MAC - Holiday 2010 A Tartan Tale Discussion

Deirdre

They had all the palettes out on our counter today. I always feel like I have to hurry when hubby is there, so I didn't get a good, good look, but there was a metallic gold that looked gold! And a really nice green, too, in that same palette.

I wanna go back and examine these as the colours looked really pigmented and nice rich deep colours.

shontay07108

Looking at Erin's swatches, I realize I really need to use PTE. I've had it since Make Up Arts and it's been untouched.

I personally love PTE, Bloodline and Later. Bloodline is kinda an ugly swatch,but the magic happens once you put it on. I adore it, but Later is my favorite.

mystery

Quote:
Originally Posted by erine1881
they're all one finish/texture. very buttery soft, like VPs, with a satiny finish.

drools.gif
That sounds like my type of finish for sure!
Golden Crown is back on the list!
tong.gif

GlamQueen21

OK, now I want Glamora Castle Tartan Tale eyeshadow again! I cannot wait for swatches next week! Erin rocks! I'm thinking about getting Beauties Play It Cool palette as well since I don't have any of last year's palettes and I'm thinking about getting the Sorceress palette from ACW but it's at $42. I almost got one at my CCO back in July.

peachsuns

Quote:
Originally Posted by shontay07108
Looking at Erin's swatches, I realize I really need to use PTE. I've had it since Make Up Arts and it's been untouched.

I personally love PTE, Bloodline and Later. Bloodline is kinda an ugly swatch,but the magic happens once you put it on. I adore it, but Later is my favorite.

I agree PTE is beautiful.
cutey.gif
I should use my pigments more often.
yes.gif

I think I better start making a wish list soon. Right now, I'm just admiring the swatches. LOL
tong.gif

Erin, how can we survive without you! Thank you so much for all your swatches!!!
th_kiss.gif
heart.gif

katred

Specktra Bestie
I got a new job where I have no privacy, which means I can't get on here as often as I want to... Just had some fun catching up on the thread. It may be silly, but I'm opting to get The Faerie Glen over Hug Me, even though the latter is permanent, because I just love the name. That's possibly the lamest reason ever to get a lipstick, but whatever. I guess I'm just a big lame.

Can't wait for the shadows, to see how they look in practice. I may be down to getting one palette. Play It Cool is absolutely definite (purple freak), but Reelers & Rockers looks a little off what I was hoping. I like the metallic finishes, but I can get the silver from Platinum pigment and one of the gold swatches looks really green.

Whee. I've never been excited for a holiday collection before, but this is making up for it.

laylalovesmac

Quote:
Originally Posted by katred
It may be silly, but I'm opting to get The Faerie Glen over Hug Me, even though the latter is permanent, because I just love the name.

Whee. I've never been excited for a holiday collection before, but this is making up for it.

Same on both!
tong.gif
yes.gif

bevcita

Newbie checking in to say hi! I'm still going to be on leave by the launch time soooo I won't be able to get anything. I'll just have to live through you lovely ones. Just in case tho, did palettes sell out fast last year? I'll get paid in the beginning of Nov.. My chances seem super slim :/

erine1881

Quote:
Originally Posted by singer82
Yay swatches next week!!!!!! You rock Erin

Are the lip kits lip palettes? Or individual products? TIA

all that i swatched so far have been the kits (minus MN and TFC pigments).

Quote:

iagree.gif
100%!

Quote:
Originally Posted by peachsuns
Erin, how can we survive without you! Thank you so much for all your swatches!!!
th_kiss.gif
heart.gif

well, you'd be able to afford more groceries!
cutey.gif

peachsuns

Quote:

Quote:
all that i swatched so far have been the kits (minus MN and TFC pigments).

iagree.gif
100%!

well, you'd be able to afford more groceries!
cutey.gif

And more clothing!
th_roll1.gif

LMD84

Quote:
they're all one finish/texture. very buttery soft, like VPs, with a satiny finish.

yes, if you're a purple fan, you need PIC!

img11431.jpg

PTE, later, bloodline

if you have last year's, you don't need this year's. i have last year's, but i will also be getting PIC!
yes.gif

they came yesterday (but i was off). our stockroom is a pit, with all the holiday boxes, so i wasn't able to get to anything today, not even our regular inventory! i will have swatches for you either monday or tuesday!

your swatches always look so good!
smiles.gif
i need to wear pte again... it's been a while!
tong.gif

Shadowy Lady

Quote:

they came yesterday (but i was off). our stockroom is a pit, with all the holiday boxes, so i wasn't able to get to anything today, not even our regular inventory! i will have swatches for you either monday or tuesday!

Thank you so much Erine, we all really appreciate your swatches, info and tips
winkiss.gif
. I'm away on vacation next week but that means I will come back to a tone of swatches and prob 100 pages to catch up
th_LMAO.gif

saouri

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anneri

Fortunately it'll take a while since this is available around here!
smiles.gif

yes.gif
still, I wonder when exactly it will be! since magic mirth and mischief came out early in november last year (Int.)... can we trust that it will be mid to late Nov for TT?... but maybe I am just not up to date

(I
bigheart.gif
it soooo much
blush-anim-cl.gif
)

2browneyes

Definitely gonna use PTE sometime this weekend. I haven't used it much since I got it. It's been repromoted and I still haven't pulled it off the shelf. Will do this weekend tho
smiles.gif