MAC - Holiday 2010 A Tartan Tale Discussion

peachsuns

Quote:
Originally Posted by laylalovesmac
Was saving the info on the mini sets for last, and can I just say I am SO excited????

I'll probably skip the lipglass ones, but I might break down just for the names.
blush-anim-cl.gif

Definitely be picking up the mini nail lacquer kit. I've been wanting to try Vintage Vamp, the repromotes are ones I was interested in, and I can never have enough Nocturnelle
lol.gif
The gold sounds lovely, as well.
yes.gif

I'm afraid I want all three pigment sets.
shockt.gif
I don't have any of the shades, and the fact that there are new ones? I'll take all three.
greengrin.gif
I don't like Blue Brown, but my mom loves it, so I may give her that one.

I don't want to think about my total for this collection, to be honest.
nope.gif

EDIT: Okay, okay. I had to add it up.

Chapter 1: $216.50
Chapter 2: We don't have prices yet, but based on past things, I'll be spending at least $156.50, not including the nail set, since I added two lip sets in the last three minutes.
blush-anim-cl.gif

Go girl! You already have totals! Good for you.
yes.gif
th_DANCE.gif
heart.gif

I haven't even gone through the color story yet. Still overwhelmed.
cutey.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by purplerinne
well I just want to make this clear...i am NOT a MAC employee so I can and will post new info as fast as I can. LOL i am someone that is just there at the right time and place HAHAA just like me getting a hold of the color story for this collection. I was just walking on by and BAM! Tartan Tale book...hahaha

OH and I don't know how true this is, BUT the products for SWATCHING may be up as early as NEXT WEEK!!!! stay tuned =)

One word or two? LOL
urock.gif

LMD84

oh my Christ!!! i am so excited for the pigment sets because they have brand new colours in them!!!! on the downside i shall end up buying all three sets though... i cant not have new pigments!!!! but the question is... are the vials the same size as usual?

laylalovesmac

Quote:
Originally Posted by peachsuns
Go girl! You already have totals! Good for you.
yes.gif
th_DANCE.gif
heart.gif

I haven't even gone through the color story yet. Still overwhelmed.
cutey.gif

One word or two? LOL
urock.gif

Corinne does rock!!!
urock.gif

The totals are just approximations... I think I can cut it somewhere. Except for the sets. MUST HAVE.
th_drool.gif
And the two palettes I like... and the lipsticks. and that blush. and the pigments. and the pearlglides. yeah I can't cut anything.
blush-anim-cl.gif
lol.gif

LMD84

serously i am so excited for new pigments... my hubby just laughed at me because i was squeeling with delight!!

MACwinked

Quote:
Originally Posted by LMD84
serously i am so excited for new pigments... my hubby just laughed at me because i was squeeling with delight!!

My husband always rolls his eyes at me when I get excited over new make-up goodies. Last year after we got married, he always complained that I spent too much money on make-up, so I bought him a PS3 and he was a happy camper after that point!

I am SO stoked about Softwash Grey and Silver Fog pigments. I have been lemming a new silver pigment, so the cool set is right up my alley!

LMD84

Quote:
Originally Posted by MACwinked
My husband always rolls his eyes at me when I get excited over new make-up goodies. Last year after we got married, he always complained that I spent too much money on make-up, so I bought him a PS3 and he was a happy camper after that point!

I am SO stoked about Softwash Grey and Silver Fog pigments. I have been lemming a new silver pigment, so the cool set is right up my alley!

silver fog is a lovely silver! and super pretty when applied wet
smiles.gif
softwash grey is also lovely but very chunky
smiles.gif

Shadowy Lady

woohoo, this collection sounds amazing! Thank you Corinne and Erin for the info and everything
smiles.gif

I already have Later but I will snag Moonlight Night and Family Crest pigments. They both sound gorgeous!

I loooooved the pearl glides. Black Swan sounds amazing! I will also get Lord it Up.

For the first time ever in my 4 years of collecting MAC, I'm actually interested in palettes and bags, lol! I was 6 Reekers and Rockers and 6 Beauties Play it Cool palettes and the Warm Thrillseaker pigment bag.

Can't wait!

laylalovesmac

I'm kind of considering a brush set, too.
winkiss.gif
But, after the stories of them breaking, I'm weary. But it might be nice to have a good travel set, right?
th_confused_new.gif

bellaboomboom

Quote:

Lordy, I can't even bring this up to my husband right now. Not after all the VV fuss. That about drove him crazy.

cutegingerbread

Quote:
oh my Christ!!! i am so excited for the pigment sets because they have brand new colours in them!!!! on the downside i shall end up buying all three sets though... i cant not have new pigments!!!! but the question is... are the vials the same size as usual?

I really want mac to do the little pigments like how they did the spring colour forecast stack jars pigments, seems more convenient than those teeny vials!

Quote:
Originally Posted by laylalovesmac
I'm kind of considering a brush set, too.
winkiss.gif
But, after the stories of them breaking, I'm weary. But it might be nice to have a good travel set, right?
th_confused_new.gif

I had one break on me but I just used industrial glue to put it back and I didn't have anymore problems, the problem for me is the scratchyness
ssad.gif

retrofox

Hi guys! So excited about this collection!!
drools.gif
Today I stopped by at my local MAC store and I got to see the product book for TT! Almost everything I saw was stuff already posted, but I did get to see the Kids Helping Kids bear and did you know there are 2?! They're both the same bear, but one is a teddy bear ($15) and the other is a keychain ($12)! They say "Kids Helping Kids" across the belly and they both come in the same plaid print that is more on the blue side. Also saw the Viva Glam set and its Viva Glam V lipstick and Viva Glam V lipglass with an all red plaid lip bag (like the other lip bags). Hope that helped a little! Now I'm off to go budget for this collection! Oh, and thank you Corinne and Erin for all the info! You ladies rock!

LMD84

Quote:
Originally Posted by bellaboomboom
Lordy, I can't even bring this up to my husband right now. Not after all the VV fuss. That about drove him crazy.

luckily my hubby just said i was cute for getting excited!
smiles.gif
and he knows how important it is to sort out the VV stuff! i will be so upset if what i want sells out before i can get it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cutegingerbread
I really want mac to do the little pigments like how they did the spring colour forecast stack jars pigments, seems more convenient than those teeny vials!

I had one break on me but I just used industrial glue to put it back and I didn't have anymore problems, the problem for me is the scratchyness
ssad.gif

yes that is such a good idea! the stackable jars would be much better!
smiles.gif

Soul Unique

Quote:
Originally Posted by erine1881
-well you know how mac is, they release a new mascara every few months, so...

does that make sense?

Yep! I saw the green mascara on MACs youtube channel a few days ago!

bellaboomboom

Quote:
luckily my hubby just said i was cute for getting excited!
smiles.gif
and he knows how important it is to sort out the VV stuff! i will be so upset if what i want sells out before i can get it!

yes that is such a good idea! the stackable jars would be much better!
smiles.gif

I hope you do too! Fingers and toes are crossed!

LMD84

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soul Unique
Yep! I saw the green mascara on MACs youtube channel a few days ago!

green mascara?! oh hell yeah! i hope it's a dark forest green rather than bright lime green though!

Soul Unique

Quote:
green mascara?! oh hell yeah! i hope it's a dark forest green rather than bright lime green though!

It was definitely not lime, more bottle green...

I'm gonna have a look for the video - it was quite a boring vid overall hence why I didn't post lol.

bis

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeresitaMC
I am screaming in joy over here - not only am I getting that purple palette because it's so gorgeous and making me glad I skipped the Sorceress one - but they repromoted HOLD MY GAZE in it!!!!! YAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!
yahoo.gif
yahoo.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by s_lost
Exactly what I thought!!!
th_DANCE.gif

Me three! I was screaming from joy. My palette from last year has huge dents already.