MAC - Holiday 2010 A Tartan Tale Discussion

HebrideanSprite

Quote:
Originally Posted by katred
I got a new job where I have no privacy, which means I can't get on here as often as I want to... Just had some fun catching up on the thread. It may be silly, but I'm opting to get The Faerie Glen over Hug Me, even though the latter is permanent, because I just love the name. That's possibly the lamest reason ever to get a lipstick, but whatever. I guess I'm just a big lame.

Can't wait for the shadows, to see how they look in practice. I may be down to getting one palette. Play It Cool is absolutely definite (purple freak), but Reelers & Rockers looks a little off what I was hoping. I like the metallic finishes, but I can get the silver from Platinum pigment and one of the gold swatches looks really green.

Whee. I've never been excited for a holiday collection before, but this is making up for it.

You sound like a girl after my own heart! I want Faerie Glen just for the name, I want Play it Cool for the purples (and hold my gaze) and I'm super excited for the tartan shadows!
team_purple.gif
yahoo.gif

saouri

Quote:
I got a new job where I have no privacy, which means I can't get on here as often as I want to... Just had some fun catching up on the thread. It may be silly, but I'm opting to get The Faerie Glen over Hug Me, even though the latter is permanent, because I just love the name. That's possibly the lamest reason ever to get a lipstick, but whatever. I guess I'm just a big lame.

This is probably no reconciliation at all but: I am at least just as lame as you are!!! Names totally get to me too - but as long as you really like the product behind it as well, I think it's alright... (at least that is what I am telling myself
smiles.gif
)

Maybe I wouldn't freak out over the immense amount of money I am gonna spend on cosmetics, probably all in one day, just for this collection if the names didn't totally get me too (I probably wouldn't want The fairy Glen if it was called "Snobby Princess"...or would I??
hmm.gif
). but I am probably even lamer than you!! Yeah, yeah, MAC's marketing totally gets me this time... well done!!!
th_wink3.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by HebrideanSprite
You sound like a girl after my own heart! I want Faerie Glen just for the name, I want Play it Cool for the purples (and hold my gaze) and I'm super excited for the tartan shadows!

YAAAAY - *We are not alone!!* dummdadumm
th_DANCE.gif

Quote:
Whee. I've never been excited for a holiday collection before, but this is making up for it.

Same here!!!!!

LMD84

Quote:
Originally Posted by bevcita
Newbie checking in to say hi! I'm still going to be on leave by the launch time soooo I won't be able to get anything. I'll just have to live through you lovely ones. Just in case tho, did palettes sell out fast last year? I'll get paid in the beginning of Nov.. My chances seem super slim :/

th_welcomeemoticonsign.gif
to specktra!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleMaryJane
Never really felt the need to get PTE but it looks sooooo amazing in that swatch!

pte really looks best when wet! it is awesome - dry it is just a little blah!

banana1234

Quote:
Originally Posted by shontay07108
Alright. I've been thinking about the pigments and I feel pressure to buy Moonlight Night, but I don't think I can do it. I love DBG pigment, but I have so much of it left and it is close to MN. The collection is so close to being released that I need to use the change I have for more unique items.

I'm also skipping the single shadows, lipsticks, dg cremes and lip kit after all. Just the must have items for me. Then if some items are still around later, I may pick them up.

So I want:
The Family Crest pigment
Black Swan Pearlglide
Style Clan Nail Lacquer (I saw this in the store and it's gorgeous)
6 Beauties Play It Cool Palette (my first Mac palette!)
A Triumphant Blush Face Kit

No pigment or lipglass sets. I have to be practical. I don't even use the ones I bought last year. So, that's all I want right, right now. I'm going to see if I can pay for a couple of those items at an NYC store this weekend.

you know you'll probably end up getting moonlight night anyway though right?

HebrideanSprite

Quote:
Originally Posted by rowandamia
looking around and found some pics

Mac Glamora Castle
Mac Golden Crown
Mac Semi-Precious
A Fabulous Fantasy Lip Kit
Sir Teddy
Source

AHhhh! Big pictures of the shadows! Yay!

AndSparkle

Quote:
Originally Posted by LMD84
th_welcomeemoticonsign.gif
to specktra!

pte really looks best when wet! it is awesome - dry it is just a little blah!

True that.

For UK peeps, I asked the Birmingham MUA today, and she said it comes out in stores on the first Thursday of November
smiles.gif

laylalovesmac

Quote:

Mac Glamora Castle
Sir Teddy
Source

Boo @ the lip palettes!!! Grr.

But, I think I may need Glamora Castle again, if not just for the name.
greengrin.gif

And Sir Teddy looks cuter in every pic.
heart.gif

Thanks for finding those, rowandamia!!!!
thmbup.gif

shontay07108

Quote:
Originally Posted by banana1234
you know you'll probably end up getting moonlight night anyway though right?

Nah uh!
nonono.gif
Don't say that! I don't need it.

TealAngel

Quote:

Mac Glamora Castle
Mac Golden Crown
Mac Semi-Precious

OMG!! Pictures of the eyeshadows!! Im loving the plaid imprint on them!

I like the look of Glamora Castle...cuckoo for teal here
lol.gif
...though I have a grey es from GMLOL collec that I haven't used yet (!?)
shockt.gif

I like the color of the Semi-Precious es...I have to see swatches of it though before it goes on the to-buy list...

TealAngel

Quote:

Source

Hmm...wonder how much lip product is in each individual section? Wonder if you could hit bottom of the pan quickly...

juicycouture328

^That's what I'm wondering too. I can only buy MAC online due to my location.

But from seeing the swatches, I think I'm gonna love this whole collection. looks uber pretty.

Roxie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TealAngel
Hmm...wonder how much lip product is in each individual section? Wonder if you could hit bottom of the pan quickly...

I would assume about the same as every other holiday lip palette they put out every year. It's not like there's a full tube of lipstick in each well, but there's a decent amount.

Quote:
Originally Posted by atwingirl
Does anyone know what date this will go online?

It's generally two days before it goes up for sale in-store.

banana1234

Quote:
Originally Posted by shontay07108
Nah uh!
nonono.gif
Don't say that! I don't need it.

hehe if you end up getting it i can
nonono.gif
at you!

shontay07108

Quote:
Originally Posted by banana1234
hehe if you end up getting it i can
nonono.gif
at you!

Maybe I won't tell you!
girlhaha.gif

Who am I kidding? I can't keep a secret.

ktbeta

My favorite MAC artists let me play with some of the testers today

Based on that, here's what I'll be getting:
6 Twists of Tartan
6 Beauties Play It Cool
Glamora Castle
Semi-Precious
Cut a Caper
Her Blooming Cheek

Total = $144