MAC - Holiday 2010 A Tartan Tale Discussion

kaylabella

I'm DEFINITELY getting Reelers & Rockers! It's amazingly gorgeous! Now, I have to choose between the pigments! Does anyone know how Later and Push the Edge compare?

laylalovesmac

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaylabella
I'm DEFINITELY getting Reelers & Rockers! It's amazingly gorgeous! Now, I have to choose between the pigments! Does anyone know how Later and Push the Edge compare?

So different!!! Later is black with purple reflects and PtE is a real purple. I can try and post some swatches later but the quality won't be superb.
ssad.gif

coachkitten

Quote:
Originally Posted by panther27
I want:play It Cool,Reelers and Rockers and the Happily Ever After lip kit.
drools.gif

My list exactly! Reelers & Rockers is the palette of my dreams. I love love love the super metallic eye shadow look. Especially for the holidays! This is the first holiday palette that I have been this excited about in a very long time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by UrbanSweetheart
I'm suuuuper suuuuuper new here, and new to Mac as well, but can I just say that I'm SO excited for these palettes and mini sets (and lipsticks...and pigments...lol)?! Especially after seeing Erine's swatches...
drools.gif

th_welcomeemoticonsign.gif
So happy to have you here!
smiles.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susanne
I wanted to get Hug Me - but now I will buy TFG!

iagree.gif
I always wanted Hug Me but if TFG is close then I will get this instead.

Erin you are the best! All that you do for us (swatches, comaprisons, words of advice, etc) is SO appreciated. Love you!
heart.gif

laylalovesmac

for kaylabella
heart.gif
:

My pics of Later really do it no justice. The purple reflects is much more obvious IRL. It is a must-have, IMO. I'll definitely be getting a backup or two with TT.

laterpte1.jpg

laterpte2.jpg

HTH! They're like day and night, really.
yes.gif
tong.gif

singer82

Damn, I'm actually leaning towards passing on the play it cool palette. Liking 3 out of the 6 shadows is making me second think it.

Do you think its a must have for purple fans Erin? Or should I hold out for a future purple palette?

I'm planning on getting the purple pigment set so maybe that can satisfy my purple fix.

LMD84

the reelers and rockers palette is freaking awesome! however i have dupes for the colours as Erin posted
smiles.gif
so that saves me money!

laylalovesmac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susanne
I can't pass a purple palette!
team_purple.gif

I'm surprised I'll be passing this one! It *is* gorgeous.
team_purple.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by LMD84
the reelers and rockers palette is freaking awesome! however i have dupes for the colours as Erin posted
smiles.gif
so that saves me money!

reelers and rockers is gorgeous, but if I'm being honest with myself, I'll only use two of the shades, so I'll skip.
yes.gif

Liya2007

Ladies any comparison swatches between Later and Bloodline? and if you can only get one which one would you choose? TIA

LittleMaryJane

I didn't think Cut a Caper looked that close to Ever Hip in the swatch but since Erin said one is just slightly lighter, I think I can pass on Cut a Caper.

But do I want TFG...? Hm.

sinergy

thank you for the updated swatches!!!! was ready to see the shadows..now thoughts...

i like twists of tartan..but it looks pretty dupe-able..that reelers and rockers way too frosty, though i loved the idea of so many VPs together, eh, im not feeling em. and out of the last two play it cool stands out more for me, but then i am always drawn to the purples first no matter what..hmmm..this will take some considering on my part..
lol.gif

2browneyes

Re: MAC Holiday Preview 2010

My fault, I should have been more specific. I was really trying to ask about preview parties. I was invited to one last year and was wondering where they'd be held this year and when. I'll keep checking the thread for TT to see if anything pops up. Thanks.

LMD84

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liya2007
Ladies any comparison swatches between Later and Bloodline? and if you can only get one which one would you choose? TIA

i can do one at home when i finish work if nobody does first. but they are both quite different also. i personally prefer later over bloodline but then i wasn't wowed by bloodline like many were.

LMD84

Quote:
Originally Posted by mystery
I'm getting more and more excited for family crest pigment
th_drool.gif

It looks gorgeous!

iagree.gif
both the new pigments look awesome to me!
smiles.gif

Flaminbird

Quote:
Originally Posted by sss215
Chances are this will work in your favor. Holiday from last year is in vast amounts at my CCO. I think I will wait too. Turn around for items to hit the CCO is 3-4 months now. Before it was longer.

MAC needs to slow down a bit on the collections, especially the larger ones, if its getting like this. Just saying.

Thanks I agree since I've seen almost all the previous Holiday ones there. I saw your post where TTB stuff is at the Philly one already! I also agree on them slowing down on collections.....too many coming out.

Anneri

I think I'll B2M for Hug me then... (as we can't B2M for LE items) money saved!
greengrin.gif

I don't own Ever Hip, but in the VV swatch thread someone swatched SP and Ever Hip side by side, and they are nearly indistinguishable. So that means I don't need CAC, I guess...

I'm torn between the nude and metallic palette. As I don't own any of the pigments Erine pointed out as dupes, for me it's quite unique. But even if I don't do neutral eyes that often, I really like the swatches of Dashing Lassies...

That will take some consideration!
greengrin.gif

Fortunately it'll take a while since this is available around here!
smiles.gif

Flaminbird

Quote:

I have both and I dont think they are the same at all. Bloodline looks like soot with a faint hint of purple on me and Later is dusty/black blue. I'll swatch them for you.

Edit....swatched them and what happens to me is that the black sooty base shows up more on Later then the pearly color that's in it so it didnt show up well in this swatch. Bloodline for me in real life is more like Circa Plum but deeper. Later is more blue/cool toned purple. I had to swatch several times for the soot to disappear for BL but Later the more I brushed the more the soot came out
ssad.gif
. I'm an NW20 but with pink undertones.

Bloodline on the left. Later on the right

1037596179_RZph8-S.jpg

lilMAClady

Quote:

Later and Bloodline are insanely different. Bloodline is this weird finicky burgundy (did not like returned it) and Later is this hot balckend purple with different colored sparks. I would get Later. Bloodline was awful.

lilMAClady

Quote:
Originally Posted by singer82
Damn, I'm actually leaning towards passing on the play it cool palette. Liking 3 out of the 6 shadows is making me second think it.

Do you think its a must have for purple fans Erin? Or should I hold out for a future purple palette?

I'm planning on getting the purple pigment set so maybe that can satisfy my purple fix.

Yes if you love purple don't pass on Beauties Play it cool. It's amazing!