MAC Give me Liberty of London Discussion

peachsuns

Miss QQ, I cannot help but smiling that you and me have a little similar taste. We both love GMLOL and True Babe. Let's see which other future collections you'll like.
cutey.gif

dreamer246

Quote:
Originally Posted by jazm1n3s
I just found out that my MAC counter still has 2 Ever Hip lipsticks left. I'm NC35 but i'm concerned that it's not pigmented enough for me, because some people says it's too sheer. Please tell me if i should get it or not? I don't want to buy it just because of the hype, not to mention i have to drive about 30 mins there. But i don't want to miss out either
ssad.gif

Any NC35 ladies with pigmented lips love it?

Sorry if this came a little late, but I'm NC35 and have pigmented lips too. I LOVE EVER HIP. It's now my fave peachy lipstick. It's not a dramatic color, so don't expect too much out of it, but it makes a great everyday lipstick color. Go for it, if you haven't already!
winks.gif

lovesongx

I've just ordered Summer Rose from the UK site with my PAP and TTB goodies, I keep seeing it on blogs and wishing I had it, surprised it hasn't sold out by now!

peachsuns

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamer246
Sorry if this came a little late, but I'm NC35 and have pigmented lips too. I LOVE EVER HIP. It's now my fave peachy lipstick. It's not a dramatic color, so don't expect too much out of it, but it makes a great everyday lipstick color. Go for it, if you haven't already!
winks.gif

iagree.gif
on Every Hip. Its a pretty everyday lipstick. I was amazed the first time I tried it.
heart.gif

So, what is everyone's thought on Petals & Peacocks? I really love this hot pink lipstick.
th_e2cloud9.gif

Hope everyone had at least a chance to see this in person.

kpenn

I love Petals & Peacocks! I expected it to be similar to some of my other hot pinks, but it's so unique and makes my teeth look super white!

On the other hand, I wore Give Me Liberty of London e/s for the first time today and was seriously disappointed. Talk about lack of pigmentation - it just made me looks like I had a mild case of pink eye. I had to virtually gouge my brush into it to pick up enough colour. My mom bought it for me and I don't have the heart to ask her for the receipt to return it, but if I had bought this myself, it would be going back to MAC pronto!

peachsuns

^ So sorry that Give Me Liberty of London e/s didn't work for you.
ssad.gif

Just be honest and tell your mom. She'll understand. I'm sure she wants you to be happy.
th_cheerup.gif

thmbup.gif
for Petals & Peacocks.

Pinkdollface

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpenn
I love Petals & Peacocks! I expected it to be similar to some of my other hot pinks, but it's so unique and makes my teeth look super white!

On the other hand, I wore Give Me Liberty of London e/s for the first time today and was seriously disappointed. Talk about lack of pigmentation - it just made me looks like I had a mild case of pink eye. I had to virtually gouge my brush into it to pick up enough colour. My mom bought it for me and I don't have the heart to ask her for the receipt to return it, but if I had bought this myself, it would be going back to MAC pronto!

I like Give Me Liberty Of London e/s. It looks beautiful with Bough Grey in the crease and Birds and Berries in the outer crease.

I looked at Petals and Peacocks and it is very pretty, but i didn't buy it. I don't wear bright lipsticks very often and already bought Ever Hip and Blooming Lovely. I regret it a bit now, but you can't have everything i guess.

shadowaddict

I'm NC15 with fairly pigmented lips and I LOVE Ever Hip l/s. It's very everyday for me and I don't like my lips to be bright. I just had to buy a backup of this. It is my absolute favorite lippie right now.

Boasorte

Quote:
Originally Posted by BEA2LS
i really am starting to love blooming lovely. it's my go to for sure, and i at first thought it would be my least favorite.

Welcome to team Blooming Lovely
choochoo.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by LMD84
awww thanks hun. i actually got a couple of compliments today on the lip colour which was nice!
smiles.gif

I get compliments on it too! I love it, although I haven't worn it in a while. I don't know what's wrong with me, but I'm not my usual bright colored self lately. I've been rocking - dare I say it-..... NEUTRALS!!! *hides in shame*

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldenFairy
Blooming lovelies - Do you find that BL makes your teeth look yellow or am I just being paranoid? (by the way I do have white teeth but I feel the lipstick makes them look a bit cream-coloured!)

Nope, my teeth look the same. Don't be paranoid, just don't smile when you wear it
cutey.gif
Bahahahaha

GoldenFairy

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsWestchesterNY

Nope, my teeth look the same. Don't be paranoid, just don't smile when you wear it
cutey.gif
Bahahahaha

I'll try not to but it's going to be hard!
tong.gif

By the way, I love the new avatar picture - you look hot!

dreamer246

I had to go back to the hospital today for a check-up, so I used the chance to put on some makeup coz I wanted to try on Summer Rose (it had arrived in the mail when I was hospitalized). And oh-my-god, it is AWESOME!!! It gave me such a lovely pale pink flush that isn't too girly/sweet looking. I don't regret swapping my Ripe Peach for this beauty at all.
love.gif
It'll always have a special place in my heart, coz it was the first thing I saw when I got home from the hospital, it was the perfect homecoming gift for me.
smiles.gif

Boasorte

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldenFairy
I'll try not to but it's going to be hard!
tong.gif

By the way, I love the new avatar picture - you look hot!

Gracias, I'm wearing Blooming Lovely in it!
drools.gif

I may have found an almost dupe for this lipstick, for those who missed out. It's NYX lipstick in Power. This lipstick is a tad pinker, but on my lips, it looked very similar.

ETA: Comparison
Pic #1 NYX lipstick ( my skin looks horrendous in this picture!)
28lf70h.jpg

Pic #2 Blooming Lovely AKA bigger pic of my avatar
smiles.gif

ilks20.jpg

Pinkdollface

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsWestchesterNY
Gracias, I'm wearing Blooming Lovely in it!
drools.gif

I may have found an almost dupe for this lipstick, for those who missed out. It's NYX lipstick in Power. This lipstick is a tad pinker, but on my lips, it looked very similar.

ETA: Comparison
Pic #1 NYX lipstick ( my skin looks horrendous in this picture!)
28lf70h.jpg

Pic #2 Blooming Lovely AKA bigger pic of my avatar
smiles.gif

ilks20.jpg

You have lovely curls, i want those!
winks.gif

I am so lucky. Today the MAC counter in my city opened and they got the Give Me Liberty Of London collection
yahoo.gif
So i was able to get Petals & Peacocks and i don't have to regret not buying it the first time
greengrin.gif

Boasorte

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinkdollface
I should buy a curler, i don't have one
blush-anim-cl.gif

Get one!! You'll love it. Much better than going to the salon and paying a ridiculous amount for some curls!

Boasorte

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamer246
Hehe I've got no curler, but my hair is permed.
tong.gif

Hey Winnie!!!

What do you mean by 'permed'? Because when I say permed that means straightened hair by chemicals, but I'm just finding out a couple of years ago that perm really means curls by way of chemicals!!
th_LMAO.gif