MAC - Holiday 2010 A Tartan Tale Discussion

purplerinne

well I just want to make this clear...i am NOT a MAC employee so I can and will post new info as fast as I can. LOL i am someone that is just there at the right time and place HAHAA just like me getting a hold of the color story for this collection. I was just walking on by and BAM! Tartan Tale book...hahaha

OH and I don't know how true this is, BUT the products for SWATCHING may be up as early as NEXT WEEK!!!! stay tuned =)

martiangurll

Pink lippies could be fun--and with lustre I know they will be soft n subtle--perfect for my January and Feb look--pale and pastey
Cut a Caper- mid tone peachy pink (lustre)
The Faerie Glen- pale neutral pink (lustre)

but the purple lippies have me very titillated!

Full Fuschia- bright blue fuchsia (amplified)
Courting Lilac- sheer lilac mauve with soft gold pearl (glaze)

Oh yes, they will both be mine!

Piggie sets I can wait until they hit ACW and just get the individual piggies I want or beg samples. Too bad we don't have decant pigment circles on this forum...

spunky

Quote:
Originally Posted by HerGreyness
I so agree with not putting Erin in jeopardy -- sometimes a lot is asked of her and it is almost impossible to predict or really know with a certainty as to what products/colours/packaging etc. will actually be brought to market.

I have read a lot of the comments on the MegaMetals --- which I posted months ago voluntarily as I do not work for MAC directly. Frankly, I too am jeopardizing my work/contracts and in reading some of the comments I realize that my posting swatches this early only causes confusion.

I apologize to Spectra/ the moderators and all posters, and will remove all pics of product from that damned photobucket album.

i'm sad that MAC are doing this, but of course your employment is far more important than anything else. the last thing that any of us want is you or any of our specktrettes who work for MAC losing their jobs.
ssad.gif

thanks to you and everyone else for giving us so much info in the past, you have no idea how much we appreciate it
th_hug.gif

honybr

Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleMaryJane
I need to see product pics and swatches... It may just be me but I don't really get anything out of the color descriptions, I need to SEE it.

This is me all day long. There are a couple of things I am interested in. I was going to pass this by but I don't see me not getting a couple of Dazzleglasses or eyeliners.

I'm going to try and be calm about this one, but sometimes the anticipation and the 'chase' is fun. I guess I know where I'll be hanging out when VV calms down. Looking forward to talking with you all!
th_hello2.gif

Susanne

Quote:
Originally Posted by elegant-one
I think that in the story thread - the old pics of the old es palettes/sets should be removed to avoid confusion. The old ones are pretty much irrelevant at this point anyway. just my humble opinion
winks.gif

Ok. I am listening!
winkiss.gif

miss-lilly

Quote:
On the other hand, the companies should realize that releasing early speculative product information, pics, etc. is what keeps the consumers engine running for the releases
smiles.gif
Its brilliant - as we can all see, it has worked here for a long time

I totally agree with this! That's why MAC has the biggest part of a forum dedicated to it. For me, that's half of the fun, the early info, planning months in advance and discussing all the way until (and after) the collection is released. It has definitely worked very well until now so I hope that MAC doesn't take this away
th_dunno.gif

Even though, if this happens it would probably be good news for my wallet...

elegant-one

Quote:
Originally Posted by purplerinne
well I just want to make this clear...i am NOT a MAC employee so I can and will post new info as fast as I can. LOL i am someone that is just there at the right time and place HAHAA just like me getting a hold of the color story for this collection. I was just walking on by and BAM! Tartan Tale book...hahaha

OH and I don't know how true this is, BUT the products for SWATCHING may be up as early as NEXT WEEK!!!! stay tuned =)

girlhaha.gif
urock.gif
I love it

laylalovesmac

Quote:
Originally Posted by spunky
whee! the cool pigments just jumped onto my list!

salina - mine was already about £150 which is about $240
th_LMAO.gif
and it's just going up and up and up! think my family and friends will have to make do with hand made cards this year
tong.gif

Yes- I'll be doing cards this year, too, which is fine since my family is the opposite of materialistic. in fact, they usually toss whatever I get them by may
lol.gif
This will be a ginormous haul. I just hope I can save in time after my big VV haul.
shockt.gif

Quote:
On the other hand, the companies should realize that releasing early speculative product information, pics, etc. is what keeps the consumers engine running for the releases
smiles.gif
Its brilliant - as we can all see, it has worked here for a long time

I was thinking about this when I went to bed last night. Knowing about the products early gets my hyped up and gives me something to look forward to. Also gives me time to budget and save!
yes.gif

Quote:
i'm sad that MAC are doing this, but of course your employment is far more important than anything else. the last thing that any of us want is you or any of our specktrettes who work for MAC losing their jobs.
ssad.gif

thanks to you and everyone else for giving us so much info in the past, you have no idea how much we appreciate it
th_hug.gif

Exactly.
yes.gif

miss-lilly

Quote:
ssad.gif

th_hug.gif

Very well said!
It's sad that this happening but of course it's not worth the risk.
Thank you so much for everything! It's very much appreciated
yes.gif

BTW purplerinne I love your post
th_LMAO.gif

HOTasFCUK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susanne
Yes, there will be mini nail polishes in a set!!

Finally the information about the mini sets. Check out!

http://www.specktra.net/forum/f250/m...y-10-a-168903/

Thanks for posting!!! Whew finally we get to know whats in the mini sets! Haven't we been waiting for almost-ever???

I'm excited for the coral set especially since Mimmy is in it and i don't want to pay ebay prices for the HK one. And this mini pigment sounds hot: jigs & jives-naked taupe!!!

Can't wait for all the swatches and of course for these collections to hit the damn stores and counters!!! Ohhh has anyone seen the Viva Glam kit yet? I'm hoping for a Cyndi or Gaga l/s and l/g set!

elegant-one

I do empathize with all who gather information to post at Specktra - you guys will never know what I went through to get those early pictures of VV
greengrin.gif

hoshiakari_

hello ladies!
I will now be joining in the anticipation of TT now that VV is almost past us.
greengrin.gif

Thus far, my list is:
Cut a Caper Mid tone peachy pink (Lustre) (Limited Edition)
The Faerie Glen Pale neutral pink (Lustre) (Limited Edition)
Golden Crown Light gold with bronze tartan striping
Semi-Precious Aubergine with chocolate tartan striping
The Family Crest blackend bronze with bronze pearl (Frost) (Limited Edition)
Undercurrent Teal with pearl (Limited Edition) (Repromote)
Lord it Up Bronze with pearl (Limited Edition)

Total: $116.50 (sans tax)

For sure I am getting the liners and pigment.
greengrin.gif

But I'll need to see swatches of the rest just to make sure I'll really want 'em.
yes.gif

silentstorm143

From the pigment sets I only want some of the colors I am not a neutral colors kinda gal I only want
Warm Thrillseekers pigments/glitters:
reflects bronze
most darling-medium brown shimmer
gift o' glamour-pale metallic pink
gold mode
gilded green

Smokey Thrillseekers pigments/glitters:
reflects blackened red
naked?
jigs & jives-naked taupe
blue brown
dark soul

What pig sets I do get I will prob end up just keeping the ones I do want and selling or giving away the rest

1 UP Mushrooms

Probably won't be getting much stuff, maybe just the single eye shadows...But I do want to say I'm quite disappointed that the purple palette contains 2 repromotes from 2009's purple palette! (Hold My Gaze & Altered State) How lazy is that?
angry.gif

banana1234

mac! why must you taunt us so!? i want to see pictures and swatches! damn you mac!
getyou.gif

so glad we already have seen the full size pigments, i think that's all i want

katred

Specktra Bestie
AM I the only one who thinks that the new Erin game of trying to guess from hints what's coming up is kind of fun? Who likes blue lips? Aw hell yeah! People wanting new colours in a certain eye product? Maybe paint pots but I'm guessing Starflash...

Thanks very much to all those who were able to get information of various sorts in the past & present. This really adds fun to make-up collecting!

So from TT, I swore I was going to try to do a smaller haul, but they're making that as difficult as possible. I'm potentially interested in two full-sized pigments, four lipsticks, one blush, at least two of the eye shadows and two eye palettes. This is without even getting into pigment sets, which I'm trying not to pay attention to, or the nail polish set, which actually looks pretty cool. Help me.

laylalovesmac

My list is growing scarily fast. As of now, I want all of the sets (
lol.gif
), one blush, two pigments, four lipsticks, two palettes, and three pearlglides.
shockt.gif

But, my mom loves and encourages my Scotland obsession, so I have a feeling a lot of this stuff will be birthday and Christmas presents, which I wouldn't be opposed to.
graucho.gif

I'm already imagining Black Line with The Family Crest and drooling.
th_drool.gif

panther27

Quote:
Originally Posted by erine1881
it applies to every collection that has yet to launch.
ssad.gif

r u serious?that blows,but my friend who works as counter manager is back,so she will prolly pull some strings for me
choochoo.gif