MAC Give me Liberty of London Discussion

Susanne

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss QQ
We should enjoy the makeup we have. I think the lesson is to spend within your means. An occasional impulse buy is all right, I guess, although I think we should only buy what we will use. Sometimes I get stressed with the amount of makeup I have, and I worry that I can never finish using them. However, I don't spend a lot of my money on eating out or entertainment, and I can keep the makeup I buy and when I look at them, I feel happy.
yes.gif

Susanne, I'm hoping we can see your collection in The Traincase after you get them organised.
winks.gif

Yes, when everything will be gone fine with my move I will share pics with you of my stash & storage
yes.gif
I hope it will be around August.

LMD84

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susanne
Yes, when everything will be gone fine with my move I will share pics with you of my stash & storage
yes.gif
I hope it will be around August.

we'll look forward to it!
smiles.gif

misha5150

Quote:
Originally Posted by InspiredBlue
How great wouldn't it be to have one of those Liberty piggy banks from Target for this purpose?
smiles.gif

YES! I saw the piggy banks in Target yesterday and they come in all kinds of colors! I just might pick one up today!
th_LMAO.gif

Face2Mac

Prim and Proper is too ashy on my skin. It is making my cheeks look dry. I don't have a plethora of Satin blushes so maybe I just don't like the finish. So disappointed, it was so beautiful the first night until I see it in direct sunlight, now.

RayanaBanana, yes the front is raised.

elegant-one

Got my Petals & Peacocks
smiles.gif

It is lovely on! It is different on than Gladiola which shows up a little bit deeper on me. P&P is more on the pink fuchsia side with great texture. Sheer, it is stunning.

Can't wait until my Bough Grey comes - prolly tomorrow
girlhaha.gif

shontay07108

Quote:
Originally Posted by Face2Mac
Prim and Proper is too ashy on my skin. It is making my cheeks look dry. I don't have a plethora of Satin blushes so maybe I just don't like the finish. So disappointed, it was so beautiful the first night until I see it in direct sunlight, now.

RayanaBanana, yes the front is raised.

Aww, I'm sad you don't like it. It's my favorite Mac blush. You're not that much darker than me right? I have a lot of yellow in my skin so maybe that's why it works for me.
th_dunno.gif

Oooh snap! I'm a Senior Valued Member now.
th_star.gif
dapimp.gif
party.gif

jaclynashley

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsWestchesterNY
I'm so excited, I was on my way to MAC to pick up some more LOL goodies, when I stopped by Target, and got some LOL goodies, but forgot to go to MAC!! How cute! the MAC LOL stuff is on top, how lovely it all blends in with each other
smiles.gif

1zpqlbt.jpg

Aww how cute!
I bought the same Piggy Bank, it's darling!
heart.gif

You could put face charts in the binder or maybe MAC post cards?

Winthrop44

Got my Bough Grey. I really love it! I usually can't wear blues or teals at all, and on me this looks like a very wearable dusty teal grey.

Babylard

Quote:
Originally Posted by jazm1n3s
Anybody used Birds & Berries on the crease?
I did a look today with Smoke & Diamonds on the lid, B&B on the crease/outer corner. The combination looks gorgeous, but after I blend B&B, the teal/blue color faded and left me with just a boring dark shadow
ssad.gif
I didn't even blend it that much.

I think a better description for B&B is a dark grey (???) color with teal/blue shimmers. I was really really hoping the teal shows in the crease. Any suggestions, anybody?

yeah i had this same problem! but i think my brush was saturated with other dark colors. maybe pat some parrot or strike a pose in the mix?

Quote:
Originally Posted by only1angel
tong.gif
th_LMAO.gif
th_LMAO.gif

choochoo.gif
I LOVE THIS SAYING!!! That's one of the greatest quotes ever hahahaha!!!
cutey.gif
I'm going to use this one with my best friend who thinks I'm crazy and doesn't get the whole MAC craze! She smokes like you wouldn't believe- then bugs me about spending too much on makeup!!!!
angry.gif
th_LMAO.gif

You know- I may have impulse buys and what not- but by the end of the day I'm happy with what I got and will always LOVE MY MAC!!!!

It's a very wise saying indeed! My father smokes and drinks coffee everyday. It is a routinely expense. It's not fair that other people judge us for spending so much money on makeup that we love and makeup that makes us feel better without hurting ourselves like drugs, alcohol, and cigarettes.

You tell her to keep with her cancer sticks, and we'll keep with our lipsticks.
mac_addict.gif

banana1234

i have just given up smoking, 2 weeks ago, i cheated today and had one... but one in 2 weeks isnt that bad right? as long as i dont get back into the habit, i must be on my best behaviour again.

maybe if i dont have a ciggie for a month i can buy myself some mac as a reward!

Susanne

Quote:
Originally Posted by banana1234
i have just given up smoking, 2 weeks ago, i cheated today and had one... but one in 2 weeks isnt that bad right? as long as i dont get back into the habit, i must be on my best behaviour again.

maybe if i dont have a ciggie for a month i can buy myself some mac as a reward!

thmbup.gif

Babylard

Quote:

keep up the good work!

shadowaddict

Quote:

choochoo.gif
Good for you for quitting.

I think that's a great idea.
mac_haul.gif
MAC is a great reward because it's not using food as a reward which a lot of people do and then gain weight and go back to cigs. I quit smoking more than 22 yrs ago and so glad I did. Putting aside health issues it's just too freakin expensive to smoke these days.

I was just thinking the other day I should use MAC as a reward system to myself when I stick to my healthy eating plan. I'm trying to cut out a lot of processed foods, carbs, and sugar and eat more organic items.

Good Luck, it's worth it!!

stv578

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winthrop44
Got my Bough Grey. I really love it! I usually can't wear blues or teals at all, and on me this looks like a very wearable dusty teal grey.

Okay, there was a time that we seemed to both prefer similar colours! But I tried Bough Grey today, and I'm really not liking it. It just isn't working with my skintone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susanne
Can you stop talking about dusty grey teal smokey eye looks until I will get my order in three weeks??
tong.gif

lol.gif
I guess when the colour involved is teal, it must be even more difficult to wait!

banana1234

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowaddict
choochoo.gif
Good for you for quitting.

I think that's a great idea.
mac_haul.gif
MAC is a great reward because it's not using food as a reward which a lot of people do and then gain weight and go back to cigs. I quit smoking more than 22 yrs ago and so glad I did. Putting aside health issues it's just too freakin expensive to smoke these days.

I was just thinking the other day I should use MAC as a reward system to myself when I stick to my healthy eating plan. I'm trying to cut out a lot of processed foods, carbs, and sugar and eat more organic items.

i've also been on a diet for 2 months now and have lost a stone so far, i will def not be tempted to eat food instead of having my ciggies, mac and shoes only please! hehe

no point buying clothes if they arent going to fit in a couple months too, so i'm going to wait til i lose more pounds!
smiles.gif

back on topic though: i cant wait to get shell pearl and blooming lovely

elegant-one

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowaddict

yes.gif
Thats a great idea. I did the same thing this past couple of years - cutting out most carbs, sugar & eating healthy & organic foods. I also work out everyday. Honestly I am in better shape at 50 than when I was 18.

Makeup is a lovely reward
smiles.gif

elegant-one

Quote:
mac and shoes only please! hehe

girlhaha.gif
instead of mac & cheese - MAC & shoes

Blooming lovely is lovely

banana1234

Quote:
Originally Posted by elegant-one