MAC Give me Liberty of London Discussion

dreamer246

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babylard
^ yes i am! i just went nuts on in the groove lol.. and before that was to the beach, even though i felt ew about the packaging at first.

o dear, i've been hearing a lot about women with ovarian masses and cysts. its scary. but its good that it was benign!

those are some great picks, i basically ended up with the same items as you. ever hip is an amazing lipstick for asian skintones! i wear it a lot and was afraid of running out, so i bought jazzed to let it rest for a while. lol bough grey is also a fantastic staple!

I only hauled 4 items from In The Groove: Stereo Rose MSF (someone from MUA is supposed to get it from me, fingers crossed), Calm Cool and Collected MES (to make up for swapping away my Photo Realism quad), Jazzed l/s, and Happy Together MB. Not bad for such a huge collection! I thought I would have to go bankrupt again.
tong.gif
I'm still thinking of grabbing a pink l/s and Call My Bluff l/s, but at the same time trying to resist. Hehe.

Yes, Ever Hip is a fave of mine! It looks soooo good on me!
th_drool.gif
I think it's my fave purchase from this collection, although the prettiest to look at would have to be Summer Rose BP.
cutey.gif

Susanne

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsWestchesterNY
my Bloomin Lovely lipstick broke this morning! SO SAD!
ssad.gif

What a pity!
ssad.gif

Boasorte

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamer246
Oh no.
ssad.gif
Can you fuse it back using heat?

I tried that, but I don't think I did it right :/ I think I need a YT tutorial. I heated the base on the l/s and the bottom of the broken l/s, then but it back on the base. After that I put it in the freezer but took it out after an hour? Hmmm idk, Winnie, idk.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susanne
What a pity!
ssad.gif

I know
ssad.gif
yesterday I had to swivel it all the way down in order to keep it from falling on the floor while using it.

Babylard

^ oh no! why don't you depot it into a container and use it with a lipbrush? put a cute sticker on the lid, it makes you feel better
greengrin.gif

omgosh summer rose bp, i haven't really touched it much =( i keep reaching for shell pearl. and then now that i hauled in the groove, i've been using jazzed and happy together everyday for school. i love happy together! i feel like backing up jazzed D:

GlamQueen21

I haven't used any of the things that I bought from GMLOL in awhile! Even though I kinda regret not getting Ever Hip l/s since I bought it for a CP purchase for shadowaddict and should've got two last month but I was on a MAC break at that time.

dreamer246

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsWestchesterNY
I tried that, but I don't think I did it right :/ I think I need a YT tutorial. I heated the base on the l/s and the bottom of the broken l/s, then but it back on the base. After that I put it in the freezer but took it out after an hour? Hmmm idk, Winnie, idk.

That sounds about right. I did that once before too, for a broken Kirsch lipstick. Did you press the l/s onto the base a little bit when you joined them together?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babylard
^ oh no! why don't you depot it into a container and use it with a lipbrush? put a cute sticker on the lid, it makes you feel better
greengrin.gif

omgosh summer rose bp, i haven't really touched it much =( i keep reaching for shell pearl. and then now that i hauled in the groove, i've been using jazzed and happy together everyday for school. i love happy together! i feel like backing up jazzed D:

I agree with the container option too. The only downside is that you need to use a lipbrush (I'm always too lazy to do so).

Yes, Happy Together is really pretty. I'm just kinda bumped that I got one with a smaller portion of the brown color, since the highlighter side doesn't really impart much color. Sigh.

abbyquack

Does anyone know a permanent dupe for Petals and Peacocks? I compared it to GAT, but wasn't close enough for my friend who is looking for the dupe.

Oh and Winnie you look gorgeous w/ Blooming Lovely!!
heart.gif

peachsuns

^ Someone said Petals & Peacocks is similar to Gladiola. But this is another LE.
ssad.gif
They're not same, but is Show Orchid close enough for your friend?
winks.gif

abbyquack

Quote:
Originally Posted by peachsuns
^ Someone said Petals & Peacocks is similar to Gladiola. But this is another LE.
ssad.gif
They're not same, but is Show Orchid close enough for your friend?
winks.gif

Thank you, I will check out Show Orchid! Gladiola is definitely a dupe but someone wants $39 for it on ebay, nearly the same for P&P
angry.gif

dreamer246

I don't think Show Orchid will be identical, but I don't have P&P so I can't judge. Hope to hear what's the closest dupe you discover!

MzzRach

Quote:
Originally Posted by abbyquack
Does anyone know a permanent dupe for Petals and Peacocks? I compared it to GAT, but wasn't close enough for my friend who is looking for the dupe.

I had both P&P and Show Orchid and ended up returning P&P because it had such a purple undertone on me. SO is much better on my NW20 skin.

For the record, this is still my fave MAC collection of 2010 (so far). I love everything I got (except for P&P). I wear Summer Rose almost every day, I'm addicted to it. And Bough Grey is such a perfect blue-green-grey shadow on me, it's like nothing else I own.

This collection rocks.

InspiredBlue

From the comparison swatches that were around when LoL came out, I remember them not being identical, but quite close. I think SO has bit of a sheen to it's finish, while PP is more creamy.

Here's Erin's comparison swatch

Quote:
Originally Posted by AudreyNicole
img08011.jpg

petals & peacocks, GAT, lickable, show orchid

Susanne

Quote:
Originally Posted by MzzRach
For the record, this is still my fave MAC collection of 2010 (so far). I love everything I got (except for P&P). I wear Summer Rose almost every day, I'm addicted to it. And Bough Grey is such a perfect blue-green-grey shadow on me, it's like nothing else I own.

This collection rocks.

iagree.gif

I have hopes for Fabulous Felines and A Tartan Tale to make my top 3 for 2010 complete!

martiangurll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susanne
iagree.gif

I have hopes for Fabulous Felines and A Tartan Tale to make my top 3 for 2010 complete!

Yes, Yes, Yes. I would add Rodarte to that too.

I definitely thought this packaging was my favorite of all the special packaging so far. (yes, I even liked it better than HK--don't throw stuff at me)

I wish I had not been so broke when this came out, I am regretting not getting more of the BPs!