MAC Give me Liberty of London Discussion

peachsuns

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hay Mich
I just got Show Orchid yesterday and I was wondering how similar it is to Petals and Peacocks? One of my MAC stores still has the latter but I don't want to buy it if they're twins!

Quote:
Originally Posted by InspiredBlue
I'm pretty sure that there is a comparison swatch of PP, SO and Girl about town if you go check in the swatch thread.
th_wink3.gif

I've been thinking about the same thing, too. I looked at the swatches. So, Show Orchid has more fuchsia/purple sheen? Since I have Gladiola and Petals & Peacocks, I skipped Show Orchid. I almost ordered it though.
lol.gif

peachsuns

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeresitaMC
Totally and completely his loss! You look so smokin' hot PLUS you are beautiful on the inside, too! The right, and smart one, won't let that pass him up
winks.gif

I only have Hypnotizing but I believe I could dupe this look or at least get it close (possibly with the purple quad from SCF?).
smiles.gif
It's very pretty!!
sigh.gif

iagree.gif

He has no idea what he missed.
yes.gif

Winnie, thank you for the description of the look!
heart.gif
kissy.gif

dreamer246

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeresitaMC
Totally and completely his loss! You look so smokin' hot PLUS you are beautiful on the inside, too! The right, and smart one, won't let that pass him up
winks.gif

I only have Hypnotizing but I believe I could dupe this look or at least get it close (possibly with the purple quad from SCF?).
smiles.gif
It's very pretty!!
sigh.gif

Aww thank you, hun!
th_hug.gif
heart.gif
Hmm now I've only used the SCF quad once, but I remember I created a very dramatic look out of it. But that look was dark and smokey, whereas the look I'm wearing in this picture is more soft and light smokey, if that makes sense.
tong.gif
But no worries, I'm sure you can experiment and create your own super hot look.
greengrin.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by peachsuns
iagree.gif

He has no idea what he missed.
yes.gif

Winnie, thank you for the description of the look!
heart.gif
kissy.gif

Not a problem! It was a very simple look and I didn't use many products or spent too much time on it.
winks.gif
But that was 'cause I was already running late.
lol.gif
Do post a pic if you attempt to do your own look - I wanna see you rocking Blooming Lovely too.
yes.gif
winks.gif

Lisianthus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lambie_mac
You know, I thought I loved blue india when it came out, I even swatched it at the store and was like whoa! But now, I don't think it's for me =( It's just sitting there un-loved. I feel like such a hoarder sometimes.

I haven't used my Blue India either. I took it out of the box once to have a look and that's it. I don't often do my nails but this colour was too pretty to pass over. I must work up the motivation to do my nails with it soon.

Boasorte

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamer246
I got stood up by a guy yesterday on our supposed first meeting (he just vanished into thin air); seriously, I think that poor dude has no idea what he's missing out on. I feel sorry for his loss.
winks.gif

Damn men
nonono.gif

dreamer246

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lisianthus
I haven't used my Blue India either. I took it out of the box once to have a look and that's it. I don't often do my nails but this colour was too pretty to pass over. I must work up the motivation to do my nails with it soon.

Me too! It looks too pretty to use. I hope that won't be the case when I receive my Marine Life as well.
tong.gif

peachsuns

Quote:
Aww thank you, hun!
th_hug.gif
heart.gif
Hmm now I've only used the SCF quad once, but I remember I created a very dramatic look out of it. But that look was dark and smokey, whereas the look I'm wearing in this picture is more soft and light smokey, if that makes sense.
tong.gif
But no worries, I'm sure you can experiment and create your own super hot look.
greengrin.gif

Not a problem! It was a very simple look and I didn't use many products or spent too much time on it.
winks.gif
But that was 'cause I was already running late.
lol.gif
Do post a pic if you attempt to do your own look - I wanna see you rocking Blooming Lovely too.
yes.gif
winks.gif

Haha, Winnie, I'm a shiest person on Internet, so I don't know if you'll see me rocking Blooming Lovely anytime soon. Hope it will happen in the future.
greengrin.gif

dreamer246

Quote:
Haha, Winnie, I'm a shiest person on Internet, so I don't know if you'll see me rocking Blooming Lovely anytime soon. Hope it will happen in the future.
greengrin.gif

I'm waiting for the day that you do!
winkiss.gif

LMD84

Quote:
greengrin.gif

awww
smiles.gif
well hopefully one day you will feel comfortable enough to show us a piccie! we'd love to see
smiles.gif

Miss QQ

Winnie, you look gorgeous! Glad you look this good after your surgical procedure. Your doctor probably already told you you are young and will recover your energy very quickly.
th_hug.gif

dreamer246

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss QQ
Winnie, you look gorgeous! Glad you look this good after your surgical procedure. Your doctor probably already told you you are young and will recover your energy very quickly.
th_hug.gif

Yes she did tell me that I'm young and will recover fast, but I was still amazed at the speed of my recovery. I was already out shopping just 2.5 weeks after a major surgical procedure.
tong.gif
I think it's been 6 weeks now and I'm already almost back to normal.
smiles.gif

Thanks for the compliment!
winkiss.gif
On the whole I think I look better now that I've left my health battles behind, and I also feel stronger both spiritually and mentally.
winks.gif

LMD84

Quote:
Yes she did tell me that I'm young and will recover fast, but I was still amazed at the speed of my recovery. I was already out shopping just 2.5 weeks after a major surgical procedure.
tong.gif
smiles.gif

winkiss.gif
On the whole I think I look better now that I've left my health battles behind, and I also feel stronger both spiritually and mentally.
winks.gif

great news
smiles.gif
i'm very happy for you hun!
th_hug.gif

tesstsang

Quote:
tong.gif
smiles.gif

winkiss.gif
winks.gif

You look lovely Winnie! A health issue can sometimes be a black cloud hanging over you. It's so refreshing to hear you say that

On a side note, just thought i'd remind everyone that the summer heat is here - TAKE CARE OF YOUR LIPPIES. I just found a melted Blooming Lovely in my stash
cry.gif
I don't think i'll sleep well tonight... i'm pretty sure it's sold out everywhere

LMD84

^ oh no!this makes me sad ;( i hope you can find another lippie. luckily thee uk never gets that hot that my lippies melt... however i will certaintly be checking on super hot days!

dreamer246

Quote:
Originally Posted by tesstsang
You look lovely Winnie! A health issue can sometimes be a black cloud hanging over you. It's so refreshing to hear you say that

On a side note, just thought i'd remind everyone that the summer heat is here - TAKE CARE OF YOUR LIPPIES. I just found a melted Blooming Lovely in my stash
cry.gif
I don't think i'll sleep well tonight... i'm pretty sure it's sold out everywhere

Thank you.
th_hug.gif

Hmm could you melt it and keep it in a little pot or something? I live in sunny Singapore, but I haven't seen a single melted lippie yet (not that I'm hoping to see one of course).
tong.gif