior, Givenchy, etc, but I know it's just not for me. Dior was a fleeting interest and I need to stay away from brands that I know I'm not passionate about. My passions lie with MAC, MUFE, Chanel, Nars and occassionally, Urban Decay.
I just hope that my post will just make everyone think about how they spend their hard earned money. No one, no matter how loaded they are wants to waste money, you know?

only1angel

Quote:
Originally Posted by shontay07108
One of my problems is that when there is an item that I'm not completely pleased with, I have a tendency to just let it sit and I never return it. That's a waste. Another waste is not following my instincts. People can suggest things and it will sway me when I am on the fence, but if something is telling me no, I need to listen b/c I have been right every time.

I'm the same way!!!! Like for this collection, I think I bought so much! I let the MA talk me into so many of the things that my instincts were telling me not to get them & I still got them! I hate returning things, especially more than one! But I have no need for some of the things!

It seems that when a new collection comes out, I get all excited and use the products for a few weeks, then forget about them, move onto the next collection and play with those, and so on. I'm always coming up with different looks, so most of my makeup does get used, but I do admit I can go overboard. I do agree with you though Shontay, if I kept a limit for SCF, I would have missed out on so much!!!!! I bought everything I wanted and LOVE EACH OF THEM!

I do want to TRY and attempt to be good, though lol. MAYBE I will return Shell Pearl then if I already have Perfect Topping
th_confused_new.gif
That's a start.........

shontay07108

Quote:
Originally Posted by only1angel
I'm the same way!!!! Like for this collection, I think I bought so much! I let the MA talk me into so many of the things that my instincts were telling me not to get them & I still got them! I hate returning things, especially more than one! But I have no need for some of the things!

It seems that when a new collection comes out, I get all excited and use the products for a few weeks, then forget about them, move onto the next collection and play with those, and so on. I'm always coming up with different looks, so most of my makeup does get used, but I do admit I can go overboard. I do agree with you though Shontay, if I kept a limit for SCF, I would have missed out on so much!!!!! I bought everything I wanted and LOVE EACH OF THEM!

I do want to TRY and attempt to be good, though lol. MAYBE I will return Shell Pearl then if I already have Perfect Topping
th_confused_new.gif
That's a start.........

MA's know to leave me alone. They already know my style. I do my research and I have no questions. All I need are my eyes to see what I want. I let an MA push me into a crapload of things a couple of years ago (can't remember the collection) and I returned most it. Never again.

We also have to throw away fear of these MA's and don't let them intimidate us when it comes time to return. The return policy is in place for a reason. As long as it's not being abused, we shouldn't be made to feel like shit for returning things. Sorry to take this off track. Guess I should've posted in another forum, but I wanted people to actually see this.

GlamQueen21

Shontay, I too did some spring cleaning Saturday when I bought a huge organizing drawer to store my MAC makeup and if I calculated my purchases, I would be very shocked! When I got home from work yesterday I started to organize all of my makeup and boy it was so hard to decided which face/eye/lip products will go. One of these days, to the ones who haven't showed off their MAC collections on Spectra, we are going to do it!

jazm1n3s

Anybody used Birds & Berries on the crease?
I did a look today with Smoke & Diamonds on the lid, B&B on the crease/outer corner. The combination looks gorgeous, but after I blend B&B, the teal/blue color faded and left me with just a boring dark shadow
ssad.gif
I didn't even blend it that much.

I think a better description for B&B is a dark grey (???) color with teal/blue shimmers. I was really really hoping the teal shows in the crease. Any suggestions, anybody?

It looks pretty when I pat it on the lid, over a dark base, though. Even my friend who doesn't understand makeup complimented me on it.

AudreyNicole

Oh, I could have never imposed a 4 item limit with SCF. That collection was huge. BUT, I could have probably cut what I got in half, and been completely over the moon. Honestly, very few of the things I got are really unique in my collection.

omgitzstephanie

Quote:
Originally Posted by only1angel
but now I found out how to sheer the lippies out
yes.gif
Putting balm/chapstick/whatever on before the lippie really made them work for me- including Ever Hip, which was way too orange by itself! But I must say. I'm slowly falling for it
th_LMAO.gif
This one might just stay home with me hahahaha.

devil.gif
th_devil.gif
th_remoteImage-61.gif
Mission Completed.

lol.gif

PeachTwist

Do any of the UK girls know when this is coming out here? There are a couple things I'd like to get so I need to save in advance.
smiles.gif