MAC Give me Liberty of London Discussion

Juxtapose

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlamQueen21
^The TRIP palettes!!!!!! Finally we get to purchase them online instead at the airports like last year!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlamQueen21
^true and I've never purchased the TRIP palettes before and probably will sometime as well as the lip bags!

Dang! I was desperately wanting the neutral one. I'm literally just about out of my Say Yeah! shadow that came out a few years ago, and I ran out of Sable a while ago--one of my staples. I dunno if I want to chance it being at the CCO, I might have to grab this one
smiles.gif
Thanks for the notice!

Civies

I haven't hauled much from this collection like I wanted to because I went crazy shopping instead
love.gif

I hope not much will be sold out by next Monday, I've been to a few counters and Shell Pearl is sold out almost everywhere already
ssad.gif

abbyquack

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlamYOURUs
Am I the only one that really doesn't like Blue India? :

I'm a little underwhelmed by it myself. It is an interesting color but I just bought so many dang polishes over the past couple weeks that I think I like better (namely CG's Up&Away polishes- dang they're so pretty!).
th_dunno.gif

GlamYOURUs

Quote:
Originally Posted by abbyquack
I'm a little underwhelmed by it myself. It is an interesting color but I just bought so many dang polishes over the past couple weeks that I think I like better (namely CG's Up&Away polishes- dang they're so pretty!).
th_dunno.gif

lol You too??? I bought the entire Up & Away collection haha I love it!
Im into NP right now. I bought some OPI too. So that is probably why Blue India doesn't stike us hard bc we have found better colors.
tong.gif

only1angel

I miss a few days, and then I have SO much catching up to do lol
th_LMAO.gif
How's everyone enjoying their hauls? I ended up returning Blue India, Peachstock and Blooming Lovely. But I'm LOVING what I did keep- although I'm still SO SO on Shell Pearl lol. It doesn't seem to make a difference with or without, but I'm still going to keep it and make it work since it's sold out and I don't want to regret getting rid of it.

Teresita- sorry about the swatches, I will get them up tomorrow! I'm sorry, but what else did you want me to compare Birds & Berries with besides Jinx? I can't find the page where you mentioned it.
th_dunno.gif

I just posted my Give Me Liberty of London tutorial video on my youtube page if you guys want to check it out! Don't forget to comment, rate & subscribe
greengrin.gif

teeezyy

prim & proper blush is now my all time favorite. are there any permanent mac blushes that are about the same color?

Flaminbird

Quote:
Originally Posted by coachkitten
It usually takes 3 months or so before you start seeing products from a collection at the CCO. At least that is how it is at mine. We just got a whole bunch of the holiday 09 stuff.

Thanks! I was at the "dumpy" CCO at Potomac Mills last week and they didnt have any holiday stuff yet. The Leesburg one usually has a lot more items so I may go up there this week. Ironically the dumpy one is the one that had the Mont Black
tong.gif
. I call it dumpy because it hardly ever has anything good there
ssad.gif

macgirl3121

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlamYOURUs
I love bold colors but this one doesn't really do it for me. Its such a dull looking blue to me. lol So I don't get the hype really. But hey to each their own. Bright or dark bold colors tickle my fancy.

The color is different out of the bottle to me. I'd describe it as a dusty demin blue with gray tones. If you like bright, they will see you coming colors, then this is not for you. My client loved it because while it is blue, it's definately "office friendly" and would likely not compete with anything that she is wearing. It's certainly an interesting blue that I have not seen before. Typically she goes for dark vampy colors. She got 4 compliments yesterday in Blue India though. I'll probably gonna put it on myself this week and I rarely wear polish.

Ggxox

Quote:
Originally Posted by LMD84
woo! i hope it's ten days for us uk guys too!
yes.gif

Yes indeedy! I'm so excited. I must cut back my wishlit though, it's getting out of control! I have to keep telling myself that I don't NEED that scarf!

xoxo

MzzRach

Wearing Bough Grey today and loving it! It looks wonderful with Paradisco, BTW.

Petals & Peacocks is going back, I'm afraid. It's just not worth keeping - does not work on me, too purple. I'll stick to Show Orchid.
yes.gif

lovesongx

My list for when LOL is released in the UK (soon, yay!):
Lipstick in Petals & Peacocks, Blooming Lovely and Ever Hip
Lipglass in Perennial High Style
Eyeshadows in Birds & Berries and Bough Grey

Might also get Lipglass in English Accents depending on how scary the total is, Art Supplies is coming out on the same day
mac_haul.gif

Susanne

Quote:
Originally Posted by MzzRach
Wearing Bough Grey today and loving it! It looks wonderful with Paradisco, BTW.

Petals & Peacocks is going back, I'm afraid. It's just not worth keeping - does not work on me, too purple. I'll stick to Show Orchid.
yes.gif

I haven't worn Paradisco for ages! I will definitely try these two together! Sounds like a great alternative to grey and teal
yes.gif

TeresitaMC

Quote:
Originally Posted by only1angel
Teresita- sorry about the swatches, I will get them up tomorrow! I'm sorry, but what else did you want me to compare Birds & Berries with besides Jinx? I can't find the page where you mentioned it.
th_dunno.gif

Aww, don't worry! No need to apologize
smiles.gif
The other colour I was suggesting to be mixed with Jinx is Flipside. They are right beside eachother
smiles.gif

I'm unable to physically compare but I've still made this my reason to skip B&B
greengrin.gif

only1angel

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeresitaMC
Aww, don't worry! No need to apologize
smiles.gif
The other colour I was suggesting to be mixed with Jinx is Flipside. They are right beside eachother
smiles.gif

I'm unable to physically compare but I've still made this my reason to skip B&B
greengrin.gif

Okay I just swatched them for you!
graucho.gif
You want the good news or the bad news first???
th_LMAO.gif

The bad news- Jinx and B&B are completely different! Jinx is more blue toned while B&B has a greenish tint to it. I mixed Jinx and Flipside, and while it is almost close to B&B, it is still much lighter. Because Jinx and Flipside are so shimmery, it's when you get out in the light that makes the blue pop out more- making them different from B&B!

Good news- I came up with a SUPER CLOSE dupe for you
tong.gif

I mixed Flipside, Jinx AND Misdemeanor!!!! It is almost an exact match!!! I'm going to put up swatches for you right now!!!!.........

shontay07108

I think the the appeal of Blue India is it's truly different. In the bottle it may seem similar to other blues, but there's a greenish gray cast to it when applied on the fingers. This is just an awesome color.

only1angel

Okay, here are the swatches. I tried taking the pics in different lighting.

First swatch from the left is mixed- Flipside, Misdemeanor, then to add the bluish tint to make it close to B&B, I topped it off with a layer of Jinx

Second is Birds & Berries

Third is Jinx

Last swatch is Jinx+Flipside

IMG_7132.jpg

IMG_7142.jpg

IMG_7148.jpg