MAC - Holiday 2010 A Tartan Tale Discussion

saouri

It's so darn stupid how affected I can be by names...
...yup, Cut a caper is on my list along with TFG, Dashing Lassie, Golden Crown, My Highland Honey and Undercurrent... and I am still sort of interested in the nail lacquers and two of the lip bags... ahhhh...
I am definitely reeeaally tempted to get Her Blooming Cheek as well but am so scared that it will be to blue-ish pink for me...???

SakurasamaLover

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liya2007
Ladies any comparison swatches between Later and Bloodline? and if you can only get one which one would you choose? TIA

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilMAClady
Later and Bloodline are insanely different. Bloodline is this weird finicky burgundy (did not like returned it) and Later is this hot balckend purple with different colored sparks. I would get Later. Bloodline was awful.

I thought I was gonna buy Later, but when at the Pro store and swatched both, I ended up getting Bloodline. It depends on what you have and what you like playing with. BL is a transforming color pigment with plums, browns and gunmetal hues. Later is matte black with purple reflects and a bit of shimmer (purp).

I'll probably get Later too, they are not the same at all.
Oh and I LOVE Bloodline, it's a great surprise, the swatches can't do it justice.

cody

Is it worth getting the Play It Cool eyeshadow palette if I already have last year's Sorceress? Both Altered State and Hold My Gaze were in last year's as well so I'm really struggling to justify it...

Anneri

Quote:
Originally Posted by cody
Both Altered State and Hold My Gaze were in last year's as well so I'm really struggling to justify it...

yes.gif
That's the reason I'll be skipping it. It's really a shame, because I like the other shades more than the one's in the Sorceress palette, but money's not growing on trees, and I'll need money for Peacocky!
smiles.gif
(Which will be awesome as well!)

cody

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anneri
yes.gif
That's the reason I'll be skipping it. It's really a shame, because I like the other shades more than the one's in the Sorceress palette, but money's not growing on trees, and I'll need money for Peacocky!
smiles.gif
(Which will be awesome as well!)

That's exactly how I feel! I'd rather have this one but I'm already stuck with Sorceress so I guess I'll skip Play It Cool. Hopefully MAC mixes it up a bit more next year!

kaylabella

@laylalovesmac Thanks so much for the swatches!
heart.gif
They are super different. That is going to make this decision even harder! haha! Maybe I'll have to extend my budget to afford at least two of the piggies!

LMD84

i'm scared i wont have enough money for all i want from the holiday collection this year! must save some extra this month!

UrbanSweetheart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ember2
th_welcomeemoticonsign.gif

Thank you for the swatches Erine.

Thank you!!!

And yes, thanks again Erine!! You're totally helping me create a wishlist with these beautful swatches!
drools.gif

I'm beyond thankful. My wallet, not so much...
shockt.gif
lol!

cutemiauw

Quote:
Originally Posted by LMD84
i'm scared i wont have enough money for all i want from the holiday collection this year! must save some extra this month!

Same here! I don't even have much on my wish list... but I just spend extra money on VV. It's all worth it, but I really want those tartan print stuff!

HebrideanSprite

I've not been spending too much lately but I'm in uni so every penny counts. There is just so much I want from this collection! Would every one say the beauties play it cool palette is fairly unique purple wise? I just feel like I have so many purples already I shouldn't buy it- like Urban Decay's Ecstasy and Asphyxia, Wet n' Wild Kitten, Mac Plum Dressing. Also is Heather Bells a black? (I'm hoping not, I have way too many blacks that hardly get any use!)
team_purple.gif
Its just so hard! spend on this or spend on something else?
th_dunno.gif

Shadowy Lady

I really hope we see the rest of swatches soon. Erine said she might have them today, right?
greengrin.gif

This is the first time ever I'm excited about a holiday collection since 2007.

laylalovesmac

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2browneyes
My fault, I should have been more specific. I was really trying to ask about preview parties. I was invited to one last year and was wondering where they'd be held this year and when. I'll keep checking the thread for TT to see if anything pops up. Thanks.

The preview invite I got states the 19th.
yes.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaylabella
@laylalovesmac Thanks so much for the swatches!
heart.gif
They are super different. That is going to make this decision even harder! haha! Maybe I'll have to extend my budget to afford at least two of the piggies!

No problem!
winkiss.gif
Later really is amazing. Total staple for me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadowy Lady

I've never been excited about a holiday collection! This one makes up for it.
heart.gif

shontay07108

Alright. I've been thinking about the pigments and I feel pressure to buy Moonlight Night, but I don't think I can do it. I love DBG pigment, but I have so much of it left and it is close to MN. The collection is so close to being released that I need to use the change I have for more unique items.

I'm also skipping the single shadows, lipsticks, dg cremes and lip kit after all. Just the must have items for me. Then if some items are still around later, I may pick them up.

So I want:
The Family Crest pigment
Black Swan Pearlglide
Style Clan Nail Lacquer (I saw this in the store and it's gorgeous)
6 Beauties Play It Cool Palette (my first Mac palette!)
A Triumphant Blush Face Kit

No pigment or lipglass sets. I have to be practical. I don't even use the ones I bought last year. So, that's all I want right, right now. I'm going to see if I can pay for a couple of those items at an NYC store this weekend.

GlamQueen21

^I too will be skipping the single eyeshadows in this collection as well as the pigment sets and the lipglass sets.

This collection is going to eat my wallet!
th_WeAreDoomed.png

Liya2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by LMD84
i can do one at home when i finish work if nobody does first. but they are both quite different also. i personally prefer later over bloodline but then i wasn't wowed by bloodline like many were.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flaminbird
I have both and I dont think they are the same at all. Bloodline looks like soot with a faint hint of purple on me and Later is dusty/black blue. I'll swatch them for you.

Edit....swatched them and what happens to me is that the black sooty base shows up more on Later then the pearly color that's in it so it didnt show up well in this swatch. Bloodline for me in real life is more like Circa Plum but deeper. Later is more blue/cool toned purple. I had to swatch several times for the soot to disappear for BL but Later the more I brushed the more the soot came out
ssad.gif
. I'm an NW20 but with pink undertones.

Bloodline on the left. Later on the right

1037596179_RZph8-S.jpg

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilMAClady
Later and Bloodline are insanely different. Bloodline is this weird finicky burgundy (did not like returned it) and Later is this hot balckend purple with different colored sparks. I would get Later. Bloodline was awful.

Thank you soo much ladies, I think Later it is
tong.gif

erine1881

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeresitaMC
I don't recall if the tartan striped e/s is all one formula or if they each have different finishes. Does anyone know? If it is the latter, are you, Erin, able to tell us what they are?
th_wink3.gif

they're all one finish/texture. very buttery soft, like VPs, with a satiny finish.

Quote:
Originally Posted by singer82
Damn, I'm actually leaning towards passing on the play it cool palette. Liking 3 out of the 6 shadows is making me second think it.

Do you think its a must have for purple fans Erin? Or should I hold out for a future purple palette?

I'm planning on getting the purple pigment set so maybe that can satisfy my purple fix.

yes, if you're a purple fan, you need PIC!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaylabella
I'm DEFINITELY getting Reelers & Rockers! It's amazingly gorgeous! Now, I have to choose between the pigments! Does anyone know how Later and Push the Edge compare?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liya2007
Ladies any comparison swatches between Later and Bloodline? and if you can only get one which one would you choose? TIA

img11431.jpg

PTE, later, bloodline

Quote:
Originally Posted by cody
Is it worth getting the Play It Cool eyeshadow palette if I already have last year's Sorceress? Both Altered State and Hold My Gaze were in last year's as well so I'm really struggling to justify it...

if you have last year's, you don't need this year's. i have last year's, but i will also be getting PIC!
yes.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadowy Lady
I really hope we see the rest of swatches soon. Erine said she might have them today, right?
greengrin.gif

they came yesterday (but i was off). our stockroom is a pit, with all the holiday boxes, so i wasn't able to get to anything today, not even our regular inventory! i will have swatches for you either monday or tuesday!

laylalovesmac

Quote:
Originally Posted by erine1881
they came yesterday (but i was off). our stockroom is a pit, with all the holiday boxes, so i wasn't able to get to anything today, not even our regular inventory! i will have swatches for you either monday or tuesday!

th_thstars.gif
th_happy1.gif
th_kiss.gif