MAC - Holiday 2010 A Tartan Tale Discussion

elegant-one

Quote:
Originally Posted by erine1881

i can only choose one? i'd say get black swan for a smokey eye. but everyone needs undercurrent for some sexiness!
graucho.gif
heat.gif

yeppers - I am on the "Undercurrent" is sexxxy bandwagon too.
thmbup.gif
graucho.gif

loving the look of Black Swan & Lord it Up

thanks doll

laylalovesmac

Quote:
Originally Posted by ktbeta
Question: are the MAC preview events usually the Tuesday a week before the collection launches? If so, I think that would mean the preview party for TT is on the 19th

Yep. The invite I got says the 19th.
greengrin.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndSparkle
Layla, you have to get Undercurrent. I have brown eyes, and the green and gold just looks amazing on me. It's possibly my favourite mac product full stop. So pretty!
drools.gif

Dually noted.
sneaky.gif
lol.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by LMD84
my list for the colour story is super small! it's the sets that will kill my wallet!
tong.gif

I think both parts will kill me! Since Erin mentioned backing up the pigments, I'm now thinking I may have to do the same. I use Later usually 3+ times in any given week.... I'll have to think about this one since I also want 2 lipsticks, 1 eyeshadow, both blushes, 2 pearlglides and 2 of the pigments. And if I back up all three, we're talking 5.
shockt.gif

What is everyone's opinion on the face kits? I kind of want the one with OSF in it, because I would like a backup. I've had Dame on my list forever, but if I'm being honest, Plum Foolery has never crossed my radar. And I adore the compact. Are they worth it?

katred

Specktra Bestie
Oooh... I wasn't expecting swatches so soon!! Thanks a million Erin! It actually reaffirms my list more than anything. The glosses look prettier than I thought, but I think that's because they're on paper. Still not gravitating towards them.

And, schmuck that I am, I think I may still get DW. A girl can never have too many dark lipsticks (or can she?... I'm on the fence now...)

PinkBasset

Quote:
Originally Posted by laylalovesmac
What is everyone's opinion on the face kits? I kind of want the one with OSF in it, because I would like a backup. I've had Dame on my list forever, but if I'm being honest, Plum Foolery has never crossed my radar. And I adore the compact. Are they worth it?

I really like Plum Foolery. But since I have that plus Oh So Fair, I won't be getting that kit just for Dame (which is perm. and quite close to Coygirl if I don't remember totally wrong?). But the other kit with Melba in it interests me.
yes.gif

Erin if you have time, I have couple of questions about My Highland Honey and Black Swan. Is MHH a clear bright peachy colour like say Utterly Game, or is it dirtier peach, like it's name - a honey shade? I would really like a honey shade.
smiles.gif
And how about Black Swan, is it anything like Black Russian? Thanks!

liba

Quote:
Originally Posted by elegant-one
thmbup.gif
graucho.gif

thanks doll

The thing that is so amazing about Undercurrent is that it has this sheen to it, along with the golden sparkles. It's really hard to describe - almost a wet overlayer, like looking into a translucent pool of water. As Erin was saying, using it all over the lid is a GOOD idea.

I still think Industrial turned out to be the most beautiful color from that batch of Pearlglides (the duochrome blue/grey/violet is too much!), but Undercurrent has the most gorgeous texture of all of them.

Cannot wait for Black Swan!!
th_worship.gif

laylalovesmac

Quote:
Originally Posted by PinkBasset
I really like Plum Foolery. But since I have that plus Oh So Fair, I won't be getting that kit just for Dame (which is perm. and quite close to Coygirl if I don't remember totally wrong?). But the other kit with Melba in it interests me.
yes.gif

Cool. I think I am persuaded.
sneaky.gif

elegant-one

Quote:
Originally Posted by liba
The thing that is so amazing about Undercurrent is that it has this sheen to it, along with the golden sparkles. It's really hard to describe - almost a wet overlayer, like looking into a translucent pool of water. As Erin was saying, using it all over the lid is a GOOD idea.

I still think Industrial turned out to be the most beautiful color from that batch of Pearlglides (the duochrome blue/grey/violet is too much!), but Undercurrent has the most gorgeous texture of all of them.

Cannot wait for Black Swan!!
th_worship.gif

yes.gif
yep, I really liked Industrial as well. yeah baby, bring on Black Swan
th_drool.gif

LMD84

undercurrent is an amazing liner. i wore it again a couple of days ago and it went so well with purple shadows! teal and purple =
love.gif

cutemiauw

Quote:
Originally Posted by LMD84
undercurrent is an amazing liner. i wore it again a couple of days ago and it went so well with purple shadows! teal and purple =
love.gif

Now undercurrent is upgrading itself in my must have list
drools.gif

lilithsnake6

The color story definitely interests me more... I'm trying to rationalize getting Deepest Wish knowing I already bought Cunning, Kittenish & Dark Deed (but DW has a bit more brown in it, that the others don't have, right? right? maybe?) I need skin swatches to decide on any of the e/s, I thought EF would be a darker green so I think that's off. I don't really like regular dazzleglass so I'm such I won't be a big fan of the cremes. I think the pigments are the star here, absolutely gorgeous!

The sets- well, except for the one w/ the vps, I would rather have shades I could depot, the pink face kit is too cool for me & the warm one has peachtwist which I just bought (which is absolute love on med skintones)- I probably end up just buying Melba

HebrideanSprite

I'm debating on Glamora castle it looks almost taupey instead of cool grey (which is what I wanted) so I'm at a stand still. Though I think Gold Crown looks like it will be a lovely warm gold. Ahh its so difficult! I just want so much! And The Family Crest pigment looks like it's going to be my first pigment ever. (Are the Mac pigments at all like the Fyrinnae eyeshadow pots?)

kiss

OMG I am sooo excited for Moonlight Light and The Family Crest piggies! They look gorgeous. I never get back-ups but I will get a backup for Undercurrent liner. A week ago I was thinking, I hope they bring this back as I don't want to be without it! The other pearlglides aren't really doing anything for me. I wish they would bring back Industrial!

LMD84

Quote:
Originally Posted by cutemiauw
Now undercurrent is upgrading itself in my must have list
drools.gif

it really is a great liner! i highly reccomend it!
smiles.gif
and i'm not usually an enabler!

peachsuns

Quote:
peachsuns, I missed you!!!
th_hug.gif
heart.gif

How was your trip???
greengrin.gif

And yeah- cut a caper looks *very* nice.
lol.gif

I missed you, too, Salina!
th_hug.gif
heart.gif

The trip was great! Yosemite national park was beautiful! We enjoyed the nature, and had a nice relaxed time there. My parents love it.
heart.gif
Because of the season, the rivers and falls didn't have much water, but we got to see the fall leaves in June Lake. The fall is coming, girls! We spent five days in the mountain. Then, right after that, we hopped on a little cruise ship to see the dolphins in Newport Beach yesterday. When you travel so much in a short period of time, the things start feel surreal like "was I really there?". I was happy that I was able to spend some quality time with my parents since we live pretty far from each other. I miss them already.
sigh.gif

So nice to come back here. Since I haven't even checked the color story yet, every time I see the product names in an abbreviation, I go
th_confused_new.gif
. I'm way behind.
lol.gif

Quote:
thmbup.gif
graucho.gif

thanks doll

Undercurrent is super gorgeous! I don't know why I didn't get it last time.
th_crazy2.gif
I guess strange things do happen sometimes. I will definitely buy it this time.
yes.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by nunu
Erin, you rock!! Thanks for your swatches
heart.gif

Love your avatar. It makes me smile every time I see it.
winks.gif

erine1881

Quote:
Originally Posted by Visi
Did you notice whether the e/s have an overspray or does the pattern go all the way through? It doesn't look like the bronze lines have affected the light gold of GC very much, so it might be a pass for me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bis
As the eyeshadows are Satin, I think I will get the grey one. Can you apply the colours individually or are they basically one colour?

when i swatched em, i just did the solid colour. i didn't get any of the coloured lines, if that helps ya. the lines are embossed, so i'm assuming they go as far down as the barbie designs, so...maybe halfway down??? i'm not sure about the striping tho. the stripes are very thing, but there are large patches of the shadow colour. i honestly think that the lines are more decorative, and that the colour is an overspray, but i'm not 100% sure.

Quote:

if you want a backup of OSF, then i say get this face kit. dame is really pretty on your skintone, as everyone needs plum foolery! is the perfect pinky plum with slight shimmer for fall.

Quote:
thmbup.gif
graucho.gif

thanks doll

oh yeah baby!
graucho.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by PinkBasset
Erin if you have time, I have couple of questions about My Highland Honey and Black Swan. Is MHH a clear bright peachy colour like say Utterly Game, or is it dirtier peach, like it's name - a honey shade? I would really like a honey shade.
smiles.gif
And how about Black Swan, is it anything like Black Russian? Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by s_lost
Black Swan looks so close to Black Russian!

MHH is a bright orangy-yellow peach. it looks exactly like UG, but with a touch of yellow to it.

BS is exactly like BR. the only difference is BS has the larger shimmer bits, as that's what makes the PGI liners different from the original PG liners.

and for comparison, LIU PG looks like romp with big gold shimmer bits.
thmbup.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by cutegingerbread
OMG! I woke up and came here to swatches!
choochoo.gif
THANK YOU SO MUCH ERIN!!!
th_worship.gif

Will there possibly be swatches for the eyeshadow palettes?
drools.gif

the palettes came in the other day, so there will eye and lip palette swatches for sure tuesday night.

as for the colour collection, that just depends on if that stock came in or not.

laylalovesmac

Quote:
Originally Posted by peachsuns
I missed you, too, Salina!
th_hug.gif
heart.gif

The trip was great! Yosemite national park was beautiful! We enjoyed the nature, and had a nice relaxed time there. My parents love it.
heart.gif
Because of the season, the rivers and falls didn't have much water, but we got to see the fall leaves in June Lake. The fall is coming, girls! We spent five days in the mountain. Then, right after that, we hopped on a little cruise ship to see the dolphins in Newport Beach yesterday. When you travel so much in a short period of time, the things start feel surreal like "was I really there?". I was happy that I was able to spend some quality time with my parents since we live pretty far from each other. I miss them already.
sigh.gif

th_hug.gif

That sounds awesome! Reminds me I need to go back up to Colorado (nature
greengrin.gif
) to spend some time with my dad.
lol.gif

Quote:
if you want a backup of OSF, then i say get this face kit. dame is really pretty on your skintone, as everyone needs plum foolery! is the perfect pinky plum with slight shimmer for fall.

the palettes came in the other day, so there will eye and lip palette swatches for sure tuesday night.

as for the colour collection, that just depends on if that stock came in or not.

will do.
thmbup.gif

can't wait for swatches of the palettes! reelers and rockers will be mine.
greengrin.gif

HebrideanSprite

Quote:
MHH is a bright orangy-yellow peach. it looks exactly like UG, but with a touch of yellow to it.

So Erin would it be accurate to say MMH and Peaches are similar as Peaches goes on much like Utterly Game with a yellow hint or is Peaches more red?

Also would you say Glamora Castle is a taupey grey?
th_hug.gif