MAC - Holiday 2010 A Tartan Tale Discussion

Susanne

Quote:
Originally Posted by bellaboomboom
I was told the same thing at my counter yesterday. Start saving everyone!

I will. Gift cards and birthday money next week.

lovesongx

I can't imagine what a cat humping a teddy looks like?
th_LMAO.gif
I didn't even realised cats humped - I thought that was just dogs!
I'm looking forward to picking up the cool and warm pigment sets and maybe a palette!

cutegingerbread

Wanted to post my wishlist...
mac_addict.gif
lol already planning a month early

6 Dashing Lassie Eye Shadows US$ 36.00 (maybe)
Once Upon A Time - unkown
Bronze- copper penny (frost)
Buckwheat- frosty medium brown (frost)
A Dashing Lassie- metallic milk (frost)
Magical Mist- metallic taupe (lustre)
Showstopper- dark brown (matte)

6 Reelers & Rockers Eye Shadows US$ 36.00
Carbon- dark carbon (matte)
White Rabbit- shimmer white (pearl)
Melt my Heart- metallic silver (vp)
Gaelic Gold- metallic gold (vp)
Crown & Sceptre- metallic copper (vp)
Family Treasure- metallic bronze (vp)

Cool Thrillseekers pigments/glitters US$ 32.50
reflects pearl
silver fog
cheers my dear!-pale violet
softwash grey
mauvement

mini sir teddy keychain -$13 (maybe)

Total (w/o tax)- $117.50...not...TOO bad
choochoo.gif
I might hold off on the single shadows since I'm more excited about the mega metal ones!
th_DANCE.gif

cutegingerbread

Quote:
Originally Posted by LMD84
^ great list!
smiles.gif

thank u! i'm trying to keep it shorter since I need to budget for the other ones
yes.gif

anything I missed that I "need"?
cutey.gif

AndSparkle

Oh crumbs.. I feel like this is literally here already, and we've not even had VV yet.. such a weird feeling? Now I have to try and plan what I want.. but right now, I pretty much want everythingggg. :'(

Eleentje

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesongx
I didn't even realised cats humped - I thought that was just dogs!

Cats are sneaky humpers, unlike dogs
greengrin.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by cutegingerbread
I might hold off on the single shadows since I'm more excited about the mega metal ones!

I'll probably be doing the same, although it all depends on what kind of finish these have.

I can't wait for the swatches now
greengrin.gif

cutegingerbread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eleentje

I'll probably be doing the same, although it all depends on what kind of finish these have.

I can't wait for the swatches now
greengrin.gif

me tooo! of everything!
yes.gif

LMD84

Quote:
Originally Posted by cutegingerbread
thank u! i'm trying to keep it shorter since I need to budget for the other ones
yes.gif

anything I missed that I "need"?
cutey.gif

cut a caper lipstick is on my list but i love pinks!
smiles.gif

laylalovesmac

Quote:
Originally Posted by spunky
i really want the bear, but i know that my puppy would take a shine to it and steal him!

I would like to get him, too, but I know my dog would drag him outside and leave him there.
ssad.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rinstar
Not sure if this has been mentioned before, but when I picked up my VV stuff, the MA told me that they would start preselling TT on October 9!!!! That's soon!!!!

No!!!! That is so not enough time!
angry.gif

But, stuff never really sells out that fast at my counter.
shrugs.gif
I'll probably be okay waiting to order right before it comes out.

Still haven't cut much, like, at all.
nope.gif

The Faerie Glen l/s
Cut a Caper l/s
The Family Crest p/m
Moonlight Night p/m
My Highland Honey p/b
6 Beauties Play It Cool
6 Reelers & Rockers
Sassy Coral Lassies
Sassy Pink Lassies
Cool Thrillseekers
Warm Thrillseekers
Smokey Thrillseekers

Total: $315
shockt.gif

Crap.

HebrideanSprite

Quote:
Originally Posted by laylalovesmac
I would like to get him, too, but I know my dog would drag him outside and leave him there.
ssad.gif

No!!!! That is so not enough time!
angry.gif

But, stuff never really sells out that fast at my counter.
shrugs.gif
I'll probably be okay waiting to order right before it comes out.

Still haven't cut much, like, at all.
nope.gif

The Faerie Glen l/s
Cut a Caper l/s
The Family Crest p/m
Moonlight Night p/m
My Highland Honey p/b
6 Beauties Play It Cool
6 Reelers & Rockers
Sassy Coral Lassies
Sassy Pink Lassies
Cool Thrillseekers
Warm Thrillseekers
Smokey Thrillseekers

Total: $315
shockt.gif

Crap.

That was my reaction to my first list too but swatches are going to be my saviour!
th_worship.gif
Hopefully we'll get some soon!
specktra_rocks.gif

HOTasFCUK

Quote:
Yeah, my cat Marcus stole a teddy bear that was on my jewelry box. It's become his slave. All the fur is coming off from him humping it!
girlhaha.gif

But I do want that TT Teddy too!

OMG slave i laughed so hard!

LOL my grandmother has a real red fox fur stole that she lays on the end of her bed that my mom wore with her "going away outfit" after her wedding when her and my dad left the reception. So my orange cat Phantom must think this thing is his mom or girlfriend or something because he sneaks into the bedroom, curls up with it, and even licks it somethings! He also fights with it and has ripped off the ears and chunks of fur! I have two cats but he prefers to cuddle with his "Foxy Lady". My brother even saw him once and asked "Ewww what is your cat doing with that thing?". I got to post a pic of it one day, they look like twins!

My cousin has a Yorkshire Terrier and he has this little thing called "Bear Bear" that he rapes! My aunt actually as to wash the poor thing and i'll let you figure out why!

These MAC bears must be kept away from all pets
nonono.gif
hehehehe

laylalovesmac

Quote:
Originally Posted by HebrideanSprite
That was my reaction to my first list too but swatches are going to be my saviour!
th_worship.gif
Hopefully we'll get some soon!
specktra_rocks.gif

Yes- hopefully swatches will cut this in half.
greengrin.gif

spunky

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOTasFCUK
OMG slave i laughed so hard!

LOL my grandmother has a real red fox fur stole that she lays on the end of her bed that my mom wore with her "going away outfit" after her wedding when her and my dad left the reception. So my orange cat Phantom must think this thing is his mom or girlfriend or something because he sneaks into the bedroom, curls up with it, and even licks it somethings! He also fights with it and has ripped off the ears and chunks of fur! I have two cats but he prefers to cuddle with his "Foxy Lady". My brother even saw him once and asked "Ewww what is your cat doing with that thing?". I got to post a pic of it one day, they look like twins!

My cousin has a Yorkshire Terrier and he has this little thing called "Bear Bear" that he rapes! My aunt actually as to wash the poor thing and i'll let you figure out why!

These MAC bears must be kept away from all pets
nonono.gif
hehehehe

ahahahahahahahaha!!! ewwww! i tell you, my dog tried it on with my leg once and i had him at the vet before he could finish! not having that malarky!

omgitzstephanie

Guess who got her first ever invite to an MAC unveiling?!
I'm so excited even though I'm only interested in the eyeshadows. Anyways, its on October 19 from 7-9 (if you guys didn't already know)
smiles.gif

Heres a picture of the postcard:
postcard-1.jpg

Miaow

LOL oh dear!
lol.gif

First holiday collection! I skipped last years, but this one sounds great, I love pearlglide eyeliners - they look great on the lower lash line
yes.gif

The blushes look lovely too, but if the coral one looks to yellow... I dunno =/

Oh, I don't know if it's been mentioned but do we know if the mini nail polishes will have a large or a small brush? I can't be painting my nails with a tiny brush
thmbdn.gif

martiangurll

I think I will need Fairie Glen just for the name although a pale pink sounds lovely. Of course Courting Lilac is a must!

Romancing DGC sounds promising. Can't wait to see swatches. Lord it Up Pearlglide will be a winner for me--love the bronzey eyeliners.

Style Clan nail lacquer sounds beautiful, I can't wait to see this IRL.

It is really had to narrow down the kits to a single choice. I think the Swing Violets Mineralize kit sounds like a solid pick for Team Purple gals...

I can't believe they are taking orders on 10/09. My MAC MA confirmed last night. I think I will need a brush set. Just because of the darn Tartan bag...

mystery

Quote:
Yeah, my cat Marcus stole a teddy bear that was on my jewelry box. It's become his slave. All the fur is coming off from him humping it!
girlhaha.gif

lol.gif
my little dog used to have a stuffed-toy rabbit called Warren that she used to hump all-day, everyday (yes, she is a girl, and she humps + cocks her leg
girlhaha.gif
) then Warren disappeared under the house one day when we got our new puppy, never to be seen again. Now she just humps the puppy-turned-huge-rottweiler instead :p

Back on topic- I LOVE the promo pics for this collection! They all look amazing. I love the models hair
greengrin.gif