MAC - Holiday 2010 A Tartan Tale Discussion

Hay Mich

I am loving all the lip stuff! Can't wait for this collection although my wallet will be hurting. Thankfully, I can get some of these as holiday gifts!

LMD84

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soul Unique
It was definitely not lime, more bottle green...

I'm gonna have a look for the video - it was quite a boring vid overall hence why I didn't post lol.

awesome! bottle green sounds good!

the mini nail polish kit will also be mine! i know what i'll be getting for Christmas!!

Susanne

The Viva Glam info is up now as well!
smiles.gif

Eleentje

This is going to be a massive haul for me! I hope to be able to cut the list down, when he swatches will finally be available (or it will only grow bigger, eeep :O )

My preliminary wish list:
Warm Thrillseekers pigments/glitters
Cool Thrillseekers pigments/glitters
6 Beauties Play it Cool Eye Shadows
6 Reelers & Rockers Eye Shadows
Black Swan pearlglide
Pigments:
Later
Moonlight Night
The Family Crest

These will be my maybes:

Large eyeshadows: A Wish Come True, Enviably Fun, Glamora Castle
Lipsticks: Cut a Caper, The Faerie Glen

Can a girl ever have too many eyeshadows? LOL

cutegingerbread

Quote:
Originally Posted by retrofox
Hi guys! So excited about this collection!!
drools.gif
Today I stopped by at my local MAC store and I got to see the product book for TT! Almost everything I saw was stuff already posted, but I did get to see the Kids Helping Kids bear and did you know there are 2?! They're both the same bear, but one is a teddy bear ($15) and the other is a keychain ($12)! They say "Kids Helping Kids" across the belly and they both come in the same plaid print that is more on the blue side. Also saw the Viva Glam set and its Viva Glam V lipstick and Viva Glam V lipglass with an all red plaid lip bag (like the other lip bags). Hope that helped a little! Now I'm off to go budget for this collection! Oh, and thank you Corinne and Erin for all the info! You ladies rock!

does it say MAC? lol
mac_addict.gif

Eleentje

Quote:
Originally Posted by LMD84
luckily my hubby just said i was cute for getting excited!
smiles.gif
and he knows how important it is to sort out the VV stuff! i will be so upset if what i want sells out before i can get it!

Hey hun, is it being released in the UK next Tues?
wondering.gif

HOTasFCUK

Awww too bad they didn't repromote Wolf pearlglide! I want it badly!

I have Black Russian pearlglide and i'm using it everyday....which of the new pearlglides would be the best match to it?

LMD84

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eleentje
Hey hun, is it being released in the UK next Tues?
wondering.gif

well it has been said that it will be in store on 7th oct. but no offcial word yet. but i'm stalking the site from now onwards!

purplerinne

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOTasFCUK
Awww too bad they didn't repromote Wolf pearlglide! I want it badly!

I have Black Russian pearlglide and i'm using it everyday....which of the new pearlglides would be the best match to it?

The new Black one...i forgot the name already. I want it to be Black Russian on crack
th_LMAO.gif

elegant-one

Quote:
Originally Posted by purplerinne
The new Black one...i forgot the name already. I want it to be Black Russian on crack
th_LMAO.gif

yes.gif
whoa baby...cause I LOVE Black Russian!

sinergy

thank you ladies for all the info you were able to obtain/share with us, it is very appreciated and I was gone to a hair show all weekend, but as soon as it was over, i was focused on getting home and reading collection info after everyone went to update!
lol.gif

I have a huge list, and its making me want to put off buying more venemous villains so i can start saving for the holiday stuff, so much sounds great!!

Eleentje

Quote:
Originally Posted by LMD84
well it has been said that it will be in store on 7th oct. but no offcial word yet. but i'm stalking the site from now onwards!

Thank you!
Looks like I'll have to keep my watchful eye on it too now, seeing how quickly everything has gone on the US site, and harass my sister to watch it, while I'm at work. And I know she's gonna nag that I shouldn't be spending so much money on makeup, while I have drawers full of it!
I have no choice though, since Mac site is blocked at work, along with Specktra, grr
angry.gif
BOO!

erine1881

Quote:
Originally Posted by tamarindi
OMG I want that mascara! I don't know if i'll be brave enough to wear it but I don't care...

there isn't a green mascara.

yet.

graucho.gif

you will see
graucho.gif
and
sneaky.gif
from me ALOT from now on.

cutey.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by HerGreyness
th_wink3.gif
sneaky.gif
yes maam
yes.gif
I hear ya calling my name
yummy.gif
cutey.gif

holla!
clapping.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by elegant-one
lol.gif
hahaha

I just loved reading the "let's get as much information out of Erine without getting her fired" game!

Priceless
girlhaha.gif

its so fun! as long as i'm following the
rules.gif
!

Quote:
Originally Posted by elegant-one
I think that in the story thread - the old pics of the old es palettes/sets should be removed to avoid confusion. The old ones are pretty much irrelevant at this point anyway. just my humble opinion
winks.gif

i like you. and i like humble. and i like your opinion.

i agree!

Quote:
well I just want to make this clear...i am NOT a MAC employee so I can and will post new info as fast as I can. LOL i am someone that is just there at the right time and place HAHAA just like me getting a hold of the color story for this collection. I was just walking on by and BAM! Tartan Tale book...hahaha

OH and I don't know how true this is, BUT the products for SWATCHING may be up as early as NEXT WEEK!!!! stay tuned =)

and now that this new rule exists, you come in handy!
yes.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by katred
Maybe paint pots but I'm guessing Starflash...

yes.gif
nope.gif

Quote:
th_LMAO.gif

crack. and speed.

honybr

Add me to the list of pearlglides lovers. I'll have to get Black Swan because I adore the Black Russion one I have now. I'll be adding Black line (black and gold) and Undercurrent (teal w/pearl) to the collection.

What exactly does 'with pearl' mean? Does that make it shimmer? I hope so because I love shimmer.

erine1881

Quote:
Originally Posted by honybr
Add me to the list of pearlglides lovers. I'll have to get Black Swan because I adore the Black Russion one I have now. I'll be adding Black line (black and gold) and Undercurrent (teal w/pearl) to the collection.

What exactly does 'with pearl' mean? Does that make it shimmer? I hope so because I love shimmer.

they shimmer. and sparkle!