MAC Give me Liberty of London Discussion

bis

Quote:
Originally Posted by macgirl3121
Agreed. I used it on a client yesterday. She dubbed it a "grown and sexy blue". Very office friendly. She just sent me a message that she got 4 compliments on the color today. It's a winner. Gonna get a b/u for sure.

I am really a no-backups kind of girl, but I can understand everyone getting a backup of this.
Very well done, MAC.

On thw other hand, BL is not too different on me from LW, but I like the texture of BL a lot better.

purrtykitty

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlamYOURUs
Am I the only one that really doesn't like Blue India? :

I haven't tried mine, yet. It's in my giant box of new nail polishes that need to be tried. Looks pretty in the bottle, though!

GlamYOURUs

Quote:
Originally Posted by purrtykitty
I haven't tried mine, yet. It's in my giant box of new nail polishes that need to be tried. Looks pretty in the bottle, though!

I love bold colors but this one doesn't really do it for me. Its such a dull looking blue to me. lol So I don't get the hype really. But hey to each their own. Bright or dark bold colors tickle my fancy.

Shadowy Lady

I've been using prim n proper blush topped with Shell pearl pretty much everyday since I got them, def HG combo for me
yes.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlamYOURUs
Am I the only one that really doesn't like Blue India? :

hehe u prob are
winkiss.gif
I love unique looking colours so this is right up my alley. I have a very large np stash and none look like Blue India.

MzzRach

I just got my order with Petals & Peacocks and Bough Grey that completes all my purchases from this collection.

LOVE Bough Grey. This will get lots of use, so versatile!

Petals & Peacocks - this I am very unsure about. Show Orchid is much more flattering on me - P&P has a strong blue/violet undertone to it that is not working for me. It's gorgeous, just not for me, I think.....another reason why I skipped Blooming Lovely, the lavendar/violet undertones on lip products just do not suit me.

Flaminbird

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sass
The only thing I got from this collection was Birds and Berries e/s. I don't have the dupe from Starflash so I got this one. It's beautiful and is unlike anything else I have. Going to wait for the CCO to get in the beauty powder so I can get the special compact to put my blot powders in.

And I couldn't B2M for any eyeshadows in this collection either.

Would you happen to know how long it takes CCO's to get the collections from MAC? I've been wondering so I can know when to start looking at the ones near me.

DancingBrave

I ended up getting Blooming Lovely l/s, Blue India n/l, and Bough Grey e/s.

I'll be be returning or swapping Blooming Lovely. Just does not work on my mixed NC 42 skin. It makes my teeth look sooooo yellow. Not cute.
nope.gif

Love Blue India--though I will say it hasn't worn as well as some other brands for me. Not bad though. I painted on Sunday and was chip free until thursday. I didn't take it off until Saturday though, so it wasn't awful.

I haven't used Bough Grey yet, but it looks promising. . . I'm pretty excited.
graucho.gif

My mall was having a sale so I got it all for 15% off too!
choochoo.gif
Not too bad.

Off topic: while I was there rummaging thru the drawers, I found a MOTHERLOAD of Gilt By Association
drools.gif
, lots of the cremeblend blushes, the DSquared grease sticks, Viva Glam Cyndi, and tooons of other stuff. They even had a few Naked liners!

GlamYOURUs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadowy Lady
I've been using prim n proper blush topped with Shell pearl pretty much everyday since I got them, def HG combo for me
yes.gif

hehe u prob are
winkiss.gif
I love unique looking colours so this is right up my alley. I have a very large np stash and none look like Blue India.

I have a large stash too but idk, I guess the blue wasn't bright enough for me to love. It is different, I will give you that. But I like feminine colors.

coachkitten

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flaminbird
Would you happen to know how long it takes CCO's to get the collections from MAC? I've been wondering so I can know when to start looking at the ones near me.

It usually takes 3 months or so before you start seeing products from a collection at the CCO. At least that is how it is at mine. We just got a whole bunch of the holiday 09 stuff.

purrtykitty

Blue India is definitely unique in my collection. I probably only have 4 or 5 other blues, and 2 of them are navy. I just don't do blue cosmetics, polish or otherwise. I think BI drew me in because it's that greyed, vintage-y, subdued color. If it were bright blue, I'd have totally skipped it.

GlamQueen21

Today I ordered Bough Grey e/s off of Bloomingdales' website!! Only thing left to purchase is English Accents l/g and I'm officially finished with this collection.

MissCrystal

Blooming lovley, peachstock and ever hip are all sold on the canadian site ...

This collection is selling out so fast ..

Face2Mac

Quote:
Originally Posted by elegant-one
But the colors aren't really new - just repackaged
ssad.gif

Probably trying to get rid of what they couldn't sell. But this thing was like from a year ago, weird.
th_dunno.gif

iheartangE

I keep thinking I'm done with this collection and then I go get something else! First I got Blooming Lovely, then I ordered Bough Grey...this weekend I picked up Peachstock and NOW I'm wanting Birds and Berries something terrible! I wish I could say I'll be strong but something tells me there's another mall trip in my future...