MAC - Holiday 2010 A Tartan Tale Discussion

Susanne

Quote:
Originally Posted by LMD84
in the lips kits you used to get two lippies and a mini gloss. now it seems you get one lip gloss and one lipstick both full sized in a cute bag
smiles.gif

And a mini lip pencil
yes.gif
Says the description.

trulynicole

Quote:
Originally Posted by LMD84
in the lips kits you used to get two lippies and a mini gloss. now it seems you get one lip gloss and one lipstick both full sized in a cute bag
smiles.gif

I was talking about these :) but thank you! :

Happily Ever After Lip Kit ($22.50 U.S. / $26.50 CDN)

Cheers All Around Bright candy pink (Frost) (Lipstick) (Limited Edition)
To Joy Medium pink (Frost) (Lipstick) (Limited Edition)
Endless Fun Sheer frosty pink (Lipglass) (Limited Edition)
A Fabulous Fantasy Lip Kit ($22.50 U.S. / $26.50 CDN)

Storybook Ending Raisin (Lustre) (Lipstick) (Limited Edition)
Imagine This Pinky beige (Amplified) (Lipstick) (Limited Edition)
Heroic Tale Sparkle flesh tone (Lipglass) (Limited Edition)

edit: which of these is the one with the tartan bags? the one up there ^ or:

Vain & Glorious Lip Bag ($36.00 U.S. / $43.00 CDN)

Mellow Mood Sheer pink (Lustre) (Lipstick) (Repromote from Electroflash, ’08)
Baby Sparks Sparkly baby pink (Dazzleglass) (Permanent)
In Synch Light pink (Lip Pencil) (Repromote from Too Fabulous, ’10)
Dazzle the Lads Lip Bag ($36.00 U.S. / $43.00 CDN)

Baron’s Rose Medium rose (Cremesheen) (Lipstick) (Limited Edition)
Moth to Flame Sheer neutral beige (Dazzleglass) (Permanent)
Draw Me Close Dusty rose (Lip Pencil) (Limited Edition)

laylalovesmac

Quote:
Originally Posted by peachsuns
Thank you so much for the swatches, Erin!
th_wink3.gif
urock.gif

Cut a Caper and Undercurrent are looking nice!
drools.gif

peachsuns, I missed you!!!
th_hug.gif
heart.gif

How was your trip???
greengrin.gif

And yeah- cut a caper looks *very* nice.
lol.gif

ktbeta

Wow, how exciting! I can't wait to see the nail polishes and tartan eyeshadows. Right now the things on my list are: Cut a Caper and Her Blooming Cheek. I'm trying to be good so I can afford things from Sephora F&F and the MAC December collections
smiles.gif

Question: are the MAC preview events usually the Tuesday a week before the collection launches? If so, I think that would mean the preview party for TT is on the 19th

Camnagem

Quote:
Originally Posted by trulynicole
hey, what do you guys think about dazzleglass cremes? i heard people either love or hate them.

I like them! I will only wear them over lipstick though. I don't like them on their own as they are a bit runny. Some have said they're gritty, but I don't notice that at all (maybe because I wear them layered?). I much prefer the stronger/deeper colors though...the lighter shades I've tried haven't been nearly as nice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by erine1881
they're very creamy-like (not a cream tho) with a satin finish. CL is a glaze, so yes, its sheer. the paper is white computer paper. my swatches are 100% accurate (others here have said so, and i agree), but it all depends on your monitor settings. i go back to work on tuesday, and by the sounds of some people's posts, their counters got shipment in already for this collection. if we got it in as well, rest assured there will be skin swatches tuesday night.

Thanks so much for your info as always! Your swatches are AWESOME.
sigh.gif

I can't wait for your nekkid skin swatches!
graucho.gif

AndSparkle

Quote:
Originally Posted by erine1881
anytime dear. if you wanna post em on a blog go right ahead. just credit specktra for them instead of me personally. that way others' swatches will get credit as well.

as long as you try em!

i can only choose one? i'd say get black swan for a smokey eye. but everyone needs undercurrent for some sexiness!
graucho.gif
heat.gif

no, you don't need both. i guess it depends on if you want the packaging for the extra buck.
th_dunno.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by laylalovesmac
good to know about dark deed and deepest wish! i will skip DW since I have DD.
thmbup.gif

black swan it is! and I'll be sure to sneak undercurrent onto my list as well.
graucho.gif

that works out perfectly for me! since i'm going to the event now, everything just gets pushed up a week.
greengrin.gif

erin, have you seen the sets? which ones are passable? atm, i want all seven.
ssad.gif

Layla, you have to get Undercurrent. I have brown eyes, and the green and gold just looks amazing on me. It's possibly my favourite mac product full stop. So pretty!
drools.gif

Visi

Thank you SO much for the swatches!!

Did you notice whether the e/s have an overspray or does the pattern go all the way through? It doesn't look like the bronze lines have affected the light gold of GC very much, so it might be a pass for me.

My list has shrunk - a lot! I'm trying to be sensible.

I want:

Pigment
Family Crest

Pearlglide Liner
Lord It Up

Blush
My Highland Honey

and maaaaybe The Fairie Glen lipstick. It looks amazing, but I've so many lip products.. I wonder how it compares with Hug Me.

Can't wait for more swatches!
th_DANCE.gif

Pinkdollface

Thank you Erin!
The swatches look gorgeous
smiles.gif

I'm definitely getting some of the PG liners and some of the DGC.
From the lipsticks i like Courting Lilac and Cut a Caper the most and the blushes i like both
drools.gif

I'm not sure about the pigments. I have Deep Blue Green pigment and i don't use it that often because it's so dark. These pigments are also dark so i'm not sure if i would use them that often.

Ilenia

Thank you so much Erin!

I still can't decide between Cut-a-Caper and Faerie Glen tho! I can't buy both tho since I want so much other stuff. I'm hoping for the skin swatches on Tuesday night.

LMD84

thanks for the swatches Erin! that makes me happy. also i am cutting off the green shadow from my list and just getting the grey one
smiles.gif
so you have saved me money too! woo! and cut a caper looks as stunning as i thought it would! yay!

mystery

Thanks so much Erin!
smiles.gif

My list has pretty much stayed the same;
Family Crest, MHH blush, Black swan pg, Undercurrent pg and maybe Golden Crown, depending on skin swatches
smiles.gif

Ah, I can't keep up with all this amazing info! I need to get over the VV rush before I can take all of this in properly!
tong.gif

Soul Unique

Watch this month, fly by!!

Having seen the swatches [Thanks]. I am now thinking of leaving out Dark Deed [in VV] and purchasing Deepest Wish instead, along with Family Crest, HBC, MHH and Undercurrent.

bis

Thanks a lot for your swatches Erin. You rock, as usual
smiles.gif

As the eyeshadows are Satin, I think I will get the grey one. Can you apply the colours individually or are they basically one colour?

So far it's two of the pigments and Black Swan
drools.gif

spunky

thanks for your swatches erin!
urock.gif

my list so far is pretty big. hopefully when we know more about dupes etc i can cut some things off it
smiles.gif

chromatrix

I will be on the road when these go on sale. Good thing I have a 3G iPad. If I miss the pigments and Black Swan I will be very sad. I figure the pigment sets will be around for a while not as worried about those.

s_lost

After the swatches, my list it's still huge! I'm just not sure about the single es, except for Glamora Castle. I was thinking that Enviable Fun would be a medium-dark green.

Black Swan looks so close to Black Russian!

Flaminbird

Quote:
Originally Posted by rowandamia
when I picked up my VV items at Nordstrom, I got to see the Tartan Tale book. It made me really like the shadows

All you gals get sneak peeks and I can't even get either the F/S or the counter to even talk about anything coming up.
thmbdn.gif
I wonder why she said the book didnt even come out yet???? I do remember her saying something about pre-orders on the 9th.