MAC Give me Liberty of London Discussion

ButterflyDior77

They restocked the lipsticks in this collection as well as the e/s's that were out of stock on the website.

I am thinking if I should get a back up of "Ever hip" l/s but am thinking mac puts out a lot of LE corals and I have so many lipsticks I probably wouldn't use the one I have for a long while anyways... hmm what to do...

I am surprised they restocked this collection and the lipsticks in the spring forecast collection. Is this normal for MAC to do for LE collections? As I have only followed MAC for a year now, so I don't know what is normal...But until now I haven't seen them restock LE collections and they've only done the lipsticks in the Color Forecast collection...Does anyone know why? Is it due to the spring collection being available for a longer time than most collections they put out so they restock? or what?
Sorry if that sounded dumb lol.

Civies

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadowy Lady
I so regret not getting Birds and Berries e/s....seriously what's wrong with me???

It's still available on the Canadian site and a lot of counters around me aren't sold out of it either

sailordom

I'm even newer to MAC than you are, but it sounds like they're adjusting how they handle supply.

My understanding is that they were hurt last year by lots of extra LE product because of the economic downturn. It seems like they're trying to get a handle on how much stock is needed.

Plus, it can't hurt, hype-wise, to have "hot" products that sell out. As we saw with Ripe Peach, sometimes it just makes products hotter if they're hard to find. But, of course, you don't want to push that too far, because you don't want to sell a lot less than you could have.
yes.gif

GlamQueen21

I'm still debating if I want English Accents l/g. I'm also trying to resist Shell Pearl BP and it's not helping lol I'm on a very tight budget right now.

meToo

Quote:
Originally Posted by ButterflyDior77
They restocked the lipsticks in this collection as well as the e/s's that were out of stock on the website.

I am surprised they restocked this collection and the lipsticks in the spring forecast collection. Is this normal for MAC to do for LE collections?

It's not normal for them to do this. not at all. I think I've only seen it one other time in the years I've been collecting and that was within the past year, too. Quite a surprise.

ButterflyDior77

Quote:
Originally Posted by meToo
It's not normal for them to do this. not at all. I think I've only seen it one other time in the years I've been collecting and that was within the past year, too. Quite a surprise.

That's what I figured. Well it is good because I just ordered Petals and Peacocks and English Accents ... I was going to get these a week ago, but then saw they were out of stock, so I figured it would save me money for another collection, but hey why not take advantage of this rare chance. Thank U MAC lol

I was thinking of getting "Blooming Lovely," however I am not a big fan of the idea of lilac infused cool pink lipsticks. It would be a color I would wear once in awhile, like I do with colored e/s. However I thought "English Accents" l/g was a more wearable lilac pink, and I could make this one work better for me. I mean I wanted to give the lilac-pink lip colors that people rave about, so *crosses fingers* on the l/g formulation making it more wearable.
smiles.gif

LMD84

Quote:
Originally Posted by sailordom
I'm even newer to MAC than you are, but it sounds like they're adjusting how they handle supply.

My understanding is that they were hurt last year by lots of extra LE product because of the economic downturn. It seems like they're trying to get a handle on how much stock is needed.

Plus, it can't hurt, hype-wise, to have "hot" products that sell out. As we saw with Ripe Peach, sometimes it just makes products hotter if they're hard to find. But, of course, you don't want to push that too far, because you don't want to sell a lot less than you could have.
yes.gif

yes i agree with all of this, i think that's what they are doing this year too by the looks of things!

Hypathya

So finally this is in Mexico!! It's not officially released, but it's here!!
th_DANCE.gif

It's going to be a "select locations exclusive collection" more precisely Palacio de Hierro's exclusive. PH is a luxury department store here in Mexico and not available throughout the country.
ssad.gif

But I have one within 15 min walk from home... It's in the same mall my PRO is. So no biggy.

Since it's going to be released on april 1st and I won't be here by then, I phoned to ask if they would be willing to sell it to me... happily they were.
yes.gif

Yesterday I went by and if I wasn't lucky enough to have it in advance, Chris even gave me the brand new testers. Both GLOL and Preped for Colour. Yay!!
th_DANCE.gif
yahoo.gif
th_DANCE.gif

So I ended with:

Birds and Berries,
love.gif

Dame's Desire,
Bough Grey,
Peachstock,
English Accents,
Blue India,
love.gif

Summer Rose,
and Shell Pearl!!!
drools.gif

And now I can go visit my parents peacefully!!!
lol.gif
lol.gif
lol.gif

Miss QQ

I got my GMLOL today!
th_happy1.gif
German and UK ladies, I can't believe GMLOL is launched here earlier than you. I'm surprised that it is launched today as I thought I would be getting it in April.
tong.gif
Ladies, don't worry, it is worth the wait!

I came back with
mac_haul.gif

Shell Pearl
Summer Rose
Prim & Proper
Perennial High Style
Petals & Peacocks
and Birds & Berries!

I love the collection. Prim & Proper is similar to Chanel Imprevu
heart.gif
, which is slightly more coppery and iridescent.

Shell Pearl and Summer Rose are pure love. SR is such a soft violet shade, and the best thing is I can wear it as a blush because it is pigmented enough!
love.gif
The blushes and BPBs reminds me of HK for some reason.
hellokitty.gif

I picked Petals & Peacocks over the other lipsticks, but I can't stop thinking about Blooming Lovely now. I tried Petals & Peacocks and Show Orchid on my lips and Show Orchid is brighter and more fuchsia while P&P is more purple. My counter does not have Riveting yet, but I will pick up Show Orchid when the stocks arrive.
yes.gif

I passed EA as the formula is thick although I like the colour. Blooming Lovely is still on my mind, and I prefer BL to EA. PHS is beautiful once I spread and sheer it out.

I see the green cast that you ladies talk about in Bough Grey!
winks.gif
I didn't buy Strike a pose and now I'm glad because B&B is gorgeous.

Finally, I can see why Blue India gets so much attention. The colour is unique and gorgeous on. Personally I'm not attracted to it because the shade is dull. I would buy it if it has those fine shimmers that Chanel n/l has because I like shiny things.

And I'm still thinking about BL.
smiles.gif

Hypathya

^ I was sure to get Prim and Proper until I swatched it!!
lol.gif

Funny because I found it to be exactly the same as Chanel Orchid Rose (Joues Contraste), that I was wearing yesterday. I swatched it besides P&P and found no difference
shockt.gif

You say it's just like Imprevu and as I have it also, I'm at peace for not getting P&P.
smiles.gif

Miss QQ

^^ Enjoy your GMLOL goodies! I don't have Orchid Rose. Not sure if my counters have it, but I will try it if I see it. I didn't swatch P&P and Imprevu side by side but P&P just reminded me of a less coppery Imprevu. I love MAC blushes in special packaging, so I have to get P&P.
tong.gif

This collection is location exclusive in my country too. Only two counters are getting it. I'm glad I'm fast because it will be sold out quickly.

jungleland

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss QQ

This collection is location exclusive in my country too. Only two counters are getting it. I'm glad I'm fast because it will be sold out quickly.

Only two counters!?!
Can you please tell me which one?

Thank you!
smiles.gif

heartbeam

Quote:

oh gosh would like to know which counter too! i can't believe they released it so early!!!
greengrin.gif

LMD84

Quote:
Originally Posted by InspiredBlue
Told ya I'd be last...
weeping.gif
It'll be at least a week, maybe two before I get the call from my MA.

the uk is still waiting too hun! don't worry
th_hug.gif
i'm pleased for you other guys though! great hauls!

Miss QQ

Quote:
Originally Posted by jungleland
Only two counters!?!
Can you please tell me which one?

Thank you!
smiles.gif

Tangs Vivocity and Tangs Orchard only. Hope you manage to get all that you want.
yes.gif

PeachTwist

I'm really not sure what to get.

I know I need B&B.. I think it's gorgeous, so that's a must. But nothing else is really going "GET ME!" to me.
ssad.gif

Susanne

Quote:
I got my GMLOL today!
th_happy1.gif
German and UK ladies, I can't believe GMLOL is launched here earlier than you. I'm surprised that it is launched today as I thought I would be getting it in April.
tong.gif
Ladies, don't worry, it is worth the wait!

Wow! Enjoy!!

Just a few more days to wait......
clap.gif