Quote:
Originally Posted by spunky
erin, i think i love you!

seriously, thanks so much for the info!
greengrin.gif
th_hug.gif
th_happy1.gif
th_thstars.gif

they are being really strict on information being leaked from employees until global communications releases info to the public. so until they do, names, descriptions, SWATCHES, etc, can not be given by myself or other employees.
cry.gif

i can still answer other questions you have, as long as they don't pertain to specific information on products/collections that mac has not already publicly released.

if other people not working for mac release this information...
sneaky.gif

this is what i just found out today at update. i know it sucks, but i don't wanna lose my job.

spunky

Quote:
Originally Posted by erine1881
they are being really strict on information being leaked from employees until global communications releases info to the public. so until they do, names, descriptions, SWATCHES, etc, can not be given by myself or other employees.
cry.gif

i can still answer other questions you have, as long as they don't pertain to specific information on products/collections that mac has not already publicly released.

this is what i just found out today at update. i know it sucks, but i don't wanna lose my job.

your job is far more important than telling us sneaky lil titbits! don't get in trouble for us
nope.gif

do you know when that information is likely to be released then?

CoralBlast

yes but you can still share your opinion right ? like what do you think of twists of tartan i only go for bright stuff. Or what is the texture like on the single ones
can you, can you please ?(imagine a cute little puppy begging - that's me)

you are the greatest erin, you really make my day!

laylalovesmac

Quote:
cry.gif

sneaky.gif

Quote:
your job is far more important than telling us sneaky lil titbits! don't get in trouble for us
nope.gif

iagree.gif

That does suck!!! But, like spunky said, leaking info is SO not worth losing your job.
yes.gif

And we appreciate everything!!!
greengrin.gif
heart.gif
th_kiss.gif

Is this a recent change, or were you a rebel before?
lol.gif

LMD84

i'm so excited! the sahdows sound fabulous!!!! the green one and perhaps the grey looking one will come home with me. i'm very excited for the nail sets and to see what pigments are coming out too. it sucks that you can't leak the info Erin, but good that non employees can!
winkiss.gif

Naynadine

Veteran Moderator
Staff member
Does anybody know how many grams of blushes/bp are in the face kits? Just curious how much it is compared to the regular sizes.

erine1881

Quote:
nope.gif

that i don't know. i'm assuming that if a senior artist or someone of that status mentions something about a collection or product on twitter, or in a magazine, etc, then its ok. seeing as how global communications has to approve that information before its published, then its fair game.
th_dunno.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoralBlast
yes but you can still share your opinion right ? like what do you think of twists of tartan i only go for bright stuff. Or what is the texture like on the single ones
can you, can you please ?(imagine a cute little puppy begging - that's me)

you are the greatest erin, you really make my day!

i can share my opinion, yes. but we can not share any information about upcoming products or launches until global comm does.

what i can say is something like:

-if you like bright shadows, then you're gonna love our holiday sets.
-if you like palettes, then you're gonna wanna check out our holiday sets.
-well you know how mac is, they release a new mascara every few months, so...

does that make sense?

eidetica

I don't want to ruin anybody's day- but I already have all those colors. A lot of you do too. SO many repromotes!

I'll buy the pigments, it's a religious rite. And back up Cremesheen liners and get set up with black in that. And that pink blush. But other than those? I already have it, or it looks awful on me. Contrary to some peoples odd beleifs, not every one looks good in corals and many of us hate lustre lippies.

I'll buy a couple pallets, but ramp up my VV list. That seems to be the Party Wear this year.

LMD84

i'm pleased that a couple of the VV products are making an appearance in the holiday sets
smiles.gif
at least when i have more money i can get them!
smiles.gif

TeresitaMC

Awww Erin! It's totally understandable! There is no way I'd want you to say a peep if it meant you'd get in trouble or worse! Thank you anyways for letting us know and everything you always do for us! We can't wait for the day we can find out more
greengrin.gif
. You are truly appreciated, darling
winkiss.gif
th_hug.gif
heart.gif

erine1881

Quote:
Originally Posted by laylalovesmac
Is this a recent change, or were you a rebel before?
lol.gif

this is something new. for my specific location, we've been told we can't show customers the update book, the products, hold things before the collection launches, ANYTHING anymore, which really sucks! and i'm surprised at all the locations that are letting customers pre-order, see the products early, and employees showing people (not calling anyone out, just saying in general) the update book and photos, when my location can't do squat anymore! and especially when pro stores release a week early and online 2 days early! it makes no sense to me at all!
th_dunno.gif

as for the second part of your question, deep down i'm a lil
graucho.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by LMD84
it sucks that you can't leak the info Erin, but good that non employees can!
winkiss.gif

winkiss.gif
there's always a loophole!

erine1881

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeresitaMC
Awww Erin! It's totally understandable! There is no way I'd want you to say a peep if it meant you'd get in trouble or worse! Thank you anyways for letting us know and everything you always do for us! We can't wait for the day we can find out more
greengrin.gif
. You are truly appreciated, darling
winkiss.gif
th_hug.gif
heart.gif

as soon as pro stores release the collection, or the collection and/or colours are mentioned in magazines, by all means lemme know! that means its public, and that means i can blab!

Camnagem

Quote:

Totally understandable, of course!

We really appreciate everything you do here for us, thanks so much for even taking the time to answer our questions (sometimes over and over again!).

Can you answer questions like...did you get to see anything for collections after the holiday? If so, exciting or meh?

erine1881

holy shit! its 3:30am already! i've been catching up in this thread, and haven't even opened the VV thread (i'm afraid to look!). i need to go to bed!

spunky

Quote:
as soon as pro stores release the collection, or the collection and/or colours are mentioned in magazines, by all means lemme know! that means its public, and that means i can blab!

does this apply to the post-holiday collections too?

go to bed missy! you need a rest after staying here answering all our questions
smiles.gif

erine1881

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camnagem
Totally understandable, of course!

We really appreciate everything you do here for us, thanks so much for even taking the time to answer our questions (sometimes over and over again!).

Can you answer questions like...did you get to see anything for collections after the holiday? If so, exciting or meh?

...and over, and over, and over again.
th_LMAO.gif

i can answer that!

the couture collection? meh. i'm liking the thing that was in the picture that goes around the neck. i'd take out the stuff that comes in it and put in something else, such as lipconditioner. (ya see what i did there!?
graucho.gif
)
the brush that the couture collections have? well, this year, $$
wtff.gif
$$ the names are cute, but, eh.

the boxing day collection is all about new years eve! think those colours. and people have been asking for new colours of a certain eye product, so they might be happy.

any highlight powders this season will NOT have overspray!

there's a collection all about hot pink, hot orange, and purples.

remember when...mac did coloured mascara?

there isn't a fake lash colletion, but...

who likes blue lips? and i don't mean blue like chillin'!

listen to hergreyness when it comes to eye products.

erine1881

Quote:
does this apply to the post-holiday collections too?

go to bed missy! you need a rest after staying here answering all our questions
smiles.gif

it applies to every collection that has yet to launch.
ssad.gif