MAC Give me Liberty of London Discussion

Boasorte

hmm I don't give myself limits, mainly because I don't buy much from each collections. I do try not to get things that I may not reach for often like in the case of Birds n Berries and Dames Desire. There are more unique purples, and I feel like Teal pigment and Blue Sorcery MES, both which I haven't used in a while, will suffice.

jazm1n3s

I was playing with my B&B e/s over different bases, and thought I would post them.

IMG_0568-1.jpg

Top - Over NYX Milk Jumbo Pencil, over a dark grey eyeliner, over L'oreal HIP eyeliner in Green Flash
Bottom - No base, over TFSI

I also found it's MUCH better if used wet. It really brings out the teal. HTH!
winks.gif

jpohrer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jazm1n3s
Anybody used Birds & Berries on the crease?
I did a look today with Smoke & Diamonds on the lid, B&B on the crease/outer corner. The combination looks gorgeous, but after I blend B&B, the teal/blue color faded and left me with just a boring dark shadow
ssad.gif
I didn't even blend it that much.

I think a better description for B&B is a dark grey (???) color with teal/blue shimmers. I was really really hoping the teal shows in the crease. Any suggestions, anybody?

It looks pretty when I pat it on the lid, over a dark base, though. Even my friend who doesn't understand makeup complimented me on it.

You could try layering it on top of Plumage!

Susanne

Girls, enjoy what you have!!

I still say: I don't smoke. I can spend at least the money on MAC other people are spending on cigarettes!
winks.gif

I can't wait to move and organize my makeup new in the Malm vanity table and the Alex drawer from Ikea which I already bought
blush-anim-cl.gif

misha5150

Quote:
Originally Posted by jazm1n3s
Anybody used Birds & Berries on the crease?
I did a look today with Smoke & Diamonds on the lid, B&B on the crease/outer corner. The combination looks gorgeous, but after I blend B&B, the teal/blue color faded and left me with just a boring dark shadow
ssad.gif
I didn't even blend it that much.

I think a better description for B&B is a dark grey (???) color with teal/blue shimmers. I was really really hoping the teal shows in the crease. Any suggestions, anybody?

It looks pretty when I pat it on the lid, over a dark base, though. Even my friend who doesn't understand makeup complimented me on it.

I did a look with Smoke & Diamonds (my FAVORITE BTW) with Strike a Pose the other day but had SAP in the outer corner V and noticed that when I blended it, it damn near dissappeared.
angry.gif
So I just added a little bit more on the outer V and LIGHTLY blended the outer edge into the crease and it gave me a better look. I was reading that Delft p/p really brings out Birds&Berries so you can use that if you want it to stand out more also. But I guess that you would need to use that on the lid.
th_dunno.gif
But I find that just adding a touch more of B&B/SAP and softly blending out the edges only will leave more color on. HTH!!
yes.gif

misha5150

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susanne

I still say: I don't smoke. I can spend at least the money on MAC other people are spending on cigarettes!
winks.gif

I just quit smoking too and I put all the money that I would have spent on a $6 pack of smokes 3-4 times a week into my newly founded MAC piggy bank and I'm such a happier girl!!! LMAO!!
th_LMAO.gif

TeresitaMC

Quote:
Originally Posted by cocodivatime
Yeah, thats why I was saying it may vary on different skintones. For me they are total dupes.
yes.gif
I'm an NC44/ BE Tan

Thank you so much for this! I was going to take B&B off my list because I have Jinx, however I see lighter skintones saying it is different on them? I am lighter than you as well, so now I am unsure once again
lol.gif

I'd love to see a swatch on lighter skintones if possible! Any takers?
greengrin.gif
lol.gif

InspiredBlue

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsWestchesterNY
I'm so excited, I was on my way to MAC to pick up some more LOL goodies, when I stopped by Target, and got some LOL goodies, but forgot to go to MAC!! How cute! the MAC LOL stuff is on top, how lovely it all blends in with each other
smiles.gif

1zpqlbt.jpg

Ooh! I love the look of that binder. If we had Target here, I'd be all over it. I have a slight addiction to pretty office supplies, you see.
greengrin.gif

InspiredBlue

Quote:
Originally Posted by misha5150
I just quit smoking too and I put all the money that I would have spent on a $6 pack of smokes 3-4 times a week into my newly founded MAC piggy bank and I'm such a happier girl!!! LMAO!!
th_LMAO.gif

How great wouldn't it be to have one of those Liberty piggy banks from Target for this purpose?
smiles.gif

Miss QQ

Thanks for the comparison swatches for Prim & Proper. I see the pink in it too!
love.gif

Quote:

winks.gif

I can't wait to move and organize my makeup new in the Malm vanity table and the Alex drawer from Ikea which I already bought
blush-anim-cl.gif

iagree.gif
We should enjoy the makeup we have. I think the lesson is to spend within your means. An occasional impulse buy is all right, I guess, although I think we should only buy what we will use. Sometimes I get stressed with the amount of makeup I have, and I worry that I can never finish using them. However, I don't spend a lot of my money on eating out or entertainment, and I can keep the makeup I buy and when I look at them, I feel happy.
yes.gif

Susanne, I'm hoping we can see your collection in The Traincase after you get them organised.
winks.gif

LMD84

Quote:

winks.gif

blush-anim-cl.gif

yes! this is what i say to people also! i don't drink much either so it's rare i buy alcohol which also saves lots of money!
smiles.gif

only1angel

Quote:
Originally Posted by omgitzstephanie
devil.gif
th_devil.gif
th_remoteImage-61.gif
Mission Completed.

lol.gif

tong.gif
th_LMAO.gif
th_LMAO.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeresitaMC
Thank you so much for this! I was going to take B&B off my list because I have Jinx, however I see lighter skintones saying it is different on them? I am lighter than you as well, so now I am unsure once again
lol.gif

I'd love to see a swatch on lighter skintones if possible! Any takers?
greengrin.gif
lol.gif

I'm NW20 and getting my Book of shadows vol II in the mail (in a few hrs
th_DANCE.gif
) so I'll let you know once I compare the two!
winks.gif

Quote:

winks.gif

choochoo.gif
I LOVE THIS SAYING!!! That's one of the greatest quotes ever hahahaha!!!
cutey.gif
I'm going to use this one with my best friend who thinks I'm crazy and doesn't get the whole MAC craze! She smokes like you wouldn't believe- then bugs me about spending too much on makeup!!!!
angry.gif
th_LMAO.gif

You know- I may have impulse buys and what not- but by the end of the day I'm happy with what I got and will always LOVE MY MAC!!!!

lovesongx

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeachTwist
Do any of the UK girls know when this is coming out here? There are a couple things I'd like to get so I need to save in advance.
smiles.gif

I think the 1st of April? Not positive on that though, collections are usually released online a few days before counters but I can't see it going on before 1st April. It might even be the 8th April because of Easter
th_dunno.gif

I'm trying to build my makeup collection so hopefully after this summer I will have enough to last me and won't need to splurge on new collections every month. I've been neglecting my wardrobe since I got into MAC!

Boasorte

Quote:
Originally Posted by InspiredBlue
Ooh! I love the look of that binder. If we had Target here, I'd be all over it. I have a slight addiction to pretty office supplies, you see.
greengrin.gif

I never knew I did too until I saw this binder! HAven't even used a binder since the 10th grade! LOL

Quote:

winks.gif

*high five* to all the non smokers in here. Gross habit.

LMD84

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesongx
I think the 1st of April? Not positive on that though, collections are usually released online a few days before counters but I can't see it going on before 1st April. It might even be the 8th April because of Easter
th_dunno.gif

i am thinking it's more likely to be the 8th of april because of Easter
smiles.gif

soveryfabulous

I can't believe how fast this thread is growing, it's hard to keep up with everything!

I made 2 different trips to MAC for this collection. The 2nd trip was influenced by all the lovely pictures I saw on here! In the end, I ended up with all the lipsticks, Birds & Berries and Bough Grey e/s and Prim & Proper blush. I already had Shell Pearl from when it was released with the Sundressing collection.

I'm having trouble with the colour payoff of Bough Grey but am hoping to make it work by experimenting with different bases or something. I actually passed on this at first because of how badly it swatched but went back for it after I was hearing raves about it on here.

I can't believe I almost didn't get Peachstock though! Bought it with my 2nd haul. It's such a perfect nude colour on me. I didn't pay much attention to it until I saw a picture of it on someone's lips and knew I had to have it.

I posted swatches of all the lipsticks in the swatch thread if anyone's interested.
smiles.gif

jenntoz

yikes! I finally got a chance to to try on Peachstock & it really looks like crap on me
nope.gif
I guess I'll use it as a base for l/g's & hope that works cause I really don't want to return it