MAC - Holiday 2010 A Tartan Tale Discussion

laylalovesmac

Quote:
Originally Posted by LMD84
i bet it will look great over greengrease gps!
smiles.gif
graucho.gif

I'm still kicking myself for skipping greengrease
th_wallbash.gif

spunky

yay! both sound gorgeous
yes.gif

seriously, that tiny wee snippet of info has kicked my hangover in the teeth. i feel great now! ahh, the healing power of mac
tong.gif

Visi

I love the sound of Family Crest! Anything with a gold shimmer can come live in my house
heart.gif

Will we be able to see swatches sometime soon? Pleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepl easepleasepleasepleaseplease
smiles.gif

PinkBasset

Quote:
Originally Posted by laylalovesmac
th_wallbash.gif

Maybe you find the new green gps with VV to be even better!
yes.gif

LMD84

Quote:
th_wallbash.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by PinkBasset
yes.gif

yes i was going to say that french quarter sounds exactly the same as green grease
smiles.gif

laylalovesmac

Quote:
Originally Posted by PinkBasset
yes.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by LMD84
yes i was going to say that french quarter sounds exactly the same as green grease
smiles.gif

I really hope it is! In Erin's swatches, it doesn't look that green though
weeping.gif

katred

Specktra Bestie
Quote:
I really hope it is! In Erin's swatches, it doesn't look that green though
weeping.gif

iagree.gif

I found it looked more like Dirty from the same collection. Although it does have more of a greenish cast.

FYI laylalovesmac, I found my Greengrease in a store about three weeks ago. Always check the little boxes of stuff laying around the stores, usually next to the standard lip/ eye displays. You can get great surprises.

LMD84

hhmm yes it doesn't look green from swatches! but i am sure any dark base would look good with this new pigment. maybe even delft paint pot to bring out more of the green tones? i'm saying all this blind of course due to me not seeing the pigment!
tong.gif

katred

Specktra Bestie
Quote:
Originally Posted by iheartmakeup
hello! I can tell you the pigments (I'm guessing from the colour collection as they're full sized) are super freaking amazing smokey hotness in a jar!

The 3 of them are all really dark kinda blackened shades. Later we've all seen pics from A&O. The Family Crest is dark with gold shimmer and Moonlight Night is just wow. Possibly my fave pigment ever. It's like a blackened green. Stunning!

These are just my first impressions from playing around with them, but I'm really excited!

Well, at least I got Later with A+O, so I'll only be buying two pigments rather than all three... Anything smoky is basically a no-brainer for me and these sound particularly delicious!

LMD84

Quote:
Originally Posted by katred
Well, at least I got Later with A+O, so I'll only be buying two pigments rather than all three... Anything smoky is basically a no-brainer for me and these sound particularly delicious!

yeah smokey eyes rock! i even wear them to work and just do a nude lip or light pink lip to make it not too ott!
smiles.gif
for winter smokey eyes are especially good
smiles.gif

spunky

Quote:
Originally Posted by katred

you took the words right out of my mouth
yes.gif

i can't decide whether to get later when it comes out here next week, or with this collection
th_dunno.gif

katred

Specktra Bestie
Quote:
Originally Posted by spunky
yes.gif

i can't decide whether to get later when it comes out here next week, or with this collection
th_dunno.gif

It's nice to have the choice of how you want to spread out your spending. I'd say go for it early, because you have that much more time to show it some love. I've already used mine a few times (because I love it and because I'm becoming a pigment hound, after years of not giving in).

LMD84

Quote:
yes.gif

th_dunno.gif

i'd say get it with A&O. that way you will have more money for the holiday sets
smiles.gif

Susanne

Quote:
yes.gif

th_dunno.gif

I will get Later with the holiday collection.

miss_primer

I am really excited for this collection. I have never bought anything from the holiday collection except for the brush sets. I can't wait to see swatches of the pigments. I skipped out on Later Pigment from A+O and wish I hadnt.

liba

Quote:
th_wallbash.gif

Aww, don't bang your head over it too much. I love the greasepaint sticks with a passion and thought greengrease was going to be the best one, but I honestly get the most use out of Below Ground and Dirty.

Plus, there's the sparkly green greasepaint from VV coming up for you to enjoy!

liba

I just wasn't thrilled by Later when I swatched it. I guess I'm very picky about pigments since they're so much fussier to deal with than a standard pressed shadow.

Vile Violet will take care of my dark dark purple needs this season.

Moonlight Night on the other hand.......
th_drool.gif

Shadowy Lady

oooooh, I will pick the two new pigments. I love me some smokey eyes too. Later is amazing and I'm sure the other two will measure up too...thanks for the teaser Em
smiles.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by liba
Aww, don't bang your head over it too much. I love the greasepaint sticks with a passion and thought greengrease was going to be the best one, but I honestly get the most use out of Below Ground and Dirty.

Plus, there's the sparkly green greasepaint from VV coming up for you to enjoy!

agreed, Below Ground and Dirty are HOT! I use them a few times a week
yes.gif

Latest posts