MAC - Holiday 2010 A Tartan Tale Discussion

laylalovesmac

Quote:
Originally Posted by erine1881
of the shadows, i like EF and GC. i'm getting a back up later (bought it with A&O) and i'm getting 2 of the other two pigments. and of course the two new PGs and and more undercurrent backups!!!

Those are the two I like, too. I think I'll get GC.
thmbup.gif

And I still don't think I can justify the pearlglides since they're not waterline safe.
ssad.gif

HebrideanSprite

Thank-you for the swatches Erin! Can you tell us what the texture of the tartan eyeshadows is like? Are the frosts, mattes etc? And is the Courting Lilac l/s quite sheer? (out of curiosity was the paper they were swatched on white? or grey? Are the colours on your screen fairly close to real life?) Sorry for all the questions!
th_worship.gif
specktra_rocks.gif
yahoo.gif
drools.gif

erine1881

Quote:
Originally Posted by laylalovesmac
Those are the two I like, too. I think I'll get GC.
thmbup.gif

And I still don't think I can justify the pearlglides since they're not waterline safe.
ssad.gif

woman! PGs smudged at the bottom lashline or worn as a shadow all over the lid are
drools.gif
. ya gotta try it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HebrideanSprite
Thank-you for the swatches Erin! Can you tell us what the texture of the tartan eyeshadows is like? Are the frosts, mattes etc? And is the Courting Lilac l/s quite sheer? (out of curiosity was the paper they were swatched on white? or grey? Are the colours on your screen fairly close to real life?) Sorry for all the questions!
th_worship.gif
specktra_rocks.gif
yahoo.gif
drools.gif

they're very creamy-like (not a cream tho) with a satin finish. CL is a glaze, so yes, its sheer. the paper is white computer paper. my swatches are 100% accurate (others here have said so, and i agree), but it all depends on your monitor settings. i go back to work on tuesday, and by the sounds of some people's posts, their counters got shipment in already for this collection. if we got it in as well, rest assured there will be skin swatches tuesday night.

Flaminbird

When I got my m/u done for VV today I asked about this collection and she didnt say much as if she wasnt allowed. She said they don't get their update book or something like that till the 8th of this month for all the upcoming collections coming out and that this comes out in November.

I seemed to know more about what was coming out in it then she did which I thought was odd as she seems pretty informed. Maybe because it was a counter and not a F/S?

HebrideanSprite

Quote:
woman! PGs smudged at the bottom lashline or worn as a shadow all over the lid are
drools.gif
. ya gotta try it!

they're very creamy-like (not a cream tho) with a satin finish. CL is a glaze, so yes, its sheer. the paper is white computer paper. my swatches are 100% accurate (others here have said so, and i agree), but it all depends on your monitor settings. i go back to work on tuesday, and by the sounds of some people's posts, their counters got shipment in already for this collection. if we got it in as well, rest assured there will be skin swatches tuesday night.

I don't doubt the accuracy of your swatches, just wanted to double check because on my screen the paper looked grey so I was a little confused but nevermind me! I want to thank-you for all the time and effort you've put into answering not only my constant questions and others, but the swatches and other things I've missed cause I'm tired too! It really is appreciated! Would you mind if I put the swatch pictures up in a blog post? I'll of course credit you but I figured I should ask first. Thanks again!

laylalovesmac

Quote:
drools.gif
. ya gotta try it!

only for you!
winkiss.gif

as a fellow smokey eye lover (
th_wink3.gif
), which would you recommend out of the five if you could only get one?

kaylabella

Quote:
I am soooo jealous of you right now! Did you see the tartan eyeshadows? Did you notice if the tartan is overspray or not? I'm so excited!
yahoo.gif

All they had were the eye and lip palettes, so i didn't see the individual shadows, unfortunately. But I was just excited to get to see anything already! haha!

I think my list consists of:
Reelers and Rockers
Undercurrent
Either Moonlight Night or Family Crest pigment
Radiant Jewels (it looks AMAZING!)

erine1881

Quote:
I don't doubt the accuracy of your swatches, just wanted to double check because on my screen the paper looked grey so I was a little confused but nevermind me! I want to thank-you for all the time and effort you've put into answering not only my constant questions and others, but the swatches and other things I've missed cause I'm tired too! It really is appreciated! Would you mind if I put the swatch pictures up in a blog post? I'll of course credit you but I figured I should ask first. Thanks again!

anytime dear. if you wanna post em on a blog go right ahead. just credit specktra for them instead of me personally. that way others' swatches will get credit as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by laylalovesmac
only for you!
winkiss.gif

as a fellow smokey eye lover (
th_wink3.gif
), which would you recommend out of the five if you could only get one?

as long as you try em!

i can only choose one? i'd say get black swan for a smokey eye. but everyone needs undercurrent for some sexiness!
graucho.gif
heat.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by RayannaBanana
Deepest Wish lipstick looks kind of like Dark Deed to me. Do I need both?

no, you don't need both. i guess it depends on if you want the packaging for the extra buck.
th_dunno.gif

singer82

Quote:
drools.gif
. ya gotta try it!

th_worship.gif
yahoo.gif
clapping.gif
you are the best! Then I'll know how much I need to save! So do you know for sure what part comes out in oct? Color Story or sets?
Thanks for all you do!
th_hug.gif

erine1881

Quote:
Originally Posted by singer82
th_worship.gif
yahoo.gif
clapping.gif
you are the best! Then I'll know how much I need to save! So do you know for sure what part comes out in oct? Color Story or sets?
Thanks for all you do!
th_hug.gif

i posted this a couple hours ago. everything comes out on oct 28, except for the mini gloss sets, pigment sets and nail polish set, which come out nov 4. (i posted nov 11th earlier cuz that's what others said, and didn't think to check my book to confirm. it comes out on the 4th, a full week earlier. my bad on that.
ssad.gif
)

rowandamia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flaminbird
When I got my m/u done for VV today I asked about this collection and she didnt say much as if she wasnt allowed. She said they don't get their update book or something like that till the 8th of this month for all the upcoming collections coming out and that this comes out in November.

I seemed to know more about what was coming out in it then she did which I thought was odd as she seems pretty informed. Maybe because it was a counter and not a F/S?

when I picked up my VV items at Nordstrom, I got to see the Tartan Tale book. It made me really like the shadows

singer82

Quote:
i posted this a couple hours ago. everything comes out on oct 28, except for the mini gloss sets, pigment sets and nail polish set, which come out nov 4. (i posted nov 11th earlier cuz that's what others said, and didn't think to check my book to confirm. it comes out on the 4th, a full week earlier. my bad on that.
ssad.gif
)

YAY! Thanks for the confirmation
th_worship.gif

Now off to make my TT list!
th_happy1.gif

trulynicole

Are the lip kits actual lipsticks and glosses?

Thanks for the swatches Erin
smiles.gif
I want Cut a Caper, some of the eyeshadows like GC, Passing Fancy and Black Swan.

LMD84

Quote:
Originally Posted by trulynicole
Are the lip kits actual lipsticks and glosses?

Thanks for the swatches Erin
smiles.gif
I want Cut a Caper, some of the eyeshadows like GC, Passing Fancy and Black Swan.

in the lips kits you used to get two lippies and a mini gloss. now it seems you get one lip gloss and one lipstick both full sized in a cute bag
smiles.gif

laylalovesmac

Quote:
as long as you try em!

i can only choose one? i'd say get black swan for a smokey eye. but everyone needs undercurrent for some sexiness!
graucho.gif
heat.gif

no, you don't need both. i guess it depends on if you want the packaging for the extra buck.
th_dunno.gif

good to know about dark deed and deepest wish! i will skip DW since I have DD.
thmbup.gif

black swan it is! and I'll be sure to sneak undercurrent onto my list as well.
graucho.gif

Quote:
ssad.gif
)

that works out perfectly for me! since i'm going to the event now, everything just gets pushed up a week.
greengrin.gif

erin, have you seen the sets? which ones are passable? atm, i want all seven.
ssad.gif