MAC Give me Liberty of London Discussion

Pinky & Poodle

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiss
Oops I got Jinx mixed up with Flipside which is more teal. I swatched them all today and the closest mac dupe I could find for Jinx is Freshwater, a super pretty bright dark blue which is also perm. It's nothing like moons reflection though which is a dusty light blue pastely shimmery color if that makes sense.

Thank you! Freshwater is already on my wishlist
smiles.gif

PinkBasset

Someone that has Strike A Pose - did you get Birds&Berries? Do you think it is different enough to have both? I know this has been discussed already, but I'm still not sure whether to get B&B or not since I have SAP. Does it look different when worn? Thanks in advance if somebody could help me with this!
smiles.gif

Boasorte

Quote:
Originally Posted by iheartangE
I just ordered Birds and Berries! Now I am OFFICIALLY done with this collection
smiles.gif
Can't wait til it gets here!

Me too girl, me too. No more LE buying until To the Beach.

Also I have no idea why, but Blue India looks better on my toes than my fingers
th_dunno.gif

Susanne

Quote:
Originally Posted by PinkBasset
Someone that has Strike A Pose - did you get Birds&Berries? Do you think it is different enough to have both? I know this has been discussed already, but I'm still not sure whether to get B&B or not since I have SAP. Does it look different when worn? Thanks in advance if somebody could help me with this!
smiles.gif

Yes!
smiles.gif

purplerinne

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susanne
Yes!
smiles.gif

explain please....it's the reason why I haven't bought B&B yet...i have SAP and I hardly use it....

SmokeSignal16

Quote:
Yes!
smiles.gif

Well that just sealed it for me then, just got it online! I would go instore and get it but I'm a bit under the weather so I'm just going to sleep this cold off hopefully.

shontay07108

This is one of my least fave collections in a while, have to say. I should've stopped with A Different Groove, Prim and Proper and Blue India. Kinda upset I bought English Accents. Maybe that's making me bitter. LOL

cougargirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by LMD84
thanks hun! and yes i agree.... i keep wavering on it but deep down i know it must be ordered!
tong.gif

Your welcome! I understand the purple addiction. I am like a bug to a bright light with all things purple. I am just drawn to them. (Such a bad excuse, I know.....)

I finally used Dames Desire and Bough Grey. While Dames Desire is not unique as predicted, I think it is really pretty, especially if you love purples. It also wears nicely. On my pale skin, it shows quite well. It is very bright and pigmented. Bough grey wears nicely on me as well. I also think it will look more blue-based depending on the shades that you pair it with. I decided to wear it with Dames Desire on the inner third, Birds and Berries on the middle third, and Bough Grey on the outer V and crease with Shroom as a highlighter. It worked quite well as a spring look. I rather enjoyed it since I tried it on a whim.

I think I am finally almost done with this collection. I am just torn on the lip portion of the collection. I decided against them when I saw them in person, but I keep having second thoughts. For those who have purchased the lipglasses, are they as milky as they appear? I am a little worried about them building up in the lines of my lips. The thought of that really freaks me out. Thanks!

cougargirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by shontay07108
This is one of my least fave collections in a while, have to say. I should've stopped with A Different Groove, Prim and Proper and Blue India. Kinda upset I bought English Accents. Maybe that's making me bitter. LOL

I prefer darker lip colors, so I don't think I'd be too crazy about English Accents either. I didn't even look at that one because bright pink lips (on myself) kind of scares me. You are braver than I am for trying. Of course, three things you like out of four isn't too bad as long as you're really, really happy with the three.

meToo

honestly, i love love love the lipglasses in this collection. I have soooo many others but find these unique enough and pretty enough to be worth the purchase. I love the softness of them for spring.

Susanne

Quote:
Originally Posted by purplerinne
explain please....it's the reason why I haven't bought B&B yet...i have SAP and I hardly use it....

So far I only have Strike A Pose, I will get Birds & Berries probably next week.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iheartmakeup
Swatches- without a base

Top-Bottom:
Dame’s desire
Birds & Berries
Give me liberty of London
Bough grey
Free to be

liberty3.jpg

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngelBunny

LovethatLookswatches2.jpg

Birds & Berries seems to be a bit darker and more teal/green. I guess it will look awesome with greys, teals and black. It is a Veluxe Pearl!

Strike A Pose is more blue-based. I use it with blues like Freshwater or Deep Truth.

But I guess you also must love these colours!

purplerinne

Quote:
So far I only have Strike A Pose, I will get Birds & Berries probably next week.

Birds & Berries seems to be a bit darker and more teal/green. I guess it will look awesome with greys, teals and black. It is a Veluxe Pearl!

Strike A Pose is more blue-based. I use it with blues like Freshwater or Deep Truth.

But I guess you also must love these colours!

I love teals...but for now i'll pass.....let's see how long that lasts LOL

*JJ*

for those who bought english accents: what's the color pay off like? is it opaque or rather sheer?

GlamYOURUs

Quote:
Originally Posted by *JJ*
for those who bought english accents: what's the color pay off like? is it opaque or rather sheer?

Opaque. It kinda sinks into lines but wear it with a lipstick and you should be fine!

Shypo

I am returning Petals and Peacocks and Blooming Lovely - they look just awful on me! I cannot make them work at all -

So sad......
ssad.gif

Boasorte

Quote:
Originally Posted by *JJ*

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlamYOURUs
Opaque. It kinda sinks into lines but wear it with a lipstick and you should be fine!

agreed best worn with a lipstick. I got tired of it after a couple of days so I gave it to my little cousin

MzzRach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shypo
I am returning Petals and Peacocks and Blooming Lovely - they look just awful on me! I cannot make them work at all -

So sad......
ssad.gif

P&P was terrible on me as well. Sad, because it is so gorgeous. But not worth holding onto something if one cannot wear it.