MAC - Holiday 2010 A Tartan Tale Discussion

StarrySim

Wow, I didn't realize this would be such a huge collection, and I also didn't realize it's coming out so soon! I've made a quick tentative wishlist, it includes:

Lipsticks:
Cut a Caper-
The Faerie Glen-

Eyeshadows - I may pass on these because I don't like shadows that don't fit my palettes.
A Wish Come True-
Semi- Precious-

Violet My Love Lash & Line kit US$ 36.00
Fluidline in Macroviolet- dark grape
Pigment in Violet- bright metallic purple
Mascara in Zoomblack-black
209SE Eyeliner brush

My Scottish Fling Mineralize kit US$49.50
Budding Romance lipglass
Pink Split MES
Fresco Rose paintpot
Promo Zoom Lash Mascara

The above two would be mostly for Fresco Rose and Macroviolet, so we'll see.

StarrySim

Oh, do we know whether the lipsticks will be special packaging? B2M possible?

And what's the deal with the Canadian release date? Usually it's the same for US and Canada.

coachkitten

Quote:
Originally Posted by laylalovesmac
Hi!
greengrin.gif

So, I just got invited to my first MAC holiday unveiling event (
th_DANCE.gif
) and I was wondering what to expect at a holiday launch since I've never been to one.
th_confused_new.gif

TIA!!!
heart.gif

They are a lot of fun! They tend to be really crowded so be prepared. Try and get there a bit early to get in line if your store/counter is pretty busy. They ususally have a festive alcoholic & non-alcoholic drinks served by cute boy models. They also have little hors d'oeuvres as well.

Usually the event is before the actual launch so you can get the products early.

They are a lot of fun and I really enjoy going to them!
smiles.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by spunky
do these sets usually end up in CCOs? i'm trying to decide whether i'm better getting the mini piggies now or later
th_dunno.gif

Normally my CCO gets a TON of these!

shontay07108

Hmm...I think I need to drop by my local Mac to see if I can get an invite to this unveiling event (if they're having one).
sneaky.gif

I really wanted My Highland Honey until I looked at the swatch. I see it looks a lot like Gina by Nars to me (which is my favorite blush ever). I can skip it. However, if I happen to have extra cash at the time...
mac_haul.gif

elegant-one

Quote:
Originally Posted by shontay07108
Hmm...I think I need to drop by my local Mac to see if I can get an invite to this unveiling event (if they're having one).
sneaky.gif

I really wanted My Highland Honey until I looked at the swatch. I see it looks a lot like Gina by Nars to me (which is my favorite blush ever). I can skip it. However, if I happen to have extra cash at the time...
mac_haul.gif

where is the swatch? In the swatch thread....if it is, I missed it
th_dunno.gif

never mind - I saw that one
tong.gif

banana1234

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarrySim

And what's the deal with the Canadian release date? Usually it's the same for US and Canada.

they are usually just in regular mac packaging so b2m away!

erine1881

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilithsnake6
Thanks Erin! I was wondering the same thing & I couldn't find it, 1 more question though, did I hear right that the Oct release is the color story & the eyeshadow palettes? or is it just the color story... after VV, I'm not sure how much more makeup my family will tolerate
winks.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susanne
Color story and eye palettes for the US in October I guess. All the bags and mini sets in November then.

actually susanne, all the bags come out the 28th as well. nov 11th is the 3 mini gloss sets, 3 mini pigment sets and the mini nails.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HebrideanSprite
You are THE best Erin. Thank-you!

winkiss.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarrySim

yes, you can b2m for these.

laylalovesmac

Quote:
Originally Posted by coachkitten
They are a lot of fun! They tend to be really crowded so be prepared. Try and get there a bit early to get in line if your store/counter is pretty busy. They ususally have a festive alcoholic & non-alcoholic drinks served by cute boy models. They also have little hors d'oeuvres as well.

Usually the event is before the actual launch so you can get the products early.

They are a lot of fun and I really enjoy going to them!
smiles.gif

Cool! I don't think the one where I live will be too crowded, but it is a tiny store, so I will definitely get there early. I will RSVP on Monday!
thmbup.gif

coachkitten

Quote:
Originally Posted by laylalovesmac
Cool! I don't think the one where I live will be too crowded, but it is a tiny store, so I will definitely get there early. I will RSVP on Monday!
thmbup.gif

Have fun and make sure to take lots of pictures for us!
smiles.gif

laylalovesmac

Quote:
Originally Posted by coachkitten
Have fun and make sure to take lots of pictures for us!
smiles.gif

I'll try! But, the only camera I own is my phone.
ssad.gif
I really need to get a good one. But I will definitely report back if I don't have any pics.
greengrin.gif

kaylabella

When I was getting my VV stuff yesterday, the MA asked if I wanted to see some of the testers they got in for TT! Of course I said yes! I have to say the eye palettes look gorgeous, but the one to definitely get your hands on is Reelers and Rockers! The metallics are SO SMOOTH! And the green and blue from the Twists of Tartan palette were gorgeous as well! I wish I had more time to get better swatches and take some pictures though.

HebrideanSprite

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaylabella
When I was getting my VV stuff yesterday, the MA asked if I wanted to see some of the testers they got in for TT! Of course I said yes! I have to say the eye palettes look gorgeous, but the one to definitely get your hands on is Reelers and Rockers! The metallics are SO SMOOTH! And the green and blue from the Twists of Tartan palette were gorgeous as well! I wish I had more time to get better swatches and take some pictures though.

I am soooo jealous of you right now! Did you see the tartan eyeshadows? Did you notice if the tartan is overspray or not? I'm so excited!
yahoo.gif

erine1881

so i guess that since the flyers have been sent out, that means mac has made it public???

you know what that means...!?!?!?

panther27

Quote:
Originally Posted by erine1881
so i guess that since the flyers have been sent out, that means mac has made it public???

you know what that means...!?!?!?

swatches!?did you take some at update maybe?
yahoo.gif

erine1881

Quote:
Originally Posted by panther27
swatches!?did you take some at update maybe?
yahoo.gif

duh!

just downloaded em. need to edit and upload. gimme a few.
thmbup.gif

panther27

Quote:
duh!

thmbup.gif

yessss!
yahoo.gif
thank you!

laylalovesmac

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaylabella

I am SO freaking excited for Reelers and Rockers! I can't wait to pick that one up on the 19th.
thmbup.gif

Quote:
duh!

thmbup.gif

th_worship.gif
Did I mention I love you?
greengrin.gif
heart.gif
lol.gif

erine1881

of the shadows, i like EF and GC. i'm getting a back up later (bought it with A&O) and i'm getting 2 of the other two pigments. and of course the two new PGs and and more undercurrent backups!!!