MAC Give me Liberty of London Discussion

LMD84

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinkdollface
They were cute, but i think they are expensive. There are no seperate pockets inside, so i am not going to buy one. The print was just like the print on the beauty powders. If you already have those you didn't miss anything i guess.

ye si thought the bags were quite pricey. and although i loved the print i preferred to buy more of the actual make up!
smiles.gif

BEA2LS

i really love prim and proper.. to be honest, that is why i had no real interest in hipness or marine life (and i made it quite clear how excited i was over to the beach lol). on my fair skin, prim and proper is bronzey and perfect for summer.

Pinkdollface

Quote:
Originally Posted by LMD84
ye si thought the bags were quite pricey. and although i loved the print i preferred to buy more of the actual make up!
smiles.gif

Now i don't have a bag, but i do have a back up Blooming Lovely. So much better
greengrin.gif

LMD84

Quote:
Now i don't have a bag, but i do have a back up Blooming Lovely. So much better
greengrin.gif

exactly! that lippie is so pretty, at first i was unsure... but i wore it quite a bit and decided i do like it afterall! it was different from my usual pink lips!

peachsuns

Quote:
Originally Posted by BEA2LS
i really love prim and proper.. to be honest, that is why i had no real interest in hipness or marine life (and i made it quite clear how excited i was over to the beach lol). on my fair skin, prim and proper is bronzey and perfect for summer.

I thought about this blush when I swatched Get-Away Bronze from To The Beach collection today. GAB looked surprisingly wearable. Maybe I can get the similar effect with prim and proper if I use the light hand? I will try tomorrow.
tong.gif
Thank you.

InspiredBlue

Quote:
Originally Posted by peachsuns
Girls, how do you wear Blooming Lovely? Doesn't it look grayish purple on you? Any suggestion?
tong.gif

I just put it on and wear. But if you put the coordinating lipglass (can't remember the name) over it, it looks a little less blue toned/cold, so that might help.
th_wink3.gif

Camnagem

Quote:
Girls, how do you wear Blooming Lovely? Doesn't it look grayish purple on you? Any suggestion?
tong.gif

I'm in the minority here and it totally bummed me out for a while. Blooming Lovely looked so horrific on me no matter what I tried. Different lipliners, glosses, sheered out application...none of that helped for me. I ended up passing it on to my sister in law, and it looks fantastic on her!

So, boo! Some colors are just not meant for my lips, and that's ok...I have way too many that actually do work for me anyway!
lol.gif

Hope you find a way it works for you!

Pinkdollface

Quote:
^ English Accents? Any hot pink l/g will help?
greengrin.gif

Thank you!
3.gif

Yes it's called English Accents. I think Splashing from To The Beach will also work or any hot pink l/g like you say.

BEA2LS

Quote:
I thought about this blush when I swatched Get-Away Bronze from To The Beach collection today. GAB looked surprisingly wearable. Maybe I can get the similar effect with prim and proper if I use the light hand? I will try tomorrow.
tong.gif
Thank you.

let me know
smiles.gif
i really do like it, and you seem to be fair like me so it might work.. i usually buy pink blushes (or peachy) so this really is my go-to for summer blush.

for blooming lovely, i just wear it. i am very cool toned and i guess it works for me? i thought my red hair would throw it off but it seems to be ok.

shadowaddict

I just absolutely LOVE my Ever Hip l/s. I want to find another one but it sold out everywhere I called. Anyone in the US still have this at their store/counter?

peachsuns

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camnagem
I'm in the minority here and it totally bummed me out for a while. Blooming Lovely looked so horrific on me no matter what I tried. Different lipliners, glosses, sheered out application...none of that helped for me. I ended up passing it on to my sister in law, and it looks fantastic on her!

So, boo! Some colors are just not meant for my lips, and that's ok...I have way too many that actually do work for me anyway!
lol.gif

Hope you find a way it works for you!

It looks fantastic on your sister? I'm jealous!
lol.gif

Well, I totally understand what you're saying. Blooming Lovely makes me look like I have hypothermia.
th_LMAO.gif
I'm guessing because I have NC skin? This is the most challenging lipstick I own. I'll try InspiredBlue and Pikdollface's suggestion, and see what happens. Wish me luck.
cutey.gif

peachsuns

Quote:
Yes it's called English Accents. I think Splashing from To The Beach will also work or any hot pink l/g like you say.

I skipped Splashing from TTB at the counter yesterday. You make me want to go back and check it again. Bad girl.
cutey.gif
Hehe.
Thank you.
th_wink3.gif

GlamQueen21

I saw Ever Hip l/s at my MAC store the other day and I almost did tempted to get it but when I go back to my MAC store next weekend if they still have it there.

peachsuns

Quote:
Originally Posted by BEA2LS
let me know
smiles.gif
i really do like it, and you seem to be fair like me so it might work.. i usually buy pink blushes (or peachy) so this really is my go-to for summer blush.

for blooming lovely, i just wear it. i am very cool toned and i guess it works for me? i thought my red hair would throw it off but it seems to be ok.

I wore Prim & Proper today. This was nice change from my usual pink blushes. I applied lightly (This blush is very pigmented, isn't it? Haha.), and it looked natural. It added warmth to my cheeks. Very lovely. I agree this can be everyday summer blush.
yes.gif
I was interested in the bronzers from To The Beach collection, but I may not need one yet since I have this blush and my another
eyelove.gif
, By Candlelight MSF (wear as blush). They are not actual bronzers, but I'm loving the healthy glow effect they give me.

For Blooming Lovely, I'm glad you can wear it.
th_wink3.gif
I'm still working on it. Hehe.
greengrin.gif