MAC Give me Liberty of London Discussion

PinkBasset

I think I have a problem with Dame's Desire. It looses its vibrancy after awhile and just fades from being hot and intense towards a duller violet! I don't know why because I've never had this problem with any eyeshadow (even back in the days when I didn't use primers/bases).
th_confused_new.gif
I love the colour, I am so glad I didn't skip it, but I want it to look as vibrant as it is at first all day. I have tried it with a primer and on top of violet base. Have any on you had the same problem? What should I do next with it?
smiles.gif

I did a look with Dirty GPS and Bough Grey on top of Dirty. It was so sparkly and shimmery, I was surprised but pleased with the result. When I use BG on crease it doesn't show the shimmer but when I pat it on the lid with something sticky under it makes the shimmer pop. It was so pretty with all the colours reflecting.
smiles.gif

bis

Quote:
Originally Posted by PinkBasset
I think I have a problem with Dame's Desire. It looses its vibrancy after awhile and just fades from being hot and intense towards a duller violet! I don't know why because I've never had this problem with any eyeshadow (even back in the days when I didn't use primers/bases).
th_confused_new.gif
I love the colour, I am so glad I didn't skip it, but I want it to look as vibrant as it is at first all day. I have tried it with a primer and on top of violet base. Have any on you had the same problem? What should I do next with it?
smiles.gif

I have the same problem with some pigments and the only thing that really works for me is using a very sticky base like the ArtDeco base or a CCB. Shadestick and Paint Pots are not sticky enough on me for pigments
winks.gif

Quote:
I did a look with Dirty GPS and Bough Grey on top of Dirty. It was so sparkly and shimmery, I was surprised but pleased with the result. When I use BG on crease it doesn't show the shimmer but when I pat it on the lid with something sticky under it makes the shimmer pop. It was so pretty with all the colours reflecting.
smiles.gif

Thanks, and need to try this
greengrin.gif

PinkBasset

Quote:
Originally Posted by bis
I have the same problem with some pigments and the only thing that really works for me is using a very sticky base like the ArtDeco base or a CCB. Shadestick and Paint Pots are not sticky enough on me for pigments
winks.gif

Thanks, and need to try this
greengrin.gif

Thanks for the tip! I shall find my stickiest base and try again.
yes.gif

LMD84

Quote:
Originally Posted by *JJ*
i'm sure you look beautiful!
blooming lovely is gorgoeus! i wish it hadn't looked so weird on me..

awww thanks hun. i actually got a couple of compliments today on the lip colour which was nice!
smiles.gif

GoldenFairy

Quote:
Originally Posted by LMD84
wearing blooming lovely today! i am being brave. and the more i look at it the more wearable i think it is
smiles.gif

Blooming lovelies - Do you find that BL makes your teeth look yellow or am I just being paranoid? (by the way I do have white teeth but I feel the lipstick makes them look a bit cream-coloured!)

GlamYOURUs

Quote:
th_confused_new.gif
smiles.gif

smiles.gif

Perhaps try a brighter base? I don't mean a base of the same color. I have used mine over Rubenesque p/p and it was vibrant enough!

I wore Bough Grey today for the first time (on the lid) and WOW, it makes my brown peepers appear hazel like!
drools.gif

jazm1n3s

I just found out that my MAC counter still has 2 Ever Hip lipsticks left. I'm NC35 but i'm concerned that it's not pigmented enough for me, because some people says it's too sheer. Please tell me if i should get it or not? I don't want to buy it just because of the hype, not to mention i have to drive about 30 mins there. But i don't want to miss out either
ssad.gif

Any NC35 ladies with pigmented lips love it?

vintageroses

Quote:
Originally Posted by jazm1n3s
I just found out that my MAC counter still has 2 Ever Hip lipsticks left. I'm NC35 but i'm concerned that it's not pigmented enough for me, because some people says it's too sheer. Please tell me if i should get it or not? I don't want to buy it just because of the hype, not to mention i have to drive about 30 mins there. But i don't want to miss out either
ssad.gif

I'm NC45 with pigmented lips, i could do a swatch for you tonight (it's 11am in Australia now) & i'm in uni! Do you want me to do it for you tonight? It does show up on my lips!
smiles.gif
Drop me a PM if you want me to i might miss it out if you leave a comment here!
smiles.gif

jazm1n3s

Quote:
Originally Posted by vintageroses
I'm NC45 with pigmented lips, i could do a swatch for you tonight (it's 11am in Australia now) & i'm in uni! Do you want me to do it for you tonight? It does show up on my lips!
smiles.gif
Drop me a PM if you want me to i might miss it out if you leave a comment here!
smiles.gif

Yes, pleeeaasseee........ Thank you for offering. I'm gonna PM you!

LMD84

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldenFairy
Blooming lovelies - Do you find that BL makes your teeth look yellow or am I just being paranoid? (by the way I do have white teeth but I feel the lipstick makes them look a bit cream-coloured!)

hhhmmm i didn't notice my teeth looking yellow at all. i shall try and have a look when i get home. today i'm just wearing a lip gelee!
smiles.gif

PinkBasset

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlamYOURUs
Perhaps try a brighter base? I don't mean a base of the same color. I have used mine over Rubenesque p/p and it was vibrant enough!

I wore Bough Grey today for the first time (on the lid) and WOW, it makes my brown peepers appear hazel like!
drools.gif

Thank you too for helping me!
smiles.gif
I shall try it over pure white paintstick and see if that helps and if its sticky enough.

kittykit

Quote:
Originally Posted by jazm1n3s
ssad.gif

I'm a NC35 here and have pigmented lips. I've been using Ever Hip everyday since I got mine on Sunday!
yes.gif
I really love this colour, it's wearable and perfect for everyday looks. I think I'm gonna get a backup for this one.

BEA2LS

i do think that blooming lovely does make teeth look a little dingy.. but to me, it is not bad enough to stop wearing it.

InspiredBlue

I thought about the whole blue tones make teeth look yellow thing before I got BL, and I realized I rarely show my teeth anyway, so I don't care.
greengrin.gif

Miss QQ

^^
iagree.gif
That's what I think too so it doesn't matter much.
yes.gif

Monica, you are making me want BG! I wish I bought BG instead of B&B.
ssad.gif

GlamQueen21

capmorlovesmac: That look sounds gorgeous!! I have been searching high and low for Waternymph e/s and I do want it! I have been on a teal kick lately! Also, I have finally got my hands on Parrot e/s!!! I thought of Susanne right away when I recieved it!

Nzsallyb

So much for skipping this collection! i picked up peachstock l/s (love!), frankly fresh l/g (MLBB shade on me), and prim and proper blush. very practical picks, i will def use them alot

Miss QQ

There's no way we can skip this collection. It is my favourite this year, so far! Enjoy your goodies!

peachsuns

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss QQ
There's no way we can skip this collection. It is my favourite this year, so far! Enjoy your goodies!

iagree.gif

I really love everything I bought.
Last Friday, I went to my counter to check Pret-A-Papier collection. While MA was going through each drawers for Instant Chic and Tissueweight, I saw one drawer still had lots of GMLOL items!
drools.gif
I stayed strong, and didn't ask her anything.
cutey.gif