MAC Give me Liberty of London Discussion

Hypathya

Quote:
Originally Posted by InspiredBlue
Told ya I'd be last...
weeping.gif
It'll be at least a week, maybe two before I get the call from my MA.

th_cheerup.gif
Oh! Don't worry hun!
kissy.gif

I only got it first because I finally paid my MAC-dues, and now MA's at my counters really know me and know I leave town frequently. The collection is going to release in a week, on April 1st.

Maybe you could go to your counter a week in advance and ask very politely for the collection. They don't receive the goodies the very same day they launch, you know? And maybe you can get your haul sooner.
thmbup.gif

Hang on in there!! It's worth the wait.
kissy.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss QQ
^^ Enjoy your GMLOL goodies! I don't have Orchid Rose. Not sure if my counters have it, but I will try it if I see it. I didn't swatch P&P and Imprevu side by side but P&P just reminded me of a less coppery Imprevu. I love MAC blushes in special packaging, so I have to get P&P.
tong.gif

This collection is location exclusive in my country too. Only two counters are getting it. I'm glad I'm fast because it will be sold out quickly.

You too sweetie!!
winkiss.gif

Orchid Rose is in their regular line. I wish I could get P&P, but it is soo alike and I've been spending soo much lately, I just couldn't justify it.

Two counters only?? WOW you were lucky!!!
shockt.gif
Glad you got your goodies!!
th_DANCE.gif

Babylard

nc20-25 here. anyone finding primp and proper beyond a neutral blush? it looks a little redder and super warm on me than i'd like it to be o_O

LMD84

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babylard
nc20-25 here. anyone finding primp and proper beyond a neutral blush? it looks a little redder and super warm on me than i'd like it to be o_O

can't comment on your question but your avatar is super cute!
love.gif

kiss

Quote:

Yes, it is slightly pink!

Boasorte

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlamQueen21
I'm glad that everything is restocked on MAC's website!!! I'm going to purchase English Accents l/g later on today.

yooooo
How are they restocking LOL but didn't to Spring COlour Forcast???? What the hell MAC? I want my pigment stack u moddasuckas!
girl_devil.gif

shontay07108

I need Mac to restock Ripe Peach. I want it jut because I can't have it. Yeah, I said it. I have a similar blush but this thing is too elusive and I'm not paying the cost of 2 blushes on evilbay or even here. Come on Mac, SCF is waaay hotter than this collection.

Shypo

^^ Yes, it seems that given the wild popularity of RP they'd get a clue......who knows? Maybe we'll see it at the CCO in a couple of months....I was quite surprised at how much Hello Kitty stuff I was able to get a few months back - I never expected to be able to find some of the things I did, so we'll keep our fingers crossed.

I returned my Blooming Lovely and Petals and Peacocks today - wow, they looked horrible on me. WAY too much lavender. My lips are moderately pigmented, and my skintone is 'medium' on the fair side.....it was astonishing how bad they looked. Oh well, the glosses did fine, and I'm happy with my other bright fuchsias and Purple Rite. I'll stick to lavender on my eyes where it belongs
yes.gif

staceb1990

My bank account hurts, so I only ended up getting Prim and Proper blush. I have a feeling it'll be more like a bronzer on my skin though. Any NC/NW15 or lighter girls try it yet?

jungleland

Soo, I've got my haul:
Bough Grey
Dame Desire
Frankly Fresh
Prim & Proper

Blue India was sold out, but the MA told me that ther are waiting for another shipment in April. Yippie!!

And thank you Miss QQ for the heads up!
smiles.gif

Susanne

I.CANT.WAIT.
th_DANCE.gif
mac_boxday.gif

I have skipped Too Fabulous, Riveting and will skip Art Supplies - so it is time for a haul now, right?
winks.gif

Pinky & Poodle

This is a big one for me as well
smiles.gif

I only got Two Virtues from Too Fabulous and wont be getting anything till To the Beach, but my list for this collection is loooong!

Susanne

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinky & Poodle
This is a big one for me as well
smiles.gif

I only got Two Virtues from Too Fabulous and wont be getting anything till To the Beach, but my list for this collection is loooong!

iagree.gif

LMD84

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susanne
I.CANT.WAIT.
th_DANCE.gif
mac_boxday.gif

I have skipped Too Fabulous, Riveting and will skip Art Supplies - so it is time for a haul now, right?
winks.gif

yep, if you've skipped so much you are allowed to splurge on this collection!
tong.gif
i'm surprised your skipping art supplies though!i'm actually looking forward to that more than LOL!
smiles.gif

Anneri

Quote:
Originally Posted by LMD84
yep, if you've skipped so much you are allowed to splurge on this collection!
tong.gif
i'm surprised your skipping art supplies though!i'm actually looking forward to that more than LOL!
smiles.gif

Oh yes, me too!

Although it's strange how much this collection is growing on me - at first, I didn't want a thing, and now things are creeping on my list...
I'll get the n/p for sure, and maybe bough grey if the pigmentation is ok - and then I'm drawn to prim & proper and shell pearl because of the great reviews here - I've the feeling that I don't need them, but I'd love to have them! Same with dame's desire, petals & and peacocks and the l/gs...

eeksign.gif

I'm really trying to cut my list because of Art Supplies, and I've no idea where to start...
ssad.gif

Shadowy Lady

I ended up finding Birds n Berries at a counter i don't usually frequent. I bought it but I also had a bad customer service experience there. I now remember why I don't frequent that counter
ssad.gif

Quote:

I apply it with a powder blush coz I find it to be very pigmented. It shows up peachy on me, def on the warm side. NW25 here.

kpenn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadowy Lady
I ended up finding Birds n Berries at a counter i don't usually frequent. I bought it but I also had a bad customer service experience there. I now remember why I don't frequent that counter
ssad.gif

I apply it with a powder blush coz I find it to be very pigmented. It shows up peachy on me, def on the warm side. NW25 here.

Grrr I hate bad customer service! I had a bad experience about 3 weeks ago at a counter that I usually do not frequent and I decided to call head office. I had a free Espresso eyeshadow in the mail within the week. You should give it a try!

Shadowy Lady

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpenn
Grrr I hate bad customer service! I had a bad experience about 3 weeks ago at a counter that I usually do not frequent and I decided to call head office. I had a free Espresso eyeshadow in the mail within the week. You should give it a try!

I was thinking about it. I've never complained to MAC before but I just might. Honestly it's annoying when an SA makes you feel like u're bothering them when u wanna buy some products. She was lucky they're the only counter that had the e/s I wanted, i woulda not given them the sale otherwise

kpenn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadowy Lady
I was thinking about it. I've never complained to MAC before but I just might. Honestly it's annoying when an SA makes you feel like u're bothering them when u wanna buy some products. She was lucky they're the only counter that had the e/s I wanted, i woulda not given them the sale otherwise

I know, I was shy to call too, but I figured that if no one ever complains, they'll always get away with giving crappy service.

For me, they had promised to put aside 3 Lady Gaga make-up bags. I called 4 times to confirm - all 4 times they assured me that they were there. I travelled an hour to the MAC store only to find out that nothing was on hold for me, and, by then, every store was sold out of the bags. I was infuriated. Espresso doesn't come close to making up for those bags, but at least it was something and a recognition that the service was very very poor.

LMD84

Quote:
I know, I was shy to call too, but I figured that if no one ever complains, they'll always get away with giving crappy service.

For me, they had promised to put aside 3 Lady Gaga make-up bags. I called 4 times to confirm - all 4 times they assured me that they were there. I travelled an hour to the MAC store only to find out that nothing was on hold for me, and, by then, every store was sold out of the bags. I was infuriated. Espresso doesn't come close to making up for those bags, but at least it was something and a recognition that the service was very very poor.

yeah if i had driven for that long i'd be annoyed too! if they hadn't put them aside why not just say so! so yeah a free shadow is nice... but not the same as having the make up bag you wanted.

Babylard

Quote:

WOW that is terrible! someone could have at least checked for you and told you there was nothing
th_dunno.gif

maybe ill try prim and proper with 188. i find it super super pigmented D: