MAC - Holiday 2010 A Tartan Tale Discussion

HebrideanSprite

SQUEEEEE!!!!!!!! *glomp*
th_hug.gif

TealAngel

Oh WOWie, wow, wow!
drools.gif

I think Im going to get one of those eyeshadow palettes or a lip kit so I can have that touch of plaid on the outside case!

tong.gif

shontay07108

Style Clan (top) and Sly as a Fox
s640x480

This picture sucks. Sorry. Up top is My Highland Honey (an unflattering, flat, chalky peach) and Her Blooming Cheek (way, way bright. not interested). Also, the pearlglides: Lord it Up(pretty nice, but meh), Black Line(I really like this one. In person I can really see the gold.), Undercurrent(amazing!), Black Swan(it was ok, very subtle, but I prefer Black Line.), Petrol Blue(gorgeous, pearly navy blue. not unique but great).
s640x480

Up top: The Faerie Glen, Moonlight Night(gorgeous and different enough from DBG to justify the purchase) and The Family Crest pigments up top (gorgeous black bronze with plenty of shimmer)

Bottom: Deepest Wish(a cousin of dark deed and felt dry), Courting Lilac(took work to see color on my hand. I like Lustres but not this. Color looks sick. Not on par with other glazes like Bubblegum, Big Bow and Spiced Tea), Full Fuchsia(very bright and opaque, but didn't do anything for me. kinda over these colors), Cut A Caper (an unflattering, semi-opaque peachy pink. The closest thing I can think of is Jazzed, but they are not dupes).
s640x480

Dazzleglass Cremes Right top to bottom: Radiant Jewels(good one, but don't love it enough to buy it), Soft Dazzle
Left top to bottom: Romancin'(prettier the second time around. I might buy this. might.), Passing Fancy(very pretty coral. I can see this over many lipsticks, but you may have a similar DG. I will probably buy this.), Lightly Prancing(I really liked this one. It's universally flattering, I think)
s640x480

Single shadows(this is where it gets fuzzy) The top left to right: Enviably Fun(I don't see any green in this. it was just like a soft yellow. go figure.), Glamora Castle(even duller in person. this is the one I was looking forward to. skip!),I believe this one is Semi-Precious(not the color I would wear, but it is pigmented and smooth so if this is your kind of color buy it), A Wish Come True(it's like in the beautiful Iris family. meh)

Bottom left to right: I know the first one is Golden Crown(pretty but totally not unique), Follow Your Fantasy(now this is the only single shadow I can see myself buying. peach, coral fiends, you cannot resist.)
s640x480

s640x480

I forgot to swatch the triumphant blush kit. I hate that b/c I want that one. I didn't swatch the shadow palettes either. Both of my hands were so used up. I had sparkles and mac wipes scent all over them. Hope these pics help some of you.

I am getting:
Moonlight Night and Family Crest pigment
Undercurrent pearlglide
Style Clan nail lacquer
6 Beauties Play It Cool
Triumphant Blush Kit

Probably getting:
Passing Fancy DGC

On the fence on:
Romancin' DGC
Follow Your Fantasy shadow

shontay07108

Quote:
Originally Posted by yellowdaisies
OMG!!!!!!!!!

Those eyeshadows look huge?

They're the size of mineralized shadows. You definitely can't fit these in your Mac palette.
lol.gif

HebrideanSprite

Quote:
Originally Posted by shontay07108
Style Clan (top) and Sly as a Fox
s640x480

This picture sucks. Sorry. Up top is My Highland Honey (an unflattering, flat, chalky peach) and Her Blooming Cheek (way, way bright. not interested). Also, the pearlglides: Lord it Up(pretty nice, but meh), Black Line(I really like this one. In person I can really see the gold.), Undercurrent(amazing!), Black Swan(it was ok, very subtle, but I prefer Black Line.), Petrol Blue(gorgeous, pearly navy blue. not unique but great).
s640x480

Up top: The Faerie Glen, Moonlight Night(gorgeous and different enough from DBG to justify the purchase) and The Family Crest pigments up top (gorgeous black bronze with plenty of shimmer)

Bottom: Deepest Wish(a cousin of dark deed and felt dry), Courting Lilac(took work to see color on my hand. I like Lustres but not this. Color looks sick. Not on par with other glazes like Bubblegum, Big Bow and Spiced Tea), Full Fuchsia(very bright and opaque, but didn't do anything for me. kinda over these colors), Cut A Caper (an unflattering, semi-opaque peachy pink. The closest thing I can think of is Jazzed, but they are not dupes).
s640x480

Dazzleglass Cremes Right top to bottom: Radiant Jewels(good one, but don't love it enough to buy it), Soft Dazzle
Left top to bottom: Romancin'(prettier the second time around. I might buy this. might.), Passing Fancy(very pretty coral. I can see this over many lipsticks, but you may have a similar DG. I will probably buy this.), Lightly Prancing(I really liked this one. It's universally flattering, I think)
s640x480

Single shadows(this is where it gets fuzzy) The top left to right: Enviably Fun(I don't see any green in this. it was just like a soft yellow. go figure.), Glamora Castle(even duller in person. this is the one I was looking forward to. skip!),I believe this one is Semi-Precious(not the color I would wear, but it is pigmented and smooth so if this is your kind of color buy it), A Wish Come True(it's like in the beautiful Iris family. meh)

Bottom left to right: I know the first one is Golden Crown(pretty but totally not unique), Follow Your Fantasy(now this is the only single shadow I can see myself buying. peach, coral fiends, you cannot resist.)
s640x480

s640x480

I forgot to swatch the triumphant blush kit. I hate that b/c I want that one. I didn't swatch the shadow palettes either. Both of my hands were so used up. I had sparkles and mac wipes scent all over them. Hope these pics help some of you.

I am getting:
Moonlight Night and Family Crest pigment
Undercurrent pearlglide
Style Clan nail lacquer
6 Beauties Play It Cool
Triumphant Blush Kit

Probably getting:
Passing Fancy DGC

On the fence on:
Romancin' DGC
Follow Your Fantasy shadow

Thank-you so much! What was the order of the shadows on your hand other than Golden Crown and Follow Your Fantasy?
yahoo.gif

shontay07108

Quote:
Originally Posted by HebrideanSprite
Thank-you so much! What was the order of the shadows on your hand other than Golden Crown and Follow Your Fantasy?
yahoo.gif

The top is Enviably Fun, Glamora Castle, Semi-Precious, and A Wish Come True

Will anyone be kind enough to put these in the swatch thread? I'm too beat tonight.

erine1881

Quote:
Originally Posted by HebrideanSprite
Erin said she'd possibly have swatches for us today or tomorrow right? Soooo excited! Can't wait to see more swatches of these colours!

i just started checking this stuff in an hour before close, so i only have the pearlglides today. but i will have the rest tmrw!

Quote:
I can tell you now Undercurrent is mine. I apologize to GlamQueen and Erin for ever doubting them on that.

nonono.gif

as long as you learned your lesson missy!

winkiss.gif

img11511s.jpg

black line, black swan (with black russian below), lord it up, petrol blue, undercurrent.

shontay07108

I'm really trying to stick to one pearlglide, but I'm loving Black Line and I came close to buying it before. Can anyone rave about it?

Icecaramellatte

Thanks for the swatches Shontay! I had a feeling My Highland Honey would be too light so I can cross it off my list. It looks like I can cross some of the Tartan single shadows off my list too. Thanks.

liba

Quote:
I'm really trying to stick to one pearlglide, but I'm loving Black Line and I came close to buying it before. Can anyone rave about it?

Black Line has that same gorgeous effect as Undercurrent, where the gold sparkles appear to lay over the base color almost as if they were suspended in water. I love that deep, glistening, multi-level texture.

I bought 2 of 'em during Art Supplies!

The only drawback is you can't use it in the waterline. Other than that, it's smudge-proof on my watery eyes and pretty much stays on until you take it off.

Is that enough of a rave for ya?
thmbup.gif

shontay07108

Quote:
Originally Posted by liba
Black Line has that same gorgeous effect as Undercurrent, where the gold sparkles appear to lay over the base color almost as if they were suspended in water. I love that deep, glistening, multi-level texture.

I bought 2 of 'em during Art Supplies!

The only drawback is you can't use it in the waterline. Other than that, it's smudge-proof on my watery eyes and pretty much stays on until you take it off.

Is that enough of a rave for ya?
thmbup.gif

Absolutely! Thank you. Now I have to get that one, too.
choochoo.gif

liba

Quote:
Originally Posted by erine1881
i just started checking this stuff in an hour before close, so i only have the pearlglides today. but i will have the rest tmrw!

img11511s.jpg

black line, black swan (with black russian below), lord it up, petrol blue, undercurrent.

It's hard to make out the highlight/sparkle color in Black Swan - is it that same sort of multi-crystal-pink like in French Quarter GPS, or is it more purpley?

specktra_rocks.gif
Thanks Erine and Shontay for the swatch avalanche of love!

erine1881

Quote:

yahoo.gif
yahoo.gif
i'm raving about it! its gorgeous!!!
yahoo.gif
yahoo.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by liba
It's hard to make out the highlight/sparkle color in Black Swan - is it that same sort of multi-crystal-pink like in French Quarter GPS, or is it more purpley?

specktra_rocks.gif
Thanks Erine and Shontay for the swatch avalanche of love!

black swan has no pink or purple in it. its black with silver sparkle.

shontay07108

I want to go to my local store this weekend and see if I can get better swatches. Not really happy with all the ones I got. I hope I can purchase some stuff,too. I could've today had I not taken a trip to the Betsey Johnson store beforehand.
th_crazy.gif

That settles it, I'm getting 2 black lines. Oh boy, here I go.

Icecaramellatte

Quote:

I can rave about it. Great color. But I think the name is a misnomer. It is black but the gold sparkles in it make it look more olive greeny/khaki for me. I do love it and I am debating getting another.

coachkitten

Thanks Shontay for the pictures & review. And thanks Erin for the pearlglide swatches.

My list for this collection is starting to grow the more I see. Uh oh!
smiles.gif