MAC Give me Liberty of London Discussion

Pinkdollface

Quote:
Originally Posted by peachsuns
I skipped Splashing from TTB at the counter yesterday. You make me want to go back and check it again. Bad girl.
cutey.gif
Hehe.
Thank you.
th_wink3.gif

Haha sorry
cutey.gif
I only had one other hot pink lipgloss and that's why i bought Splashing. If you have a lot of pink lipglosses you might not need it. Try one of those over Blooming Lovely maybe it works the same as Splashing.

Miss QQ

Quote:
Girls, how do you wear Blooming Lovely? Doesn't it look grayish purple on you? Any suggestion?
tong.gif

It looks that me too, but I wear it anyway. If I add a bright pink lip gloss over it, it becomes less grey and more wearable for me. But I really love the colour and I can pull it off if I am wearing cool tone e/s and blush. Someone in my office asked me why I was wearing a purple lipstick and I just smiled. Didn't bother to explain.

sungelly87

I've still been searching for Petals&Peacocks, all the stores near me only have peachstock left! I hope that I can find one next weekend in Chicago...or I guess I can always stalk my CCO. Should've gotten it earlier...

dreamer246

Quote:
Girls, how do you wear Blooming Lovely? Doesn't it look grayish purple on you? Any suggestion?
tong.gif

Yes it has a greyish cast to it, and the fact that it's actually a pale color (much paler than my natural lip color), it makes me look dead if I wear it alone. I'm cool-toned, so it's not due to the fact that I can't carry this off because it's too "cool" for me. I would pair it with smokey eyes though, they look so hot together, so I just treat this as my nude lipstick (more interesting than the usual brown nudes anyway).
winks.gif

peachsuns

^ Do you pair it up with some lip gloss or liner? Hmm, I never thought about Blooming Lovely as nude lip stick. It sounds hot, Winnie.
winks.gif

Anneri

I'm such a geek - I passed the scarf, because I thought that it would be much cooler to buy a scarf at the original Liberty's in London when I went there two weeks ago - and all the scarfs were like 150 pounds.
shockt.gif

I was so mad and so sad that I passed the scarf when the collection came out!

LMD84

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anneri
I'm such a geek - I passed the scarf, because I thought that it would be much cooler to buy a scarf at the original Liberty's in London when I went there two weeks ago - and all the scarfs were like 150 pounds.
shockt.gif

I was so mad and so sad that I passed the scarf when the collection came out!

yeah the brand isn't a cheap one sadly!

Anneri

Indeed
cry.gif

But I bought a wonderful Paul Smith silk scarf - my bf got a shirt with the same pattern on the inside of the cuffs - I love that!

dreamer246

Quote:
^ Do you pair it up with some lip gloss or liner? Hmm, I never thought about Blooming Lovely as nude lip stick. It sounds hot, Winnie.
winks.gif

I'm not really a lip gloss person, but I guess a pale cool-toned pink or purple gloss will go perfectly. Didn't pair it with liner too, as just a light coating of the lippie is already enough to achieve the desired effect. But I'm thinking it would work with In Synch l/l.
winks.gif

I can't wait to try it out with Color 3 quad (the purple one). I think they will look smashing together. I'll try to take pics when I eventually get the opportunity to do this combo.
greengrin.gif

bis

Quote:
It looks fantastic on your sister? I'm jealous!
lol.gif

Well, I totally understand what you're saying. Blooming Lovely makes me look like I have hypothermia.
th_LMAO.gif
I'm guessing because I have NC skin? This is the most challenging lipstick I own. I'll try InspiredBlue and Pikdollface's suggestion, and see what happens. Wish me luck.
cutey.gif

I am the same skintone as you are and Blooming Lovely looks lovely.
th_dunno.gif

You could try a liner like Pink Treat, an MA told me to try this with Gaga, as I thought it was garish on me.

dreamer246

Gaga is more of an everyday color for me, definitely more wearable than Blooming Lovely because Gaga doesn't have that greyish cast to it.

peachsuns

Hi, guys, I tried Blooming Lovely with a thin layer of another midium pink lip stick, and it was gorgeous!
eyelove.gif
No more hypothermia. Haha. I wore Sweet & Punchy, Shimmermoss, Sand & Sun, and Float on By on eyes. I will try more combinations. I'm loving spring/summer collections.
th_e2cloud9.gif

sailordom

I've also paired Blooming Lovely with Plum l/l to make it more wearable for my NC25 self.

I usually top it off with a pink gloss -- the pic in my profile (not my avatar, but on my Specktra profile page) is with Plum l/l and English Accents l/g, but I've also used Bobbi Brown Confetti and Urban Decay Kinky with it.

Boasorte

Quote:
Originally Posted by LMD84
i just wear blooming lovely on it's own with neutral eyes. it looks ok on me.

Try it with a grey/black smoked out eye!!!

Quote:
tong.gif

Throw it on and go!

But when I want to "tone it down" I use it with Girl About Town as shown in the picture below
20uu5bm.jpg

peachsuns

I'm glad that you girls are rocking Blooming Lovely. Thank you so much for all the suggestions and gorgeous pics (Thanks, sailordom and MsWestchesterNY!
th_wink3.gif
)! I think I found some ways to wear it, too. Now this is becoming one of my favorite items from this collection.
th_DANCE.gif

LMD84

aha! i shall try teaming it with girl about town lippie - i will have a mess about tonight. that combo sounds interesting!

InspiredBlue

Quote:
Originally Posted by sailordom
I usually top it off with a pink gloss -- the pic in my profile (not my avatar, but on my Specktra profile page)

What? You mean the cat's not wearing lipgloss?
lol.gif